Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902789 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It did sell fast once it was actually on the market.  Good job getting it ready Rebs. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Yup, sold in four days. Just had to wait for the inspection and other foolishness before we could say "sold". I'd NEVER,EVER go thru all that again! 
« Last Edit: December 12/05/18, 04:32:18 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Done deal...I just put up the sign. Finally!!!  :censored:
who's he ugly one in the picture????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd:

seriously happy fer ya!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's the big dude that thrashes liddle smurfs like rag dolls!  training-087  :mooning:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning sleepy heads! :sleazy: gone fishin!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Good luck Glenn! I couldn't believe it this morning. I could actually see stars, the clouds are mostly gone. It will be interesting to see if it is still that way after work. It has been awhile since the sun has been out. We got home early enough last night that I could see the lake. It looks like the open water was froze over. That was looking thru binoculars. On Saturday and Sunday you could see the waves. Also more houses out front now too. Well off to the races boys. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all..  a good day yesterday for sure.. Jim seems to be doing some better..  they have him in a transition bed, hoping to get him better and send him home sometime..  another friend picked Jim's dog last night and took her to his place.. they have a dog that Jim's taken care of when they are working..  I'll miss her but she will will be having fun for days!!  going into town later this morning and get a few things done.  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 23* to start, it sounds like the next couple days it'll only make the teens. At least there's no snow in the forecast. A couple little things on the list for today, nothin real important. Have a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guys.  1.2 here.  I heard on the radio the other day that Sept Oct Nov were the cloudiest of those 3 months since the 80's.  Glad Jim is improving too Mike.  Just going to keep busy here at home.  Will have to load up the stove earlier today.  This should make the river freeze up better now.  Had 7.5" at the most the other day when my brother and I went out and checked.  I would like it thicker before I put my 10' wheel house out.  I don't like to take the chances that we used to.  Have a great day and stay warm. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
*SNORK* How do dudes.....slept in 'til 9:00.....eleven hours!!!  :doah: Guess I needed it. 19* and still cloudy (6th one in a row). No plans today. None.  Yay!  May mosey over to Trader Joe's later and browse a bit, they have a bunch of stuff in their December leaflet I'd like to get, but but right now the budget will only allow a few things.  :undecided:       
They even have a Glenn Grump Christmas tree they sell...  :rotflmao:

https://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/4569

Time for some scrambled eggs and a ham slice....have a good one, y'all.
« Last Edit: December 12/06/18, 10:23:45 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 13 at choretime on the way to a hi in the upper teens apparently. They forecast a hi near 14 but it's already up to 19 so go figure. No wind so it ain't bad out there. Must be getting used to it. Hopefully get the last of the manure hauled this weekend out of the main barn anyway. Maybe get the lo speed spring on my $hitspreader fixed 1st so it doesn't throw such big hunks.  :happy1:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Droppin' here too, Dotch. 17* right now.  And snowing again.  :rolleyes:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just looked and it is 3 degrees here.  It was a fast walk to the mailbox this morning.  Sammy's feet were getting cold by the time we were back to the house.  Will burn a little extra wood today.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
-2 for tonite, Barry. Not quite a "3 dog nite",  but still chilly.

Sic

Band name origin

The official commentary included in the CD set Celebrate: The Three Dog Night Story, 1964–1975 states that vocalist Danny Hutton's girlfriend, actress June Fairchild (best known as the "Ajax Lady" from the Cheech and Chong movie Up In Smoke) suggested the name after reading a magazine article about indigenous Australians, in which it was explained that on cold nights they would customarily sleep in a hole in the ground while embracing a dingo, a native species of feral dog. On colder nights they would sleep with two dogs and, if the night were freezing, it was a "three dog night".

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man used to listen to a lot of their tunes. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh yea a great group!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got to see what's left of them in Albert Lea at the Freeborn Co. Fair a few years back. Sounded good yet but man did they look old. Of course, so did I!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nah, we look younger by the day.Only they are getting older. ;) :rotflmao: Morning boys. Finally Friday. Plan to do some muzzleloader hunting this weekend. It is the final weekend of Muzzleloader. Maybe I will evean start getting some gear ready for ice fishing. Maybe go out fishing next weekend. While I am sitting out in the deer stand wish for deer I will also be wishing for the Vikes to win on Monday night. Hey, if a guy is going to dream. I might as well dream big. Right?  ;) :rotflmao: :happy1: Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, good thought there JB!!  got some things done yesterday and a couple more today..  Jim was doing a little better yesterday and even got some walking in..  I mean he got out of his room!!! everything helps for his healing I think..  not much more going on so have a good day all!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear Jim is moving in the right direction Mike. :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 11* here. We hauled another 3-4 clothesbaskets full of junk to the dumpster that's out on the boulevard again yday. It's almost 1/2 full after just 3 days & we have it for 2 weeks so we might :scratch: not get much of that done today. Looks like there's another visit from UPS on for today otherwise not too much goin on. Good to hear that Jim is starting to better, mike. Hope you enjoy your Friday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
9* here. Morjits were whining gonna be -2. They were only off by 11 degrees.  :rolleyes:
You cleaning out the house Gunner? Those 4 words make me shudder and cringe after my summer/fall of it.
Speaking of houses, I was able to locate a new in box original doorknob for my house...I had replaced one years ago with a locking one, and when I remodeled, I wanted it back to original equipment/style, since I love this model of knob. House was built in summer of '67...anywho, after lots of research, I found out they were  Schlage locks, and the model. Did some hunting and actually found two new ones, from a builders stock, with the button lock, on E-bay. My favorite NL ordered it for me, since I don't do Ebay stuff. I was thrilled to find a 50 yo lock NIB! Go figger!  Boy, ya CAN find anything on Ebay! :happy1:  'Spose now I have to pay her back....... :sleazy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SCHLAGE-F40SV-CLAREMONT-616-VINTAGE-ANTIQUE-BRONZE-PRIVACY-LOCK-DOOR-HANDLE-/323571917105?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning boys.  Good for Jimbo.  :happy1: :happy1:  Rebs you better double up on your vitamins before you initiate that thank you with the NL.   :rotflmao:  It is 8 here too.  The wifes Christmas party is tonight.  It will be a fun group of people.  It is at the Moose Club here.  Supposed to get warmer for the weekend so may fire up the heater in the fish house and get things ready.  Hopefully my new auger will show up today.  Can't wait to try it.  Will be so strange to not have a motor running.  Well have a good day to all.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
What kinda auger did you get again?  :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I got that Jiffy Lightning 9".  Should be at Outdoors Again the sporting goods store here this afternoon. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
O ya....sorry. Forgot.  Way too much stuff goin' on here the last 4-5 days. Gotta clear the noggin' out soon.  :rolleyes:
Remember to break that in right! Let it idle for the first 4-5 minutes, slowly taking it up in revs, then back down, and let it cool/idle a minute in-between. Trust me, it'll make a difference in the long run. And use the recommended mix ratio!!!!

O ya...and a spray of silicone on the flighting and blades will keep that water from freezing on it....as long as ya hit WOT when after ya pull it up outta hole to sling water off....and don't leave it standing in hole!  OK, I'm done.  :azn:
« Last Edit: December 12/07/18, 08:12:27 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
No worries there Rebs. His new auger is electric.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :nerd:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 12/07/18, 09:31:52 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao:  Ya why waste all of that electricity. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I best just shut my piehole today. I'm not gettin' anything right. Gonna be one of those.   :pouty: