Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952803 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I can easily see Dotch workin' at one after some blue cocktails... :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao:

And I can just see the look on Mrs. Cheviot's face when I take the lid off the pan on that bottom one.  :puke: 

Hey, now there's a thought. Might actually repel her continual advances while I'm cooking!  :happy1:  :sleazy:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Throw in a burnt steak and she might like it.  :whistling: O, shameful!!! :tut: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This is starting to remind me of a movie I saw... :rotflmao:

One of my faves actually... :happy1:

« Last Edit: January 01/15/19, 03:20:47 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
OK I'm just not going to say anything on that one!!!  gives to meaning to rat fink!!! :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good one there, Dotcheroo!  :happy1: God, I hated that movie! Only thing I ever liked about anything Bette Davis was Kimmy's song...you watch Bette, I'll watch Kim...:sleazy:

« Last Edit: January 01/15/19, 02:45:45 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Then yer really gonna like this dish mikey... :rotflmao:

Kimmy was a classic there Reb!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/15/19, 02:50:22 PM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, a bird in hand is worth two in yer bush.... poor Blanche! :shocked: :evil:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
supposed it tasted like chicken too!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Spam musubi.   Hawaiian and delicious

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2008/04/tutorial-how-to-make-hawaiian-spam-musubi-sushi.html

spam. we haz it. (by roboppy)Of all the foods people associate with Hawaii, Spam musubi seems to be most popular, with echoes of lau lau, lomi lomi salmon, and kalua pig trailing just behind. I've heard the terms Spam sushi and Spam sandwiches, but, no, get it right: It's Spam musubi.

Back home in Hawaii, musubis are found at every convenience shop on the islands, 7-11 included (and, I must say, their musubis are pretty darn good!). Musubis are sold in school cafeterias and right alongside butter mochi at local bake sales. Picnic? Someone's mom is bound to make at least two dozen. Sleepover? Either dinner that night, or straight out of the fridge for breakfast.
You Will Need

1 can Spam
    3 cups uncooked sushi rice
    Soy sauce
    Sugar
    Nori sheets
    Furikake or li hing mui
    A musubi-maker

Tip: Before you begin, have all your ingredients at the ready so the Spam is at its hottest and crispest once it hits the rice.

The Spam musubi is a ridiculously simple creation, composed of four ingredients, yet its extremely high rating on the scale of tastiness cannot be denied. Spam, rice, nori, and furikake. Basic staples of every Hawaiian kitchen.

(continued at link)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Actually I always just wanted to take their wheels for a spin, a 1947 Lincoln Cabriolet.  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 01/15/19, 04:00:32 PM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd settle for Dunn at the helm again of the HP.... :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Hump day today (incase Rebs is confused again  :rotflmao:). -14* this morning heading for a high of -2 last i looked on TWC. I stoked the woodstove to the max this morning. Not much else happening. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Jb. I'm always confused.  :azn: Set my own personal reminder to play throughout the day. (below)   14*, clear for once, and headed for 24*, so say the _________.  Close on house this am with the title company and realtor, and get check handed over. It's been a really long haul. Now I can pay the care facility to stop them climbing all over me because they haven't been paid in a month, as if that never happens in those places when old folks run outta money and haveta wait for the switch to MA. Good lesson, make sure you have good insurance and LTC. Mom had none, thanks to her high-falutin husband, who was an INSURANCE salesman. He preferred to spend every dime she had. :angry:
After that a quick run to Glenn's favorite store for groceries, home for lunch, then back out to spend the afternoon with Mom. That'll wrap the day for me.. Have a good one, guys.

Today's reminder

« Last Edit: January 01/16/19, 07:30:42 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Mornin!

Bad night fur me couldn't sleep very long.  After all dem years of be-in a fishin guide and waikin up at 1:30 am and hookin up da boat ta leave home by 2:30 am ta get to da  Wisconsin boat ramp by 4:00 am. I can't break dat habit even though i'm not workin.

:popcorn: So, ta make a long story short..............

Signed: Grumpy!

« Last Edit: January 01/16/19, 06:53:54 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we've got -6 here. They've still got the WC advisory in effect 'til 9:00 but my last look at the hourly on TWC says2-3 mph winds max, so :confused:. We'll be running in to the big city today as on the trip up we were a bit early so we just got the basics. That should kill the 1st 1/2 the day, after that who knows. :scratch: take it easy & stay warm boys, it looks like we're in for a good stretch of this weather. hope ya have a good Wednesday  ;). . Oh yeah thanks again Boar, your care pkg was here yday early.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wish I'd get a care pkg!!!!  :angry:
 Are you up in Grand Rapids, Gunner? Trying to place where everyone lives.... :scratch:
« Last Edit: January 01/16/19, 07:01:12 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Our address is actually Deer River but we're really closer to glenn's FAVORITE native village of Inger ;) :rolleyes:  :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
 Are you up in Grand Rapids, Gunner? Trying to place where everyone lives.... :scratch:

Not ta worry Reb :happy1:  It'll be in da mail as soon as I can figure out how ta package it! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Not ta worry Reb :happy1:  It'll be in da mail as soon as I can figure out how ta package it! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:sorry: Reb! I just couldn't pass dat one up :sorry:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
good.deql.gunny, .let.us know.what what think! rubber, today is ur day buddy!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Rubber? Hmmmm...  So, I'll be getting a hot dog?  ;)

« Last Edit: January 01/16/19, 07:15:29 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, cold one one here too.. saying -3 now.. but it's January..  got a few small things done yesterday and do a few more today...  have a good day all!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

Rubber? Hmmmm...  So, I'll be getting a hot dog?  ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: road kill at that!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, if it makes it by Friday, it'll stay cool. Looks like below zero temps for us too, this weekend. Good time to pop a big pig roast I got thawing in da crackpot. An apple roast. No oven cooking this time, though. The crackpot instead.:tongue:

Reb's Apple pork roast

One boneless 3lb Pork Butt Roast
Two cups  Fresh Apple Cider
Rosemary
Seasoned salt
Black pepper to taste
4 oz Cinnamon Apple Sauce (These are the “Snak Pak” size cups)
One  large Yellow Onion, sliced thin   
One apple, cut into wedges       

Marinate the roast in the cider in a Zip-Loc bag, in the fridge, for 6-8 hours, turning frequently.
Place roast in a greased baking dish, with some of the marinade. Sprinkle liberally with seasonings and lightly with the Rosemary.  Place thin layer of onions on top. Put apple wedges on next. Pour apple sauce over top. Put in a 300* oven for 45 mns to one hour, uncovered.  Cover and cook  for30- 45 mns- longer or until meat thermometer registers 155-160*. Do not overcook. Let sit covered for 15 minutes before slicing.
Enjoy! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man it is cold here.  It just dipped down to -16.  I will have to go put more wood in the fire too.  Rebs just last night I paid attention to that commercial and it is pretty funny.  I even mentioned it to the wife and she thought it was a good one too.  And today you posted it what a coincidence.  I have to go to town today for some supplies and oats for the horses.  I like to give them a scoop especially on cold nights.  Other than that not much going on and that is a good thing.  I saw a lady pick up some Spam last week and got me thinking about it.  But I just had some a few months ago.  Not sure I am ready yet......

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 10 at choretime heading for a sunny hi in the low 20's.

What time's that roast gonna be done Reb? I could hop in the Stude & bring Ruby over to bark at the Hump Day camel ad! Glad they brought it back. Now if they'd just bring Studebaker back... :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't you realize they weren't as great as you remember?  :rolleyes:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 Oh I dunno, checking out some of the "produce" I hauled in mine seemed like an OK time... :happy1:

Wish I'd had the fold down front bench seat like I have now. Altho due to the tight quarters in the back seat of the Lark, I could only date skinny girls!  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh I dunno, checking out some of the "produce" I hauled in mine seemed like an OK time... :happy1:

Wish I'd had the fold down front bench seat like I have now. Altho due to the tight quarters in the back seat of the Lark, I could only date skinny girls!  :rotflmao:

been there done that!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: