Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903031 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, around 2 inches of rain here this past weekend..  sounds like more tomorrow night into wednesday...  heard Cawchester got over 3 inches of rain, Reb could be floating!!!!  not much else going on so have a good day!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 42* now & headed for 60*, they're sayin. Pretty good northerly breeze all day though so probably won't feel that warm. No more rain for us yday other than what we got overnight :happy1:, a real good chance of more tomorrow here too. Sounds like another good day for doin somethin inside. Hope your Monday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The wife got up at 6 and said it was 32 then.  They upped our high for the day to 63.  Some north wind but not bad.  May have to go for a boat ride or fishing today.  Will let you know which one it turns out to be.  Think I will take a trip out to the landfill today.  Been cleaning stuff out of the basement we don't need.  Feels great to get rid of stuff.  Have a good one.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning.  Ya getting rid of my horder stuff is a priority for me.  Last fall I had a guy come get of a load and there is more to come.  Lot of it is kid stuff that they left to store "temporarily" in my house.  Today it's cutting the grass once it dry's out.  Bought me a powerfull blower last year.  The kind you have on your back.  No more raking for me.  This blower is unreal.  I used it to blow 4 inches of snow off the driveway this winter and it's better than the snow blower.  Seconds to blow off the vehicles of the snow also.  Just have woods around me and that's where the leaves go.  Have a good day.  good luck.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 35 at choretime heading for a hi near 60. Frost on the roof and in the pasture bottom. Oh well, at least it's only supposed to make the upper 40's tomorrow. 1.3" rainfall total for the weekend at the ranch and 1.65" in Bugtussle and environs. We were fortunate altho it's still plenty wet. The forecast is calling for rain tomorrow and again Thursday. Some corn is up. Some of it looks good while other fields especially corn on corn are slower to emerge. Not unexpected as cold as its been with a more reflective surface like corn stalks. Some hybrid component to it as well. Well, back to our regularly scheduled program... :bonk:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
LPS,
I live in Big Lake which is just north of Monticello and west of Elk River.  Maybe we can get together when you come down with your Allis.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You must be close to this guy then  Lon Saeger is his name. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  didnt have time to back read much been busy busy, seen the surgeon today, as it works out I can fish for 3 weeks then it's some down time, no big deal. Did some mow lawning and packing for a good adventure out west, talking big east winds tomorrow into Wednesday but so what, guess I'll have to persuade da fish into the boat!!  See ya on the flip side .. :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a good time Bob.  Don't let your powder get wet!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  didnt have time to back read much been busy busy, seen the surgeon today, as it works out I can fish for 3 weeks then it's some down time, no big deal. Did some mow lawning and packing for a good adventure out west, talking big east winds tomorrow into Wednesday but so what, guess I'll have to persuade da fish into the boat!!  See ya on the flip side .. :happy1:

have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!     :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Have fun Bobber! Morning boys. 40* here this morning heading well into the 60s today. Going to be windy and rainy tomorrow. Just another day in paradise otherwise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 50* startin out & goin for 51*. ;) There's more rain to the south of us &  it's 'sposed to get here about noon. By the looks of the Cedar yday afternoon somebody not too far north of us got a lot of rain over the weekend, as it was rollin. I tossed a few clothes in the washer yday but that was 'bout it. Even less on the list today, have a good day. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 46 going for 63 today..  but the wind is supposed to be up to 40mph today and night possibly!!!  and rain tonight into tomorrow... got a couple small things done outside yesterday so that is nice...  looks like my cordless weed eater is on it's last leg..  I'm going to have to look into another one I guess..  have a good day all!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It was 32 when the wife got up at 5:30 and it is 43 now.  Going for 69.  I will believe it when I see it.  Went fishing yesterday for awhile and got 1 12" walleye.  Let him go to get bigger for me to catch next year.  Gonna borrow my neighbors trailer to haul the WD but I have to fix his lights again.  LOL  No big deal.  I have fixed them before so the wire is good.  I solder everything.  Thinking I will head down there next Tue morning.  Need to mow today as it is going to get wet here too tonight and tomorrow.  The leaves are getting pretty big on the trees now.  Looks great. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning. busy.

Mikey.........get a new gas one!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning.  Yep cutting the grass for me today before the rain.  Some twigs and branches here and there to pick up and burn also.  I've got a real pain in the arse with expanding bamboo around my house.  I took the machete to some yesterday on one side of my house and today some in the rear.  I think the former owner of the house thought it was nice to plant this evil plant.  Agent Orange next.  good luck.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Does it look just like regular bamboo?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning. busy.

got one of them too!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I got an EGO battery one last year.  I love it.  Easy to put new line in.  Just push it in till you are at the halfway point then turn this thing that winds it up.  My buddy paid more and it electrically winds it up.  Goes for maybe an hour but strong as heck.  Quiet and no gas.  I got it at Home Depot on sale for maybe $179 with the battery and charger. 
« Last Edit: May 05/21/19, 09:25:35 AM by LPS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS,  To me it does.  I looked it up once and it's native in Japan, but probably more areas.  It is invasive to me.  It can get 12 high with some I've had.  In the fall it has small clusters of white flowers in one mass.  Bees love it.  The stem looks just like bamboo.  Not as hard as the real stuff.  It's spreading into the woods now.  I"ve put some brush killer on some and it did kill them.  Now I'm going to chop the one's that are coming up and spray any new one's.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll check it out Barry!!!  thanks!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 47 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 50's. Looks like some rain heading in late afternoon. Need to make a feed run then go bop around some fields on the 4 wheeler. Some water standing in places so will need to watch where I'm going. Sounds like glyphosate might control the bamboo RH but it will likely take multiple applications. Cutting it off then, allowing it to regrow, spraying the regrowth then repeating the process if you don't get it all the first time, or two. Have fun Boober! Don't catch anything you shouldn't!  ;)
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
morning. busy.

We've got a Ryobi up at the lake that works great too, Mike. :happy1: Runs off the same batteries, 18 volt, as our cordless tool set, lightweight, easy to re-string. Got ours at HD too, love ours as I can do all my trimming 3 times before needing to charge the battery.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks Gunner!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've heard people talk about bamboo growing but have never seen it  Sounds like another thing that shouldn't have been imported 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Reiny, you sure your no growing mary jane and its not bamboo???????????? :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn you trouble maker.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rolleyes: :angel: :angel: innocent question!! :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:rolleyes: :angel: :angel: innocent question!! :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
Innocent?? :scratch: :rolleyes: :laughroll:  :laughroll:  I'll bet that about the only time that's applied to you was when you were still wearin diapers. :tut: :tut: :sleazy: :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and he was not innocent then either!!!!!!