Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902017 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 26 at choretime heading for a hi around 33. .34" of rainfall yesterday at the ranch with just a trace of snow overnite. Still melting the Bugtussle precip collection. One more ewe lambed sometime this a.m. so we're down to a couple left. Roughed up the dooryard driveway last nite before it froze up with the tractor & chains. Made a helluva difference. Got a driveway with a hill and a curve in it so at least there's a fighting chance of staying on it. Gravel roads are a disaster here as well. Rutted, slushy, muddy, mushy, just a mess. Road postings are on and I think here anyway gravel roads are posted for 5T which may be part of the issue with the buses. That and they're about helpless once they get into the mud or on icy slopes. Water running over the roads in a few places. Snow is like concrete making it easier to fill the bird feeders in the yard again.  :happy1:   
« Last Edit: March 03/15/19, 10:12:17 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Cardinals are singing away here....sure sounds nice! 🐦

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yea well I ain't seen any Robin's yet, and you know what they say. Once they arrive, they get  :snow2: :snow2: :snow3: :snow5: on at least twice!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gloom and doom Glenn!!  :angry:   I'll  training-087 you at least twice!!!!  :moon:

"Robin, Robin, with yer breast of red; when ya get here, take a poop on Glenn's fat head!"  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/15/19, 11:10:39 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gloom and doom Glenn!!  :angry:   I'll  training-087 you at least twice!!!!  :moon:

"Robin, Robin, with yer breast of red; when ya get here, take a poop on Glenn's fat head!"  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
yea well I ain't seen any Robin's yet, and you know what they say. Once they arrive, they get  :snow2: :snow2: :snow3: :snow5: on at least twice!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Some robins here in Bugtussle on Tuesday and at the ranch yesterday along with some red-winged blackbirds. They've had one snow so far.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
For god's sake, don't go egging him on anymore!!! He just wants everyone else but him to get snow! Too bad the rivers around here don't flow north.... :evil:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
For god's sake, don't go egging him on anymore!!! He just wants everyone else but him to get snow! Too bad the rivers around here don't flow north.... :evil:

True and he's usually up a tree someplace... :rolleyes:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doofus: :doofus: well looky here........LAUREL and HARDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good one Dotch!!!  well the funeral went well, as can be anyway...  it was a good send off for the man...  but to get there the to chisel the garage door out of the ice!!!  oh well!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Late check in for the day.  Just got back from Bemidji where the wife had a tooth pulled.  A back one so no big deal.  Didn't affect her smile.   :rotflmao:   Slippery on the way down but nice on the way back.  Actual low visibility from blowing snow at times and sunny at times.  Well my neighbor came over with his Bobcat with a snow blower he was borrowing from a friend of ours.  We started at 2:30 and by 5:30 we had my fishhouse on shore.  4' of snow in one spot where it drifted in the trees on the shoreline.  He dropped it off and went to a Dr appt so I got started till he got back.  Went smooth as heck.  I would go and check the ice with my Husky and an 18" bar.  I never did go through so plenty of ice.  SO Hubert just arrived, good to relax.  I am going to go plow the driveway and push the snow back as far as I can to keep the driveway less wet.  I have chipped granite so that helps a lot.  OK Mike so nice you went to the funeral.  I bet Linda was happy and proud to have you there. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
did ya get the sled?????????

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doofus: :doofus: dang was putzing outside...……...derz a lot of water underneath that snow...….wholly mackeral!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 7* here this morning. I am getting ready to head out to the fish house and see how hard it will be to move. Plan to fish today and tomorrow then bring it into shore tomorrow afternoon. Was going to move it last night but we got home to late. Glad to hear you got your house on shore Barry. Now you just need to get the sled out of the snow. Glad to hear the funeral went good Mike. As good as a funeral can be anyway. Well time to .are some coffee. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got the decoy show to host today..  that will be fun, but a long day too..  not much else going on today so have a good day all!!

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all, 72 and sunny on Thursday and snow this morning at 33*  :pouty:. I have the morning off and slept in until 4:12  :bs: but I have to work the afternoon shift at the shop today.  Not much going on but to relax before I head in. Y’all have a good day.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
At deer camp enjoying cup number two on the coffee. Did 90 miles yesterday on snowmobiles not sure what’s on the dance are for today. Trails weren’t too bad here in Hubbard Co. Forgot about the decoy show. There’s next year I guess.
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. I'm going up to bother Mikey, then putz around home later.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 14* here. Sounds like you've got some great neighbors & friends LPS! :cool: Bet it's a relief having that done. :happy1: We've had some visitors over at the resort for the last week, looks like they've got a tracked side by side on a trailer over there, some sleds too. Not sure what they're doing or going as we haven't seen 'em go out here but once. Well my Hawkeyes lost :sad: but the Gophers & Cyclones are still alive  :smiley: in their tourneys today so I'll be checkin that out. Nothin else planned, have a good un. :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. I'm going up to bother Mikey, then putz around home later.
:happy1: Don't stay too long & wear out your welcome! ;) :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 03/16/19, 08:05:15 AM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well off to the show!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Darn if I was closer I would hit the show for sure.  Nope sled is still in the snow.  It is only 100' from the house.  Right in my sight as I sit in my easy chair.  Just haunting me.   LOL  No it is no big deal sitting right where it's at.  Hey Coffee I slept in till 8.   :rotflmao:  My brothers texted me that the Gophers were doing good yesterday so we watched the last 8 minutes.  It got close at times.  Now we are big Gophs BB fans. Think they are on at 2:30 today.   

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sun is shining! My roofs are all free of snow and ice. The gravel roads are getting better and the water has receded where it was over the road. I will be able to drive to work today with no detours!
Life is good!
No robin sightings yet though.
You all have a great day.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You haven't seen a Robin yet? I have..... :smiley:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't realize how much I like Robins...    :sleazy:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
In his cookbook George Herter said there is no better eating than the first spring Robin.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman