Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902679 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 34 here at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. Snowed hard until ~8 p.m. last nite then changed over to rain. About an inch of slop on the ground all the way to the barn this a.m. Still likin' my decision to put the snow blower back on. Definitely warded off the wrath of the snow gods this time anyway.

My grandma used to make cookies using bacon grease. Sometimes the grease was rancid so the cookies were always a little suspect before taking a bite out of them.  :puke:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 34 here at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. Snowed hard until ~8 p.m. last nite then changed over to rain. About an inch of slop on the ground all the way to the barn this a.m. Still likin' my decision to put the snow blower back on. Definitely warded off the wrath of the snow gods this time anyway.

My grandma used to make cookies using bacon grease. Sometimes the grease was rancid so the cookies were always a little suspect before taking a bite out of them.  :puke:

oh my!!!! :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Did she souse them up first?   ;)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My bacon grease was getting old so I threw it out and started over.  I mean real old... :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mix some seeds in it...the birds love it!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is CAWchester right now....raining and freezing good....35*    :undecided:

https://youtu.be/aDBiwZVBDog

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Sure can tell we are on the weather line.....snow...rain....snow....rain....snow...
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I actually have standing water in the bare areas in my backyard...and it's still coming down good. Steady stream coming outta the downspouts.  :bs:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ran to the bank ~ 9:30 & it was done here by then. I haven't peeked at the radar to see if'n more's comin :scratch: Our garbage pick up is usually Tuesday but went yday instead. They must've got a early start as they'd been by here by the time I got home(noon) or I was going to put ours out.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
weather must be pretty bad up north.............a meeting the union had scheduled tonight in grand rapids was rescheduled till next week.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Not surprised as both webcams don't look very good. Cann't tell :scratch: how hard it's snowin this afternoon but I'm not able to see very far out on the lake on either. Looks to be 6 single axle wheelhouses sittin out front of Geiger's. The hourly for Squaw Lake & the store over by you is sayin it won't be done until ~ 2 am
« Last Edit: December 12/27/18, 01:27:35 PM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
All done snowing here.  The wind is suppose to pick up now and be 20-30 overnight.  Just gave the horses some oats and shoveled off the deck. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Snow is getting heavy here...
Kinda put a damper on my fishing idea.
Garbage man finally came. As I was walking out to get the cans, my wife was turning into the driveway....she gets rear-ended by some young chick not paying attention  :banghead:

Folks need to slow the  :censored: down!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Man :bonk:, HD, it sounds like you should find a nice warm dry quiet place & have yourself a couple  :tequila; adult beverages before something else bad happens.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Used the blower to push the slop off the driveway.   Put some seeds out for the birds after the deer were done checking the area...
Getting a couple things together for my first ice fishing trip in years.   Buddy retired and is asked me to go along tomorrow to Silver Creek...
Good thing he has some gear cuz I sold all mine back a while.   Still for some reason have an auger.   
Got some little jigs together....  Saved those.   

Hope they are biting...

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
That's what I'm thinking Gunner  :drinking:
Mama's car only got a few scratches, the other lady busted up her headlight and grill....
I just hope Jr can make it home before it gets to bad.....

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
what.........you didnt go out and pummel that young chick???????? :doofus: :thumbs: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Our drive is around 💯 yards long, the wife saw me walking down, all pissed off, she told her to leave before I got there......
« Last Edit: December 12/27/18, 04:15:10 PM by HD »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
.65" of rain in Bugtussle as of 4 pm.m today
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Still coming down here, heavier than when I shot this....
https://youtu.be/-ZHUKMa2SEw

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's how it's been here off and on all day!!  I'm guessing 7 to 8 inches of snow maybe but it's hard to tell..  just glad your was not hurt when her car was hit!!!  cars cars can be replaced..........    just be happy she's home to hug... that's all I'm saying cause ya all know what I mean... :happy1:

it might be more than 8 inches of snow I think!!
« Last Edit: December 12/27/18, 05:11:59 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Still raining here. Morjits said if it had been snow, we'd be over a foot right now....

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Folks need to slow the  :censored: down!

Amen to that. The level of (in)competence behind the wheel I see out here in my daily travels simply astounds me. Driving too fast or faster than conditions dictate is a huge part of it along with inattentive driving. Some time during each month it seems like I deal with kiddies on their way to school, passing in no passing zones while texting or snap chatting or whatever the hell it is they're doing. And you know as well as I do HD if you head down the road on/in a tractor it's taking yer life in yer own hands. Just glad to hear everyone was alright.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Our drive is around 💯 yards long, the wife saw me walking down, all pissed off, she told her to leave before I got there......
That's kinds funny! Sisters stick together.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Ain't that the truth Dotch..... flashing lights on the ass end of a tractor, slow moving vehicle sign....and they still clip your 8 row corn planter like it twert even there....

I plant my sister in-law's place every year on the other side of the highway.... it's like Dodge ball....

Yup, everyone is in the house safe...Thank God!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ain't that the truth Dotch..... flashing lights on the ass end of a tractor, slow moving vehicle sign....and they still clip your 8 row corn planter like it twert even there....

I plant my sister in-law's place every year on the other side of the highway.... it's like Dodge ball....

Yup, everyone is in the house safe...Thank God!
and you have a 12 pac of Busch light gone!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, going ice fishing in the morning at the incitement of a canoe and work buddy who is transitioning to retirement... First time in like 20 years.   

It will be interesting to see how it goes, especially with this weather....   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow...! I just had a visit from the NL.....#3! This one lives across the street...she brought me a huge box top (one that reams of paper come in) overflowing with home-made goodies! I heard she's a fantastic baker, and from the looks of it, and the taste of it, no kidding!!!!!! She said she made ALL  of it from scratch....Two blocks of cheese,(from the store)  a big roll of her brothers beef/pheasant snausage, (delicious!) a bag of huge frosted Christmas cookies, a loaf of poppy seed bread, a loaf of "grandma Joey's banana walnut bread, a bag of cranberry cream cheese bars, (ahhh gawd..*NOM*NOM*) a bag of salted nut marshmallow bars, a bag of double chocolate fantasy fudge, a bag of apple/walnut/cranberry granola, and two bags of home made assorted flatbread crackers.....cripes! And I'm diabetic.... :banghead:
O well, gonna share all of it with all my friends and my Mom except the snauasge,cheeses and crackers, a few of the bars....dems mine!   :evil:

This NL  stuff is gettin' outta hand.... :huh:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 12/27/18, 07:58:25 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: well MISTER, you best repackage that back up and send it all to cold spring. That stuff ain't no good for your health.  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Send the other NL too!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: