Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905576 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is times like this that we bond together, but, we don't all have to shovel.  Yet!  :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
You will!!! My trained skwirrel, Blaster, will help ya out............... :evil:

https://youtu.be/dVHbgxVaATU
« Last Edit: April 04/10/19, 05:08:58 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Not long after I bolted for home the snow let up. Looks like we got a hair over 4". The roads were this gawd awful combo of ice, slush, and packed on snow depending on where the plows had or hadn't been. Now it's freezing rain & sleet so hoping the power stays on. It flickered a couple times during chores. Tomorrow sounds like more freezing drizzle only with 30 -35 mph wind & gusts up to 55 mph. That could be interesting if stuff gets iced up too much
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Most times I think a person can predict the weather nearly as well as Reb's Morjits by looking at the sky and observing wind direction. Red sky in the morning sailor take warning. And so on.......Comet in the sky, there will be ice in Reb's eye!
« Last Edit: April 04/10/19, 07:13:17 PM by roony »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I told ya it was that danged comet!!! It's been verified by the American Meteorite Society as a true Fireball, and witnessed by 4 other folk in Missouri, Ohio, Iowa, and one other in Minnesota.
It's been classified as event 1644-2019...

https://fireball.amsmeteors.org/members/imo_view/report/166528
https://fireball.amsmeteors.org/members/imo_view/event/2019/1644

You may now call me Fireball.     Rudolph's buddy.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04/10/19, 07:30:03 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
how bout we just call ya  dipstick!!!!!!!!! :moon: :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

well made it home. whats usually a 2 1/2 hour drive was 4 hours 45 minutes. the roads where actually good. not sure what the freakin issue was through the big city but from where 94 to Wisconsin to rogers was 10 15 miles an hour. after the traffic thinned it was 70 mph, just wet roads. it was way worse down south then it is still here.

big electronic sign on 94 by st cloud said BLIZZARD WARNING starting at 7 pm. herard the shut down I 29  in north Dakota.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
still no snow here yet.............   it will be interesting for sure........ 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ayup...the morjits sayin' "NO MEASURABLE ACCUMULATION" is just like saying "I promise I'll stop"...... :rolleyes: :evil:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my patio table has about an inch on it right now!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my patio table has about an inch on it right now!!!!!!

keep it there!!!    but I know we will get the snow tooooooooooooooo.....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly 4" on mine.   :angry2:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
O ya?! Well.......well.....*PBBBBBBT*

That you at the NL?   Lick your eyebrows.   that gets them every time. :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Lot of schools closed tomorrow, including oure AND Osakis! Actually every school in the area is already listed closed. Mother load must still be coming. I'll decide in the morning if I work  :smoking: :sleazy: at home

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Wind's picked up some & the rain started again 'bout when they said it would. :rolleyes: Hope they're right on the temps or we might need skates & kerosene lanterns by morning :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gettin' windy here too. Whacked the powerline to house with a pole (wooden) and knocked all the wet snow on it off...just in case. Can't believe yday I raked and overseeded the front boulevard while wearing a T-shirt.  :doah:
Lotsa crashes out there and sirens right now roaring by...I-90 was closed...

https://www.kaaltv.com/news/multiple-semi-crashes-snarl-traffic-temporarily-close-interstate-90-near-rochester/5312391/?cat=10151
« Last Edit: April 04/10/19, 08:54:04 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
ive heard of man many many accidents, ditch runners, jackknifings, and injuries down ther.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
511 says 94 is closed between clearwater and Monticello??????? not sure what I should do???? a jacked semi til 7. snowing and windy as hell???????

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 22* here this morning and the fans are working. No snow here yet. The bonus bean soup must be helping. Glad I am north of Barry. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: According to the morjits we shouldn't start getting snow here until 9:00-10:00 tonight. We are in the 3-6" band of snow. I am expecting to see some white here tomorrow morning. Guessing we will be able to just let it melt away. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
511 says 94 is closed between clearwater and Monticello??????? not sure what I should do???? a jacked semi til 7. snowing and windy as hell???????

Work from home.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Work from home.
that is NOW the plan!!!!!!!!!!!!our dispatcher said he's staying home also, and he lives about 35 miles further north and west of me. I do have a meeting in st cloud I plan on going to!!!!!

look out momma!!!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: er i mean better get to work!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
accuweather says the cabin area is in a winter storm warning with snow expected to be from 6-10 inches.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, dang crazy weather for sure... not much snow yet but they are saying up to 13 inches of snow here yet..  yea everything is closed around here... the roads are nasty looking too..  it will be interesting...  just going to hang around the house today...  stay safe all and have a good day!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 34*with a steady 30 mph winds. Just had a round of a lot of thunder, lightning, & heavy rain. It got so bad I couldn't see across the street clearly & it even knocked the cable out for a few minutes. We had a couple rounds of sleet or hail last night as well, 1 just as I was going to bed & the other in the middle of the night. Looks like we get a little break now until the next round early this afternoon. 'Sposed to be done here by around 8-9:00 tonight except for the wind. I got some clothes that need washing & a little banking to do, so that'll take a bit of the day. Other than that I'll probably watch some golf & see how nice it is in Georgia. Be safe if'n you have to travel & hope your Thursday's a good 1

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 34*with a steady 30 mph winds. Just had a round of a lot of thunder, lightning, & heavy rain. It got so bad I couldn't see across the street clearly & it even knocked the cable out for a few minutes. We had a couple rounds of sleet or hail last night as well, 1 just as I was going to bed & the other in the middle of the night. Looks like we get a little break now until the next round early this afternoon. 'Sposed to be done here by around 8-9:00 tonight except for the wind. I got some clothes that need washing & a little banking to do, so that'll take a bit of the day. Other than that I'll probably watch some golf & see how nice it is in Georgia. Be safe if'n you have to travel & hope your Thursday's a good 1
you sure the lack of seeing clearly wasn't a side affect of HH???????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Thunder!  Lightning!  Ice Pellets!   Are we having fun!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup JB I had 2 bowls of soup last night just to help our plight.  I see the Forks broke as there are lots of big chunks of ice flowing down the river.  Fun to see.  Still have the big banks that I plowed up so still waiting to get the Grizzly out and pull my 4' drag to break up all of the dog doo.  I use the WD with a bigger drag in the pasture to break up the winters horse fertilizer.  Looks great when I get er done so is fun to do.  Yesterday the UPS guy dropped off my new Weston burger patty maker and some papers. (for the burgers)  I am going to get me a 5 lb chub and make lots of burgers.  Will flash freeze them and then put two per pkg in vac bags.  How fun is that???  Till then I will just sip some more Starbucks decaf that the wife got me.   :azn:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
you sure the lack of seeing clearly wasn't a side affect of HH???????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: Wasn't out THAT late!! :rolleyes: :laugh: Besides no MGL for this guy. :smiley:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Morning gang! 31 at choretime heading for a hi of 32. Lessee, power has been off more than on the past 8 hours. We've had snow, rain, sleet, graupel and hail in the past 24 hrs. I expect the frogs and locusts to show up anytime. Winds 30 - 40 mph, some gusts up to 50. Some big limbs down in the backyard, some others broken & hung up. Critters OK & we're OK. For now that's all that counts. Stay safe everybody! Ain't worth risking your life or those of emergency personnel.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the winds are sure cranking this morning and it's snowing now!!  still saying 7 to 14 inches of the white stuff!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
was just out, shoveled snow off  sidewalk and deck. wet and heavy. more banks then accumulateing snow. windy as all hello. your 2 up nort turn them dang fans off. :confused: :confused: :rotflmao:

no power outages here yet. but its like getting hit with pellets, not really snow but sleet.