Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900860 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think I will take it easy today too.  Was a great game yesterday. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 28 at choretime on the way to a hi in the low 40's. Sad to think that in a month this might seem like a warm day! Snow is still here although it settled a tad overnite. Wound up with 3.2" of the crud, with .27" of water melted out of the snow plus an additional .12" that fell as rain in the wee hours of Sunday a.m. Snow still bitterly clinging to husks and stalks in the corn. Great way to plug a combine. Soil surface was marginal on Saturday. Will be like snot when it thaws & a day or 2 before conditions are fit to go again.

From yesterday afternoon:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
da wedder gods are getting back at ya!!!!!!!!!!!! i must live a more clean wholesome lifestyle..............nary a snow flake in cold spring!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
da wedder gods are getting back at ya!!!!!!!!!!!! i must live a more clean wholesome lifestyle..............nary a snow flake in cold spring!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Just one....  :queen:   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/15/18, 10:17:14 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Just one....  :queen:   :rotflmao:
yep...my dumb azz nieghbor!!!!!!!!!!!! training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like everyone's still down for their afternoon nap... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like everyone's still down for their afternoon nap... :coffee:
yea i agree. maybe fergot da Geritol!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
watching the "The Comancheros" with John Wayne this afternoon... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Runnin' to the bathroom and shivering. Must be post-potroast distress syndrome. 😣

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just got back from a cattle auction.  I helped a friend haul three of his animals to the auction.  Now I once again remember why I'm glad I am not a farmer.  Too much work for too little reward and the cows don't give a sh..
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, DE.... I did the beef cattle thing, not much pay for all the work.  :bonk:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Did a bunch of indoor painting the last two days, Carist I think I'd rather bust brush chasing roosters than a paint brush, all the crouching , even the tall ceilings in the stairwell needed it, (according to her) I'm friggen sore. What's up with the green leaves falling and filling the yards??  The trees are trying to turn but are dropping leaves fast, too much precip I wonder..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And here, the leaves will not let go of the trees.....windy as heck, but are not blowing off, even after the freezes and the snow..... :confused:

Aren't those stairwells and ceilings fun to paint, boob? Did every room and ceiling in this house 3 years ago. The aches & pains are just starting to go away....   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/15/18, 05:54:14 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, DE.... I did the beef cattle thing, not much pay for all the work.  :bonk:

Yepper, sheep, that's where the big money's at. YUGE profits with a minimal effort, they said...:banghead: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Do the feds still have that wool board thing where they stockpile wool so they will have enough in case war breaks out again?   Or did that get shut down?   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Crop farming is where the money is(gubmit subsidies that is). ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Just another windy day in our neck of the woods. Supposed to get into the high 30s  today. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 37* & windy to start the day. I think we actually made 41* yday when the wind went a little SW & the sun peeked out. A couple good games last night, liked the end of the bball game but wasn't real happy when the 49'ers couldn't finish off GB. More yard work today as it's been so wet,windy, & cool it seems like they've all came down at the same time. Bet I've got 1.5-2'  piled up along the south side of the drive :cry:. I don't want to overdue it  :rolleyes: so it'll be little at a time. Not much else today, have a good 1
« Last Edit: October 10/16/18, 10:21:01 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn, we thought GB would win but didn't watch the game.  Was rooting for 49 of course. Well it is a dark and windy day here.  The clouds are really dark over Canada.  Moving fast too.  BIG week here.  Today it is Dentist time in Warroad and sometime this week I have to take recycling out.  Man how will I get it all done?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I may need some retirement motivational info from Mikey and Rebs.  Or Gunner and DE.   :rotflmao:  So when we do these little trips we of course have to have lunch somewhere and not sure where the little lady desires yet.  Will also do some grocery shopping there too at Dougs.  Nice store.  Well have a good one youse guys.  I think I will have an onion sandwich with a couple of smashed garlic cloves on top for breakfast.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you eat that sandwich Barry and you will be by yourself I'm thinking!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning.........dont over do it LPS!!!!!!!!! :tut: :pouty: :rotflmao:

yea i cant believe rodgers pulled another horseshoe outta his  :moon:  :bonk: :bonk: he must be trying to impress his girlfriend. :wowza: :wowza: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

not much on the agenda, clean up a few leaves so i can sneek over to gunners and dump them in his driveway!!!!!!! :angel: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: get things ready to head north. i think i feel ill about noon friday already!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good one Glenn...    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I won't really eat that sandwich.  I just like to get a rise out of the wife whenever we to to the dentist.  It is all women there.  Young babes like on our Mon and Fri thing.....     :wowza: :wowza:  I will behave.  Great gals.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. 42* and breezy in Swampville. Leaves still refusing to come off trees, after three freezes and snow, and sump pump still pukin' away. Maybe it'll dry out and stop about freeze up time. If we get a wet Spring (of course we will) gonna be lots of problems, going into Winter with saturated ground.
Barry, ya gotta do the all-in-one run thing to get 'er done. Reb's Rocket Run. Make out yer list of what to do, with the farthest away store first on list, then the next farthest away, etc. Get up early, put yerself in rocket man mode,  (playing Deep Purples Highway Star helps) then head for the farthest away store on yer list, go like a rocket, and hit the rest coming back, ending up at home. Done. I usually haveta clear the aisle bovines offa the front of my shopping cart when I leave the stores. It's get outta my way I'm in a hurry ya stoopid idjit why is that line so long I gotta go mode.
That should help. Here, play this while ya eat yer Cheerios and do yer mindset......it's always been my favorite rev me up song.....🚀   :smiley:

https://youtu.be/UAKCR7kQMTQ
« Last Edit: October 10/16/18, 10:07:40 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: whats your hurry?? :scratch: :scratch: ya got all day! :happy1: besides one has to take time to enjoy the scenery and people watch. quite entertaining.

:scratch: :scratch: wonder if thats why i run into people in front of me wit da cart!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer not in the retirement mode, ya goofball! Lemme 'splain it to ya! It's all a state of mind!

The fast run has a number of highly important benefits:

1. Makes ya feel like ya really accomplished something, almost like you were back at work.
(you may not be familiar with that)

2. Gives you that much more time the rest of the day to goof off and aimlessly putter.
(you may be familiar with THAT)

3. Puts you in a mental frame of mind, feeling you've accomplished a"a lot!" today; making the goofing off feel just that much better. Much more enjoyable.

There; that's a minimalist explanation that should suffice for ya right now...... :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer not in the retirement mode, ya goofball! Lemme 'splain it to ya! It's all a state of mind!

The fast run has a number of highly important benefits:

1. Makes ya feel like ya really accomplished something, almost like you were back at work.
(you may not be familiar with that)

2. Gives you that much more time the rest of the day to goof off and aimlessly putter.
(you may be familiar with THAT)

3. Puts you in a mental frame of mind, feeling you've accomplished a"a lot!" today; making the goofing off feel just that much better. Much more enjoyable.

There; that's a minimalist explanation that should suffice for ya right now...... :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :tut: :tut: :tut: :doah: :doah: :doah:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  Morning, buddy!   :nerd:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: morning!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Do the feds still have that wool board thing where they stockpile wool so they will have enough in case war breaks out again?   Or did that get shut down?

Nope, that was shut down under the Clinton administration about 20 years ago. Never mind that that particular subsidy was funded by tariffs on imported wool and lamb. Clinton loved to brag about shutting the honey and wool subsidies down. Shutting them down opened the floodgates and allowed countries to dump their products on our markets, crippling our lamb and wool industry to the point that many liquidated their flocks. Once the Aussies and Kiwis started losing their assets producing lamb and wool, many opted to convert their acres to grapes and wine. The lamb and wool market has since recovered although it producing sheep is still extremely labor intensive so large increases in numbers have not followed. Unlike cattle, hog and poultry production, much of the domestic production remains in the hands of small producers.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Oh yeah, mornin' gang! Still in recovery mode from the snow. My rooftop is still white, even on the south facing slope where it's shaded by the trees. Looks like crop farming will commence again in earnest. Snow has melted off the corn and hopefully the ground is less like snot on the headlands today.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm gonna get one of these to get those stubborn leaves down so I can finish my Fall yardwork!!!

https://youtu.be/8eOlM-l1114