Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900685 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 53* headed for 70*. Back in god's country today :happy1:, got out here ~11:30 yday. It took a bit longer in GR yday as my brother had L & M put a new battery in his car. Not bad though, 30 minutes or so, as we got there not long after they opened so the shop wasn't real busy yet. Came up 169 again this time & was a little surprised when we got close to HD's neighborhood to see the ground start turning white from the frost. By the time we got to the north end of ML the radio was reporting 28* in Brainerd. :shocked: It looked to me like the ice could be out on ML by the end of the week. Our bay is very gray/dark too so hopin it won't be long here either. :scratch: There was no sign of any of the DNR's equipment over on Cutfoot though. The water here is up 2' + from when we pulled our dock & lift last fall. As high as I've ever seen it except maybe 1 time. We got the wheeler & blower switched over to summer mode yday after unloading. Not sure what today's project is goin to be yet. :scratch: Hopin your Hump Day's a good 1! :happy1: 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I know Dotch has some land, but that constant baa baaa baa would drive me nuts, and it would be even worse when the sheep started in.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
maybe Del could rent ya a room up on Vermillion!!!!!!!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning boys, my work here is done!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :smoking:

momma and i are going out for supper tonight for our anniversary............she decided LaCasita. then i need to hit fleet farm for a new boat battery. tomorrow nite da General's coming over to till da garden!!!!

oh yea fergotz, put fertilizer down on the lawn last nite!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 04/24/19, 08:11:56 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Happy Anniversary!  :smiley:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1: thanks bud!!!!! 29 years this past saturday!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Anniversary chum!! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Anniversary chump!! :happy1:
:happy1: There that's more like it! ;) :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
awe jeez.............. :azn: :azn: thanks guys............i can believe i put up with her all these years!!!!!!! :pouty: :thumbs: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  And Congrats on that Glenn.  Good man.  Must be a good woman too.  We had a 20 minute shot of nice rain here a little while ago.  That will help green things up.  I did get the lawn dragged again yesterday.  Got the fish house and stuff parked where it should be now that it isn't muddy.  Have the battery charger on the boat then have to switch to the snowmobile for awhile to get that started and on the trailer.  Ya Rebs it is sure nice to not have to look at anyone else when out in the yard.  I get great pleasure peeing off the deck whenever I want to.  LOL   Nice and sunny here now but like you guys said it's gonna get cooler for about a week it looks like here too.  Darn. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 46 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 70's.

Congrats glenn! Actually congrats to the Smurfette for putting up with you all these years!  :rotflmao:

Country living has its perks no doubt but it also has its moments. I wouldn't want to live in a town the size of Waseca but something the size of Bugtussle if it got to the point where I couldn't handle all the stuff anymore would probably work. Could walk to the store to get my gin that way!  :happy1:

Picked up a couple of these little bastards yesterday after walking around the pasture by Spring Valley. One of my favorite methods of dispatching them.  :evil:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning.  A little humor this morning.  I saw this a had to share.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats Glenn and your Mrs.!!!!!!!!!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats Glenn and your Mrs.!!!!!!!!!!!!
:happy1: :happy1: thanks !!!!!!!!!!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to the newlyweds.  I hope you enjoyed another honeymoon!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: thanks Tom. It's always a honeymoon. :crazy: :crazy: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
You take your bride to Vegas with you... right?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You take your bride to Vegas with you... right?
if she wants to!!!!!!!!!!! i've asked her 3 times if she's going. she hasnt made up her mind yet!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :thumbs: :pouty: :pouty: i dont get it, years back she wouldnt hesitate, she loved going there............must be old age. me i go cause its work related, other then people watching, i 'm not a fan of the place.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to you and the wife on the anniversary Glenn!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to you and the wife on the anniversary Glenn!!
thanks all!!!!!!!!!! much appreciated!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 35* here this AM heading for a high of 54*. Then it will be highs in the 40s for the next week. Figure we will be firing up the wood burner this weekend. I split and loaded some wood into the wood shed last night. Trying to plan ahead. The shore line ice is starting to break up some yesterday. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yup sure is going to cool off!! good ol Minnesota!!!  got a nice ride in yesterday, a little over 80 miles I think..  made some coconut breaded shrimp last night, that sure was good..  got a few things to do today and then we will see where it goes from there!!!  have a good day all!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Rain. All day. Then temps plummeting into 20's weekend. 2-4" snow followed by 20's -30's temps. No joking. There goes all the new grass seedlings that just came up in that one area. I've had it.
« Last Edit: April 04/25/19, 08:16:01 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 39* & headed for 65*, I hear.  :scratch: Got most of the sticks, leaves, & pine needles raked up yday with probably more on tap for today. Our ice broke up quite a bit yday & the wind pushed it our way on shore & against our lift. :thumbs: I hope they're wrong about the wind today, not much we can do about it now. I see they have a 50% chance of some rain snow in our forecast for Monday now. Nothin else new here, have a good day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Rain. All day. Then temps plummeting into 20's weekend. 2-4" snow followed by 20's -30's temps. No joking. There goes all the new grass seedlings that just came up in that one area. I've had it.
yep.....i'd get out earlier to start it!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

besides you never believe your wedder buddies anyway so............

morning bud!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

accuweather says 2-4 inches possible.
channel 4 last night said flurries possible
NOAA says maybe a 1/4 to 1/2 inch maybe.

meh............whatever!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 04/25/19, 09:25:45 AM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya the warm days were to good to be true.  The Vet comes today to float Jiggsy's teeth.  Bucko just shots and Buddy and Sammy too.  They just send me the shots normally except for special visits like the teeth thing. Good guy.  Dr Matson from Greenbush.  So yesterday I took all 3 of my wood duck houses and fixed them up and put new bedding in them and rehung them down by the dock.  Hope we get some or goldeneyes would be great too.  Will have to get the horses in the round pen soon. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
never heard of that before LPS..  after I looked it up and read about it I can understand it...  float a horse's teeth.............  interesting.....

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I've had times when my eye teeth are floating but never heard of floating a horse's tooth... :confused:

Mornin' gang! 52 at choretime heading for a high near 66. Hmmm...54 and cloudy now. We shall see. Rainfall this a.m. here amounting to .36" in Bugtussle with .28" falling at the ranch prior to my departure this a.m. Stopped corn planting in its tracks and may be a blessing in disguise with 1" - 3" of snow in saturday's forecast. Cold water imbibed by a corn seedling can have drastic effects on the germination and it doesn't get much colder than melting snow. The stuff planted so far should be OK but planting right before Saturday's precipitation event might not be a good idea. Tonite I get to take the Stude on a short run to George's in Geneva. I've warned Mrs. Cheviot not to fold the front seat down while I'm driving. Wait until we get home!  :sleazy:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
When I was young and single I had a Rambler with fold down seats. Came in handy at those field keggers.

Tonite I get to take the Stude on a short run to George's in Geneva. I've warned Mrs. Cheviot not to fold the front seat down while I'm driving. Wait until we get home!  :sleazy:
[/quote]

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet that Rambler was just a chicks dream car, huh?  Ranked right up there with my first, a gold '65 Belair 4 dr.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/25/19, 03:21:31 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Those old cars were so much better than what we drive today... :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Naa, it's just yer inflated memory. They were sleds.  ;)  :whistling: