Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902416 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 17 to start the day here, heading for a high of 38 they are saying. We may get some snow sliding off of the steel roofs today. I cleaned the snow off of the camper last night. After the last blast on Saturday it was getting pretty deep on top of it. My neighbor who's cabin is next door to us arrived home east of Thief River Falls Sunday to find their machine shed collapsed and on fire. 3 big tractors and his forklift were in the shed. He said he had been keeping the older buildings shoveled off, but wasn't worried about the newer shed. Hopefully insurance takes care of it for them. Sounds like more snow again tomorrow with maybe a little rain ahead of it. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 19* & might hit 40* as it was a bit warmer than predicted yday. :happy1: Not much planned for the day, might wash a load of clothes. Have to find something to do outside & soak up a little of this weather before it turns again. Have a good day all.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, good luck to your friend JB, they are saying in Todd county alone 20 plus roofs have collapsed...   not much going on today so just go with it and try to help the GF when she needs it..  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We cleaned out camper roof off last week too.  I made a trail around the snowmobile yesterday.  Even started going back and forth getting a trail going down the hill to the river.  Will just keep doing that till I get there.  17 here too.  Curious to see how this all pans out with the warm weather.  Hey maybe you guys can help.  I want a set of 4 kitchen chairs.  The typical vinyl ones with no arms.  Want rollers on the bottoms.  Used to get them for $40.  Now I can't even find any.  Must be out of style.  LOL  Found some office chair types that may work that are $80 each.  I have looked Wally, Target, Amazon.  If you see any let me know.  Thanks.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Look at some of the recreation shops that sell bars, pools tables, games, etc. They have them here.

Or caster chair company.   

https://www.amazon.com/Casual-Rolling-Caster-Dining-Chair/dp/B00X8IYRT6?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_13179450011
« Last Edit: March 03/12/19, 08:19:54 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is exactly what I am looking for but I want the cheap ones.  That chair is $269 ea.  Yikes...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......getting ready fer a road trip to hagar city wi!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is exactly what I am looking for but I want the cheap ones.  That chair is $269 ea.  Yikes...

Put a board across the top.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Did a little lookin too LPS, googled restuarant supply stores & most of their websites are hard to navigate. I did see 1 in Bemidji though, A & L @(218)444- 8800, that got good reviews. Might give them a shout, if they don't have what you want they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pound some casters in tree stumps. Lotsa those up there.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
go check out office max/depot!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will check that out Gunner.  We will be in Bemidji on Friday too.  Rebs I don't need handles on the box.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about your neighbor's roof JB. I got really spooked after hearing about some of the roof's going down around here so I got off work yesterday. My oldest son came out and together we got a lot more snow off my machine shed. He got a little over aggressive with my snow rake. The handle looks more like a snow snake now but I ain't complaining.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about your neighbor's roof JB. I got really spooked after hearing about some of the roof's going down around here so I got off work yesterday. My oldest son came out and together we got a lot more snow off my machine shed. He got a little over aggressive with my snow rake. The handle looks more like a snow snake now but I ain't complaining.
snow snake?????????? :scratch: :scratch: :doah: heard lotz of nasty stories about them!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: almost like bigfoot!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
snow snake?????????? :scratch: :scratch: :doah: heard lotz of nasty stories about them!!!!!!!!!!!

They are real!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  misty crappy kinda day. Think I'm the only one in the neighborhood that busted open the drain in the street.  Water was cruising by, not no mo. Dug some trenches in the snow fer all the drain spouts so tge monsoon can pool elsewhere.  Dang, I been hanging around reb on here waaay too long..lol. :mooning:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That was my favorite job when I was with Public Works.  Opening drains in the spring.  Had to use the jetter sometimes. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
So sorry Mike, just did some back reading to catch up on things. Give Linda and her family our best, your buds here at mno...

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I thank you!!  and the rest again!!!  it's better today..  Linda is doing better too!!!!  again thanks all!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. still 34* here this morning, supposed to start dropping. We will see. If we get colder, we are supposed to get the snow. The weather man showed us in the 6-12" range last night. It will be interesting to see what happens. Not supposed to start until later tonight. The snow started slip sliding off of the roofs yesterday evening. The house let loose over the bedroom about 10:15 last night. Scared the bajeebers out of both of us. Made it tough to get to sleep after that. The garage this morning was hanging down a good 2-1/2 feet. Can't believe that didn't fall off yet. Probably will before the morning is over. That will make a nice hump in front of the garage door. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 34* here too & foggy, they're sayin. It doesn't look that foggy out over the bay to me :scratch:, guess we'll find out. Probably headin to town today anyway as the forecast for tomorrow is worse. Just about turned around & came back inside to put shorts & a tee shirt on yday when I was goin down to get the mail as we had 44* ~ 2-2:30. :happy1: Dug out the spade so I could channel some of the water away from the downspouts too as they were really runnin. Even got a few spots where we plow that we can now see the ground. :cool: Hope it does cool off a bit, at least at night, so it slows the melting down some or it'll be a mess around here. That's all I've got for today, hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  that would a bit scary JB!!!  34 going for 37 today..  going to Alex this morning to get a few things..  local grocery store has porketta roast on sale..  I'll get one of them, they do a good job but just not the same as the one's I used to get from Hibbing...   have a good day!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Porketta? Small female?  Is she related to Pigita?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I need to go to town also.  Low on bread.  Used a lot having Ruebens last night.  They turned out great too.  It is 33 here right now.  Feels kind of misty out too.  Just going to enjoy the day. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Porketta? Small female?  Is she related to Pigita?

don't know about that, but it is a good seasoned pork roast!!!   :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
These gravel roads are getting to be a real challenge. I have never seen them so uniformly bad. Didn't know if I was going to keep Little Red on the road after our township mtg last night.
Also my farmyard is sure a sheet of ice after the rain hit the packed snow. I spread a bunch of chicken grit this morning so I don't fall......again.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 36 at choretime on its way to a hi of 44. .63" of rain at the ranch & .56" in Bugtussle proper. Likely more rain on tap for today & tomorrow, then cooling down Thursday nite with a little snow to finish. Yup roony, the yard has its spots here and the gravel roads are just plain scary to drive on. Wife fell on her behind in the parking lot in Albert's Leaf yesterday. Our yard looks like a dog terd slurpee. Glad I removed some of the heaviest snow on the flatter roof from a circa 1964 remodel before this rain. Those were homemade rafters and pretty sure they wouldn't have made code today. I see part of the cattle barn roof at the State Fair collapsed. Wife was hoping it was the sheep barn roof there. A WPA building with a really poor roof design for a northern climate. Leaks like a sieve with north facing windows that don't open so the ventilation is terrible. But, but, but, it's a WPA building!  :bonk:   

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/minnesota-state-fairgrounds-cattle-barn-roof-corner-collapses/89-7551dd4a-c19e-43db-9614-8a522ead435a  
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Slickery down here, too. Ya'd think a #1 city would have always-perfect roads. Probably be a lawsuit or a march later in the week over this...

https://kttc.com/news/2019/03/13/bus-stuck-in-a-ditch-on-65th-st-ne-another-bus-perpendicular-on-a-road-in-sw-rochester/