Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901081 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck hunting guys!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning guys. 17* and SUNNY after 9 straight days of cloudy. Good luck on the hunt guys, hope y'all get that big 'un before it ends. Be safe out there!  Enjoy it!  :fudd:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Late morning all.  Sounds like everyone is doing something even if it's nothing.  Day of the Sabbath, relax and enjoy it!!!    :happy1: :happy1:  That can be rationalized to meet most situations can't it?   :sleazy:  Well the 1998 Ski-Doo Grand Touring 583 started right up after a night in the shop warming up.  Then I took it for a long ride around here checking out the fish houses and around the pasture looking at tracks in the snow.  Battery is charging for the fish house.  I did have a few bites last night but the light I had was so dim I couldn't see very well.  I will be prepared tonight.  Football day, thinking I want to watch that kid with the Chiefs again.  He is damn good.  Also hope the Falcons embarrass the Pack.  Well will check in later.  Have a good one.   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning Boys. 19* to start the day here, going to be in the 20s. Supposed to make it to 30 by the end of the week here. Well the waining minutes of the 4th quarter in the deer woods last night and i blew it like the Vikings would. Deer showed up about 80 to 100 yards away on the logging trail and I missed. When the smoke cloud cleared there it was just standing there. Then a second one showed up. So I started reloading and they stood there right up until I went to grab the primer. Then they were gone. When I went down the trail to look there were some small sapling trees that I did not see and I think the bullet was deflected by one of them. The only conclusion I can come to since I am shooting with a scope and it is on at 100 yards. I also know I need to get some speed loader tubes for the muzzy. Need to speed up the reload process when the deer are going to stand there. Well, another fine Monday in paradise. Have a good one. Hope Jim is still improving Mike!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a fine day it sounds like for today..  Yes JB Jim seems to be better each day, that is good to see!!  not much going on today so day of just going with it, like Barry!!!  have a good day all!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 19* here too. Some :crazy: endings to some of the NFL games yday, especially the Chiefs/Ravens & the 4th quarter of the Eagles/Cowboys game were wild. Not to mention Miami beating NE on the last play with no time on the clock. Hope tonight's game is as fun too watch as those were. Probably work on the dumpster project some more today, otherwise not much planned. Have a good un, gang.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.  I would have posted earlier but it took awhile to read Boars post.  lol  Man am I sore today.  My legs hurt from the snowmobiling.  Guess I need to do more of it.  Well I had a great time in the fishhouse last night.  All kinds of bites that I couldn't hook.  Must have been little saugers.  I did keep a 17" eye and a sauger.  Let go a 25 but forgot what the code was for the contest so I guessed and wrote MNO on a paper but that wasn't it.  I was going to check before I went too but forgot.  I will make a nice sign for it today. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Was quite an ending altho I had to watch it on replay.  :happy1:

Mornin' gang! Was 19 during choretime and on its way to a hi in the mid-20's. Glad to hear your daughter's OK boar. Hope Jim keeps coming along mikey. Kinda stiff & sore today here too Barry. Finished off the barn cleaning for another year. Wasn't sure the spreader would take it but no sheared pins after 4 loads of frozen pack manure. Think climbing on and off the machines is what caught up with me. Sure better than pitching it by hand tho. :bonk:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Holee crap.  :shocked:

https://deadspin.com/the-miami-miracle-was-12-years-in-the-making-1830979732

That was hilarious.  Heard it on the radio and couldn't wait to see it when I got back in the house.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well just got back from seeing Jim at the hospital and if no set backs today or in the morning he gets to come home tomorrow at 11 am!!!  he's excited for sure..  the way he has progressed the last few days has really been good..  and oh man I don't know who's going to be the most happy him or his pup!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   I'm sure happy  for him..  now I will only have get him to Dr. appointments and groceries and stuff..  easy peasy!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonderful news Mike.  Anna will be happy to see Dad.  I bet he will just as happy to see her.  AND he is lucky to have you as a friend to help him too.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
9* here. Morjits were whining gonna be -2. They were only off by 11 degrees.  :rolleyes:
You cleaning out the house Gunner? Those 4 words make me shudder and cringe after my summer/fall of it.
Speaking of houses, I was able to locate a new in box original doorknob for my house...I had replaced one years ago with a locking one, and when I remodeled, I wanted it back to original equipment/style, since I love this model of knob. House was built in summer of '67...anywho, after lots of research, I found out they were  Schlage locks, and the model. Did some hunting and actually found two new ones, from a builders stock, with the button lock, on E-bay. My favorite NL ordered it for me, since I don't do Ebay stuff. I was thrilled to find a 50 yo lock NIB! Go figger!  Boy, ya CAN find anything on Ebay! :happy1:  'Spose now I have to pay her back....... :sleazy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SCHLAGE-F40SV-CLAREMONT-616-VINTAGE-ANTIQUE-BRONZE-PRIVACY-LOCK-DOOR-HANDLE-/323571917105?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10#viTabs_0
yep a doorknob for a doorknob!!!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: sorry.....mikey said to do it!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning, kids. Looks like everyone's still in bed....11* and dark in the armpit of SE Minnysoda. Headed for partly something, yap the morjits, until the sleet/snow/rain/whatever hits tomorrow. Warm-up on the way. Hope y'all have a good day. Not even going into mine. The $hi% just never ends.
Barry, when ya get that Jiffy powerhead cover, if ya cut two holes in it, or flip the ends up, ya can wear it for an all-seasons hat. 🤠
« Last Edit: December 12/11/18, 06:46:00 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we have 14* & headed for 30*, they're sayin. Just peeked at our 10 day & didn't see any precip in it until right about glenn's favorite holiday.  ;) ;D Road trip back to Mason City today as I need to pick up my new glasses & my brother has an exam. A few other stops too, so that'll take up a good share of the day. Not much else new here, hope ya have a good un.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 5* to start the day here heading for 20 something. Boy I truly think the play calling for the Vikes offense sucks. I went to bed at 9:30 when they couldn't punch it into the end zone. You haven't been able to run it up the middle all night long. Why try it twice when you really need the points? :angry2: :angry2: Let cook run to the edge or roll Cousins. Well, enough whining. Not much else new here. Have a good one.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yea a lack luster game for sure..  not much going on today other than getting Jim home from the hospital..  he's most likely already up and dressed!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I would be too!!  other than that a quiet day I think..  have a good day all!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My best buddy went in for major surgery yday.....he was already up and going nuts at 5:00 am today, talked to him... :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's good!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, they'll end up throwing him out!  :rotflmao: Time for me to head out to Harbor freight with my coopin and pick up a new multi-meter...then over to the store of empty shelves and large aisle bovines.®  🐄
« Last Edit: December 12/11/18, 08:06:55 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Having a cup of fake coffee.  It's great.  LOL  What a pukey game last night.  I the eternal optimist of the Vikings as my Dad says have lost my optimism for them.  I too went to bed before the game got over.  Well I see the big Seafood Sale is here at the store on Thursday.  I usually had to go after work and all of the good stuff was already gone.   :sleazy: Not this year.  I will be right up front.  :sleazy:  Gonna do some work and then go fishing later.  Oh ya I have to make my sign.  Rebs have a nice day.  The rest of you too.  Say hi to Jim.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So, standing inline for snapper, eh?  :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So, standing inline for snapper, eh?  :sleazy:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: theres that thing again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :pouty: :pouty: :tut:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what SHE said!!!  :shocked: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Hump day today. 25* to start the day here heading for 28. TWC is showing a high of 38* here Saturday. I think the ice making weather is going to be slowed down for awhile. Hope Jim is ready to come home today Mike. Not much else happening here. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 24* to start, might make 27*, they're sayin. Made it back from our road trip yday ~2:30-3:00 & then on to HH around 4. I thought Jim was supposed to be comin home yday :scratch:. Somethin come up, mike? Nothin more to report, enjoy your Wednesday, boys. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got Jim home yesterday!!!  he's tired but happy and comfortable at least.. now if he can get a few clown neighbors to leave him alone he might just heal!!  I'm impressed how he has progressed considering after seeing him 2 weeks ago!!  going into Alex today for a few things and meet some folks for a visit..  other than that not much going on besides helping Jim if he needs it..  have a good day all!! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman