Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900552 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, had -36 in the garage. The LWC, Bemidji, had -38(-62 WC) :cold: when I first looked. No mail in Ia today either, is what the news I heard said, can't blame them. Another day of inside projects here. Be safe, stay warm, & make the best of it is all we can do. Hopin ya have a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We are still working up here. A little cold doesn't shut us down. Right Boar?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
We are still working up here. A little cold doesn't shut us down. Right Boar?
:shocked: work from home today. :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
My garage usually stays around 40*. Tuck under with block walls and insulated sheet-rocked ceiling. Have a wireless temp monitor inside the house that I can check garage temp on....shows it's 24* out there right now. Never seen it below 30* before.... :doah: I pulled all my waxes and liquid polish stuff last nite and brought it inside just in case. Glad I did.
Wind finally stopped. Still have the heat set at 64* in here....and the furnace keeps it exactly at that. I'm comfy.  :azn:
« Last Edit: January 01/30/19, 08:19:18 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
So far, we have survived.  No frozen pipes.  Keep warm.  Lots of stories of vehicles not starting on social media.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
34 below here. As frigid as an old girlfriend. :rotflmao: car won't start so I am still home. Lady night I received a text from one of the stewards and an email from the plant manager they shut down the the plant starting with the 3rd shift last night, all day today. They'll start back up with 1rst shift Thursday morning.
  :happy1: Probably a good thing. :scratch: Not so sure I'd want to be traveling very far today anyway. :thumbs:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure hate to live in an older mobile home right now. Did that in the 70's....even with heat tapes, frozen pips...oil furnace gelled up...frost on the walls inside....never got warm in there. it was tough living. I'd never own one of those again. But, for a 21 yo just starting out, it was a home.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 01/30/19, 07:32:17 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure hate to live in an older mobile home right now. Did that in the 70's....even with heat tapes, frozen pips...oil furnace gelled up...frost on the walls inside....never got warm in there. it was tough living. I'd never own one of those again. But, for a 21 yo just starting out, it was a home.
I remember those days too.  We had to finally move.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Only a measly -26 here at choretime but at least the windchill was -54.  :scratch: -26 in Waseca & -29 in Albert's Leaf. Everything worked this a.m. and no lambs born so everybody gets a trophy. And Ruby left me plenty of frozen ammo for the snow blower so will have to work on calculating the target azimuth.  :happy1:

I hear ya Reb. Lived in a trailer for about 6 months in Cando ND, home of Vikings running back Dave Osborne. Trailer was a boar's nest. Sorry Boar!  :rotflmao: Moved in in March, froze my @ss off. Fuel oil gelled up, after we got it running we ran out a few days later & didn't want to fill the tank. So we heated it a lot with one of those Kerosun heaters. Amazing we lived to tell about it.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I suggest all these lazy whiny millennial's live in a 1973 Marshfield for at least one year in Minnysoda, with no outside help from anyone. Might make 'em stop whining and appreciate the fancy house they haveta have now with built in WiFi and auto iPhone controlled 'fridges, heat, AC, garage doors,and door locks.  :rolleyes:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup had a few houses freeze up over the years and it's not fun.  I still don't like to leave home in cold weather just to keep an eye on things.  It was -37.5 here.  With a little wind.  I even gave the horses oats this morning.  They came running when I called them.  Their eye lashes and noses were frosty.  Have the fire stoked in the garage.  Just going to stay warm and enjoy the day with the wife home due to the county closed down.  Gonna have to cook something without going to the store.  Man Mike would have been a great week to be in Laughlin.

LOL  Here is the future State Dog of MN.  Sammy (yellow)  Buddy (black)  Buddy is embarrassed Sammy doesn't care.  LOL 

« Last Edit: January 01/30/19, 08:56:49 AM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea I hope they really enjoy it too!!  they are good folks...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry click on that pic

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And ya got my slippers on!!!  Must be a retired guy prerequisite. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry click on that pic

good lookin pooches!!!  someone has my slippers on!!   LOL!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's the wife.  SO you both have girls slippers???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Actually mine are about the same. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is a better pic of Buddy feeling stupid cuz Carla made him wear socks.  LOL

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good thing you can't read dog thoughts..... :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Those are velcro straps I use on the Rod Holders.  They really work great to keep the socks on.  There are socks in snowbanks that fell off. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
That's the wife.  SO you both have girls slippers???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Actually mine are about the same.

minnetonka

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: January 01/30/19, 10:51:17 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Now the buses and public transportation can't run in the #1 city. I think they need to remove that "#1 city" logo bullsh**.   :thumbs:

Rochester Public Transit Suspending Service

January 29, 2019 08:23 PM

All Rochester Public Transit service has been suspended, effective immediately.

According to Nick Lemmer with RPT, buses are experiencing mechanical difficulty due to extreme conditions.

For updates, click here, where further information will be post

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's something to get ya all warmed up.... ;)

https://youtu.be/fVK-PlfvGR0

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Another cool sundog in the east this am...... :azn:

« Last Edit: January 01/30/19, 11:20:23 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have not even looked at them yet.........

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Long gone. Stayed until about a half hour after sunrise. Look towards west/SW about an hour before sunset today.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

minnetonka

Had a pair of those and loved them.  Had them resoled for spares and got me some Itasca's at the Lake George store.  Walked in and said I need a new pair of Minnetonka's.  They looked at me and said we sell Itasca's.  Man was I embarrassed.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Try either one of those at Walmart and you'll get a blank stare and a "what are they?"  :doah:
« Last Edit: January 01/30/19, 12:09:36 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Try either one of those at Walmart and you'll get a blank stare and a "what are they?"  :doah:
yea well wadda expect.  :crazy: they only sell foriegn junk.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!