Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902786 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's 70 degrees and sunshine here.  Let me explain.  I used to work in a support location for a computer company. (Not PC's where they tell you to reboot).  Back in the 70's and 80's the computers filled a room and each companies were different.  At any rate, I often fielded calls from around the county and in winter, the call almost always started with "your in Minnesota it must be really cold there", to which I always responded "not really, it's 70 degrees and sunshine here".  That usually ended the weather talk.   :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Did you talk with an Indonesian accent?  ;)
« Last Edit: November 11/08/18, 08:28:51 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 22 at choretime heading for a hi near 30. Got my canna bulbs dug last nite so the hummingbirds should be happy. Of course they're probably in Costa Rica by now so they could really give a $hit. Ground is froze on top enough for guys to get traction for tillage. May try some last minute soil sampling yet myself.

Better get stocked up Mikey! They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day...  :coffee:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Some weather changes must be comin'....crab apple tree is loaded with robins, plus these guys in it and everywhere in the back yard, peckin' away. Must be fifty of 'em. Starlings in their winter plumage. Took me a bit to make sure, but this is definitely them.

http://www.birdfieldguide.co.uk/Starling.html

« Last Edit: November 11/08/18, 12:19:36 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
It's 70 degrees and sunshine here.  Let me explain.  I used to work in a support location for a computer company. (Not PC's where they tell you to reboot).  Back in the 70's and 80's the computers filled a room and each companies were different.  At any rate, I often fielded calls from around the county and in winter, the call almost always started with "your in Minnesota it must be really cold there", to which I always responded "not really, it's 70 degrees and sunshine here".  That usually ended the weather talk.   :rotflmao:

S/38 rules

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got some of that white stuff over night..  Glenn must be around yet!!  got some things done yesterday and still managed to get some extra things done too..  a good day for sure..  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 17* when I 1st looked. Flag's moving pretty good already too. We had some light flurries yday morning & early afternoon as well. It didn't amount to much but the 10:00 weather on WCCO said that Cohassett was reporting the most snow(1.5") in the state. It appears that we've got 10-20 yds of skim ice along our shoreline this mornin too. A little early for that, I think. :scratch: Seen a campfire over at 1 of the neighbors last night so we must've had some  :bambi: hunters already yday. Another 10-20 mph NW wind day, so stay warm if your going to be out in it. Have a good 1
« Last Edit: November 11/09/18, 08:27:13 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning, roads where slick this AM heading to work. bailing at noonish to head nort!!!!!!! :Deer: :Deer: :Deer:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Chilly start at 15 above. Heading for a blistering hi of 22. About an inch of snow at the ranch, melted out at .05" of water. About the same in Bugtussle. Lotsa crap to continue getting ready for winter this weekend. Not necessarily hard work, just a lot of it and none of it fun. And people wonder why I drink... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: November 11/09/18, 10:32:55 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a good weekend fellers...............GLENNS GONE  :fudd: :fudd: :Deer: :Deer:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Have a good weekend fellers...............GLENNS GONE  :fudd: :fudd: :Deer: :Deer:

Get er done Glenn :happy1:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!! 2 out side this morning and no wind right now..  it will be interesting how much of the lake will be covered over with ice...  another good day yesterday!! got a couple things done and seen some friends got all their deer!!  the last being a real nice 8 pointer!!!  had a couple beers and all was good!!  have a good day all!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we've got 13* & no wind here,either. The majority of the ice we had along our shore yday was gone by sundown but it looks like at least 2/3 of the bay has some skim on it today. I've got some clothes in the washer already & I've messin around with the snowmobile, seeing if it will start, the last few days. I'll give that another shot & see if'n I need to pull the battery so I can bring it inside, otherwise a pretty mellow day. Hope you enjoy your Saturday

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see our lake is skimmed over this morning..  it's only 110 acres but if the winds come back it will be open again...

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Think they say this bay is ~ 80 acres. :scratch:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 5 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-20's. As long as the wind stays down it should be tolerable. Was another .5" of snow yesterday melted out to an additional .02" of liquid equivalent precip. Looks November-ish but mostly just ish. Plenty of things to get done today so better hit 'er hard... :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  a big salute to all the veterans out there!!!  dang what a winter wonder land out there!!  must have gotten 2 or so inches of snow..  and the wind is still going strong this morning.  have a good day all!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Mornin, Yes Honoring Veterans today, and again, Please give a moment of silence at the 11th hour today. yes snowy, Didn't finnish with my mowers and have to dust them off and put them away, I have a chapter meeting today with a T-Day meal afterwards. So thankfull for everthing amzing gift from our God, Have a great day!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW!!  what an avatar!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, Happy Veterans Day! Thanks vets for your service. We've got 16*, ~ another 1/2" of snow, & quite a bit more open water out in the bay than yday. No Vikes today so I'll havta see what the other games are. Did manage to get the sled fired up yday but not before putting the battery pack on it. I need to put some more gas in it & run it again before we hit the road mid-week. Not sure that'll be today. :scratch: Have a good 1 everybody! Noticed that too ,mike. :cool:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yu no vikes todayz but glenn is gonna play the challenge anyway, while he rocks back and forth and grunts!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
yu no vikes todayz but glenn is gonna play the challenge anyway, while he rocks back and forth and grunts!

Sounds like he's doing something else.....  :rolleyes:

« Last Edit: November 11/11/18, 08:30:46 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Lookin good boar!!  :happy1: Mornin all, just got back from cub getting supplies and was lookin to get some pork butts to run thru tge grinder, but they don't carry the boneless hormel ones anymore,  changed to merrifield which are all bone in, looks like I'm going to Costco.  :angry2: Other than that gotta pull the cartridge otta the shower faucet and lubes it up, getting kinda sticky.. see ya!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
A  cloudy and 28* day here, perfect day to make and simmer a pot 'o beef soup.  :tongue: Have a good day, guys.

« Last Edit: November 11/11/18, 06:37:05 PM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY!!!  How the heck is the brotherhood???  Been a long time.  Back home where my heart is.  I had a great time at Deer Camp with my great friends.  Did not shoot a deer but saw lots of them.  It used to be so important to get a deer.  Now it is more important to get together.  BUT I did miss you guys too.  Just made scrambled eggs in the new pans.  Gonna go out and fire up the wood burner since we are in keep the garage warm all winter mode now.  The boat is in thawing out and will tarp it for the winter.  Ran the plow truck and cleaned up the area of about 4" of snow too.  Snowing now too.  Had a sheet of ice on most of the river this morning.  It was 6 when we got up.  It is opened up again now.  Gonna be single digits at night so it won't be long and we will be chipping holes in ice.  Well I going outside.  I will check what I have been missing later. 

\\\\\

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that's what he normally looks like  :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's what he normally looks like  :sleazy:

not the last time I saw him!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. I have been off the radar at deer camp for the last week. To get a cell single with verizon is almost nonexistent there. Had a good time at deer camp. We got some deer made some sausage and drank some beer. Other then getting the crud opening afternoon it was a good time. I have had the crap all week. Well, back to the grind. Have a good one boys!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  another good weekend in the books!!!  some small things to do today but nothing big..  Verizon here is the same way JB, that is why I had to drop them..  have a good day all!!!