Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903103 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home from the Dr and also met the guy and got my new Helix 7 G2N CHIRP GPS AS.  No kidding that is what is on the box.  Hope I can find the on and off button on it.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Lots of codes to define it all.  I will look for a youtube on it.  Hey you guys especially Del, remember I finally tried that sous vide thing in a pan using my meat thermometer and you said that is the "redneck sous vide".   :rotflmao:  It did work great!  I applied the same science to the shaving cream.  I put the can of Edge in the pan of hot water on the stove.  The "redneck shaving cream warmer".  It worked great.  Felt great too.   You might want to try it some time Glenn!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  The Dr. said take it easy for 4-6 more weeks.  ????  Guess I won't fire up the Ski Doo and go check out the fish house.  I think Hubert is coming up the driveway as we speak.  LOL  Manny time!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
No shaving cream for this guy. I use an electric razor. The other kind would result in the worse case of attempted suicide ever recorded!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got back ~2, roads weren't bad except Mn 46 goin south. Gas went up $.20 up here. Most of the roads looked to be treated & were clear comin home except the county road.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got back ~2, roads weren't bad except Mn 46 goin south. Gas went up $.20 up here. Most of the roads looked to be treated & were clear comin home except the county road.
HOW WAS INGER????????????????????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut:  :mooning: Didn't stop, seen 'em uncovering that wanted poster on the bridge from all the snow though. Just about rolled the window down & told em to look in Cold Spring & I could get them an address if they wanted. :sleazy: :moon: ;) :laugh:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
No shaving cream for this guy...... since 1973.  buzz it down to 3/4 inch or so periodically.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF! 3* above here this morning and an inch of light fluffy snow came down over night. Good thing it isn't windy. My Dad and Stepmom are coming up for the weekend today. So some fishing and snowmobiling should happen this weekend. Sounds like another shot of snow tonight into tomorrow. Just keeps piling up. oh well, hard to fight mother nature. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all.  -2 here going for the low 20's..  son and DIL are coming up tonight and that will be fun..  not much going on today so just plug along.. some light house cleaning is all.  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 14* with a light dusting here. Think our next round is 'sposed to start this afternoon. Only 2-3"this time :rolleyes: but some freezin drizzle in there too. :shocked: Must be a few that are going to be out there :fishing: with JB as we seen close to a dozen wheelhouses heading north yday. Didn't really keep close track but we must've seen 2-3 times that many sleds comin up for the weekend too. Maybe more as there was a bunch of big toy hauler type trailers on the road too. Another day where my list is short :happy1:, have a good un. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning MNO.  Just had a big breakfast of sausage links eggs and toast.  Was great.  Light snow coming down but no big deal.  Looks like the brunt of it will be at you know who's house.  Bummer.  Leg is feeling better but Dr. said won't be completely healed for 3-5 more weeks.  I can walk fine if I take smaller steps.  Sure would like to cut up some of the tamarac I have here so I will talk the wife into attending Barry's Outdoor Health Club tomorrow.  LOL  Just something to get out of the house but I don't want to pick them up off the ground.  The sun just came out here.   :happy1: :happy1:  Kind of looking forward to a hot shave this afternoon.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I kept a trimmed short beard for years and just shaved it a couple of years ago.  I'm going to see what torques Rebs off. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Was 13 at choretime heading for a hi in the mid 20's. $hit hits the fan again tomorrow into Sunday with freezing rain followed by 4" -8" snow tomorrow nite and winds gusting up to 50 mph on Sunday. Hi of 4 on Monday with potential for another encore performance snowstorm Monday nite into Tuesday. Need to finish cleaning the feed lot out but struggling to keep up with all the snow. Nearing 50% done lambing. Another set of twins born last nite. Have to move some ewes with lambs to the main barn tomorrow to free up some pen space in the lambing barn. No rest for the wicked...  :huh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well aren't you just a bucket full of good news! :doofus: :crazy: I'm supposed to go on a road trip to Sioux falls Tuesday. :pouty: :pouty:

Reckon you need to drive 2 counties over to replenish your gin supply by now!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/22/19, 11:09:12 AM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
May as well throw your Chevy tickets away.  Just got mine from Larry DE today.  I am pumped. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Are you the big weener lps??? Congrats!!  Makes the trip to town for the mrs work way more better.   :happy1: Afternoon peoples,  looks like we need to make more room fer some snow, man I hope the wildlife can find food in the fields and survive this nasty month.  Dotch is right, talking nasty winds and 6" of white fluff flying around.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
3 products issued by NWS for: Rochester MN

Winter storm watch
Winter Storm Warning
Blizzard Warning
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service La Crosse WI
234 PM CST Fri Feb 22 2019

...Icy Travel For Some Late Tonight Into Saturday
Morning...Winter Storm Likely Saturday Night Into Sunday...

.As for tonight through Saturday morning, a wintry mix of
precipitation is expected, with rain, freezing rain, and snow all
looking likely. Snow amounts will generally be in the 1 to
2 inch range, with ice accumulations of a light glazing to 1/4
inch.

For Saturday night through Sunday, plan on a combination of heavy
snow, a wintry mix, and strong winds as a winter storm impacts
the region.

Snowfall in the heaviest band of 7 to 11 inches is currently
expected, with locally higher amounts possible. Snowfall rates of 1 to 2
inches per hour Saturday evening could occur. A brief wintry mix
could occur as the storm moves in, which may result in light
icing.

Winds gusting as high as 45 to 50 mph combined with the heavy
snow will result in blowing and drifting snow, especially in open
and unsheltered areas. Frequent reductions in visibility under
1/4 mile could occur.

Travel impacts will be minor to significant for the entire area
this weekend. If blowing and drifting snow becomes widespread,
roads could become totally impassable in some rural areas.
* WHEN...For the Blizzard Warning, from 6 PM Saturday to 6 PM
CST Sunday. For the Winter Weather Advisory, from midnight
tonight to 9 AM CST Saturday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult. Areas of
blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. Gusty
winds could bring down small trees limbs.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!  :party1: :dancinred: :snow5:
« Last Edit: February 02/23/19, 07:39:49 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Who gives a rip about Rochester?? :mooning: :rotflmao: yea sounds like a doozy coming your way Reb. Hope for the best for you.

Gotta go, deres some fish that need to get marinafed in pickling juice.
« Last Edit: February 02/22/19, 07:01:56 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, who gives a rat's azz.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
less is better Reb, Just hopen for ya!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
At this point, I don't even care anymore. I'm not going to be able to physically handle this one anyway.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Finding it tougher to get "up" for these storms. Arrived home this afternoon, was another set of twins on the ground. They were in no danger so made a run to Hope to grab several bags of feed so we get thru the storm & after. Got home, penned the lambs and ewe up, checked her for milk (loads), got them some fresh bedding and a bucket of warm water for the ewe. They love it after they lamb and will drink over a gallon of it. It seems to relax them and they let their milk down more readily. Dairy guys do the same thing with cows that freshen. I got on the skidsteer and cleaned feedlot for a couple hours then it was time to do chores. Banked snow up all the way around the lambing barn so it shouldn't be quite drafty. Filled the main water tank & put more gas in the tractor. Will be moving ewes and lambs after chores in the a.m. They'll love that. More room for all of them and the lambs can run around & play in the fresh bedding. Having a few cocktails before I put the feedbag on. Some days I can't figure out why I'm so tired. I read this tho and I start to get an idea why... :bonk: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Yep reading that Dotch made me tired. 20* and snowing here this morning. It looks like 2-3" of snow so far. I think it is supposed to snow until this afternoon sometime. I believe we are supposed to get 2-4"  My DAd and Stepmom came up yesterday. Plans are to go for a snowmobile ride today. They have not done that in many years. Hopefully all goes well. Well time to go make some fake coffee. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, lucked out here so far.  only a trace of snow.. sure hope Reb didn't drilled..  wondering what to make for breakfast for potatoes, I'm thinking hask browns!!!  have a good day all!!!

just took the kids dog outside, we did get about an inch or so of the white stuff..
« Last Edit: February 02/23/19, 07:39:09 AM by mike89 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, must be ~ 2" on the ground & gettin a little more serious at the moment. I think :scratch: we're supposed to get a late morning break before the next wave. Still some freezin drizzle, some more :snow1:, & 40+ mph winds in the forecast for tonight & tomorrow. Had some snowmobiles out front early yday  :fishing: & I watched 'em struggle to get back(~200 yds) to the resort next door when they were leavin. Take it easy if your drivin today everybody. No big plans for the day, hope your Saturday is a good 1. :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 Ya, ya, ya. Bite me.   Good morning to you guys, though.

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM CST THIS
MORNING...
...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO
6 PM CST SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Freezing drizzle this morning. A glaze of ice possible.
  Blizzard conditions tonight into Sunday. Additional snow
  accumulations of 6 to 11 inches, higher in southeast Minnesota.
  Ice accumulations of a light glaze possible. Winds gusting as
  high as 50 mph.

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
« Last Edit: February 02/23/19, 08:09:38 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, lucked out here so far.  only a trace of snow.. sure hope Reb didn't drilled..  wondering what to make for breakfast for potatoes, I'm thinking hash browns!!!  have a good day all!!!

just took the kids dog outside, we did get about an inch or so of the white stuff..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
   He's quoting and repeating himself??  :scratch: 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Him and his woman must be having wine with breakfast.  Too bad he doesn't live closer to you.  Him and his woman could come and shovel you out.   :happy1: And he hopes you don't get drilled.  By who?  The NL?  I hope you do get drilled.   :happy1:  Ya Dotch is a busy guy.  So is Cookie, and Rebs.  They all make me tired.  I am hoping all of that goes south of you Rebs.  Snowing like crazy here.  No wind though.  Will plow again when it is done.  This may be the last blast Rebs.  Hope so for you. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, ya, ya. Bite me.   Good morning to you guys, though.

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM CST THIS
MORNING...
...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO
6 PM CST SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Freezing drizzle this morning. A glaze of ice possible.
  Blizzard conditions tonight into Sunday. Additional snow
  accumulations of 6 to 11 inches, higher in southeast Minnesota.
  Ice accumulations of a light glaze possible. Winds gusting as
  high as 50 mph.

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
Just seen the WCCO forecast & seen you were lookin straight down the barrel..................... again. :bs: :surrender: :bonk:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
   He's quoting and repeating himself??  :scratch: 
  :happy1: He must be havin trouble :scratch: concentratin. :sleazy: ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, me next week when the NL comes to visit......

[attachment deleted by admin]