Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903038 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Get a trail cam set up JB

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A belated good morning gang! 53 at choretime heading for a hi in the upper 60's. Was a sprinkle earlier this a.m. but that was about it. Fieldwork is progressing although it is still plenty wet. Some are questioning why it's staying so wet. I suppose if you've stayed inside the past 8 months like some of these guys do, you don't get a feeling for that. Even yesterday it was in the mid-60's except it was cloudy and breezy part of the time. In the pickup it got too warm. Hop out and it felt cold.  :confused:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 30* to start the day here, heading for the 60 something I do believe. No bear in the bird feeder this morning. Rather surprised it wasn't. Apparently he didn't like being called Yogi. Getting new front tires put on the car after work today. Yippy. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 45 here going for the low 70's...  new shoes for the car is a good thing JB!!!  got a nice ride in yesterday and even got a few things done around here too!!  got to pay my property taxes today or I'll be late!!!  get a couple other things when I'm in town too.  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers, from Bismarck. Sun is shining but windy, what else is new.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Hey I better make sure our property taxes have been paid.  The wife is right on top of those things but I will check.  Say JB.  Are you sure it was a bear?  Just saying.  There is a story of Sasquatch on one of the islands years ago.  Kind of a scary story I heard.   :confused:  Got the WD in the garage so today I can take the inspection cover off and hopefully just change some shims to get the hand clutch to work better.  My fingers are crossed that it is not a big deal.  Also I have to mow again today.  The grass is really growing and they are talking rain tonight.  Sure a nice looking day!  Hope Rebs is enjoying it. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes sir Barry. We had a positive ID on the bear.  :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 55 at choretime heading for a hi in the mid-70's. Passing shower caught the ranch about 3:30 a.m. and dropped .16". In Bugtussle, nada. Thanks for the reminder on the property taxes. Almost forgot.  :huh: Rainfall expected for the weekend... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
when I get there I was not alone....  seems like there are many of us that wait til the last minute!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I checked in with Mrs. Cheviot and she had it under control already. One more thing to cross off my worry list... :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I checked in with Mrs. Cheviot and she had it under control already. One more thing to cross off my worry list... :rotflmao:

:happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure is nice out, the pick em up said 75 on the way home from workville,  pooches have played fetch now I think it's time to sit patio side and drift off to the birds a singing....   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice here too!!!  did some errands so I took the bike and it was great!!!!!   time for HH almost!!!!  come on Dotch!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
nice here too!!!  did some errands so I took the bike and it was great!!!!!   time for HH almost!!!!  come on Dotch!!!!!!!!!

Made 77 at the Waseca airport where nobody lives. I'm debating, G&T's & watch the birds or mow the lawn? Hmmmm... :scratch:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I mowed, and now a nordeast before dinner.   
Tonite is shrimp tacos.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got some more yard work done and went to HH for a bit!!!  might go out and do a couple more things yet............  go Dotch!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I mowed and then went out fishing for an hour and a half with the dogs before the wife got home from work.  Got two so will be eggs and fish for the next two days.   :happy1:  Just fry the fish in butter and then throw 2 eggs in to do easy over. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds great lps, I grew up with fish for breakfast but the wife not so much..  she is a stubborn German..lol

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is one of my favorite breakfasts and so easy to do.  I have to start taking a little more fun time now that I am retired.  It felt great.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I mowed and then went out fishing for an hour and a half with the dogs before the wife got home from work.  Got two so will be eggs and fish for the next two days.   :happy1:  Just fry the fish in butter and then throw 2 eggs in to do easy over.

got to try that!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning.  Heading up to Duluth to meet up with my brother.  Going to drive up to Grand Marais to fish for steelhead.  Just north of there is the Arrowhead River.  Near the mouth this time of the year we also get into some walleye.  Will fish from there back to Duluth to fish a few of our favorite spots at a few streams.  Have a good day.  good luck.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds great lps, I grew up with fish for breakfast but the wife not so much.. she is a stubborn German..lol

Gee. I have one of those too. Wife not so much for fish for breakfast either. I may have to start working on that.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 48* here this morning heading for a high in the 50s today. We got a 1/4" of rain last night. Got new front tires on the car. Much more gooder now. Also replaced the tire pressure sensors in the front 2. Will get the other 2 this fall when we get new tires for the other 2. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got some rain and a thunder storm last night.  maybe a 1/4 inch or so..  not sure, going for 65 today.  got some things done yesterday and will see how today goes!!!!  have a good day all!!!

speaking of German's the GF is too??  might have see if she likes fish for breakfast!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got some rain and a thunder storm last night.  maybe a 1/4 inch or so..  not sure, going for 65 today.  got some things done yesterday and will see how today goes!!!!  have a good day all!!!

speaking of German's the GF is too??  might have see if she likes fish for breakfast!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
first you'd have to catch some!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellas............ survived the north dakota trip. today its on to Duluth to see if we can round up some more union members. and visit my other shop up there!!!!!! :happy1:

got the lawn cut last nite. first of the season. yea the deck was wet also this morning. hope the rain holds off a bit, sure would like to get the rest of the garden stuff in this weekend!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We got about 1/4" too.  Cloudy and windy now.  Sure glad I got the lawn mowed yesterday.  I love the new Zero Turn but man if it is dry out it really kicks up the dust.  I easily cut an hour off my mow time with it.  Used to take 2.5 - 3 hours if I mow everything including out by the highway.  Now 1.5 hours, maybe 2.  Gotta make some calls and see how much parts are going to be to fix the WD.  I have a couple of names of guys that can maybe work on it if I need help.  I have to find the terrible commercial thread.  That kid that hits himself in the noogies is driving me nuts.  Have a good one everyone.  You too Rebs.   :sleazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 64* & headed for mid 80's here south of da border. ;) Left the lake just as it was gettin light yday, ~ 5, & got back here around 1:30. Glad we did as it was close to a toss up between the # of people workin road construction & the # of tractors out in the fields yday. Bet we went through 6-8 road work areas between Pine City & the Hwy 52/494 interchange in SE St. Paul. The construction area at the 94/694 was easily the most hair raising, glad it wasn't rush hour, of all of them. :bonk: :bs: Almost every field from Faribault to Clear Lake had a tractor in it too & looking at our forcast I see why. It does look like they've backed off the rain for us some now for Sunday, it was 100% but now it's only 60%. 'Bout it for today, some runnin  do, hope your Thursday's a good 1 :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
My favorite fields to check out driving by are the HSA plots  near Rosemont.   High fence to keep deer out, and a bunch of small plots with a shed on each one.   I think it is a Hmong thing.   

Now I am seeing more tractors by the little sheds, looks like a museum all the old tractors.   

We try to guess what they are planting.....

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Was it ALL hot air? :bs: :bs: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Was it ALL hot air? :bs: :bs: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: