Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904535 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea I know LPS, BUT it's the guy who signs my paycheck! And it's kinda a work trip. Since he won't be back to Minnesota for a couple more weeks, I need his signature for a new contract so I can get that processed.
So did I just hear :scratch: that glenn's gettin paid to go to this graduation? ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: :nerd: :confused:
« Last Edit: June 06/01/19, 09:18:36 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds right to me!!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I suppose if he didn't show up Frankie and the boys would show up at his house an rough him up a bit....    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
At very least slash his tires!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
We we made it to Bismarck, momma is getting a dolled up, beer start..ER I mean party starts at 5.

And you clowns, :tut: I don't need the brownie points but showing up won't hurt. AND NO Gunner I'm not getting paid for this. Used da company car but da room and gas comes outta my wallet! :mooning: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm thinking Jimmy will slip you a handful of Hundos from the membership fund and pat you on the back with a wink in his eye.  It's ok Glenn we know......    :smoking:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
We we made it to Bismarck, momma is getting a dolled up, beer start..ER I mean party starts at 5.

And you clowns, :tut: I don't need the brownie points but showing up won't hurt. AND NO Gunner I'm not getting paid for this. Used da company car but da room and gas comes outta my wallet! :mooning: :happy1:
If you eat and swill like me it'll be a wash.. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a good day yesterday!!!  the wedding went good!!  the groom, my GF's brother, they lost their Dad 3 months ago..  the bride lost her Dad a week ago yesterday, so that was in their hearts for sure..  but weather was great and all went well..   just a few things going on today and just going to go with the day I think!!!  have a good day all!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 57* headed for 75*, they're sayin. Yday was our 1st couple days without any rain to speak of since we've been home, 2 1/2 weeks. :happy1: There's a small chance, 40%, of some on more Tuesday according to TWC. Another mellow day here, have good un.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Well we finally got our garden plants in the ground and we got all of our planters loaded with nice flowers.  SO I get up at 5 to let the dogs out since they barked and it was 34 degrees!!!  :angry2:  I looked and there was frost on the car and on my truck.   :angry2:  All looks well so far.  Got most of the mowing done but bent a blade when I went over the little stump left from cutting down a thorn tree.  Can't believe it was big enough to bend it.  Will go out with my battery sawzall and cut that sucker today.  Then I don't have to run my chainsaw in the dirt.  Works great.  I like Mikes response so I will use it too.  I'm just going to go with the day too.   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:happy1: I didn't think so but you did say it was some sort of work trip so :tut:.................................  I just had to :sleazy: :evil: ;) ;D ;D

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning.  Getting stuff ready for a road trip up to Duluth with my wife and dog Lucy.  Going to do something like I used to do as a kid.  Fish off shore.  I know a spot or two on Island Lake up there that you can get walleyes this time of the year.  Took my wife, grandson, and Lucy up there last year in July and caught many smallmouth including a 20 incher that my grandson caught.  Walleye's are deeper that time of the year there.  Cut the grass yesterday so today it's fix up rod day.  good luck.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 59 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 70's. Unloading hay, fixing fence, mowing lawn and weaning ewes and lambs on the slate for today. Should make chores go a lot faster to have those fat, greedy ewes on pasture. They'll run you over to get at the feed bucket so time for them to go before someone gets a knee taken out, namely me!  :mad1: Have a wonderful day!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good call Dotch on the ewes,  the Mrs might have something to do with you being more catchable.. :bow: Afternoon peoples,  took the Mrs. to da movie theater,  wowser I can see why I watch flicks in the cave, not to mention I walked out partially deaf it was so loud..Really wanted to watch baseball but like Glenn says " a man has to do what a man has to do"..lol.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53* here this morning and cloudy. Supposed to get up to 77* today. We had a good weekend in Effie. The road was dried out nicely. Made it home with the camper and wheelers last night. We got some riding in Saturday on the wheelers. Got to check out a new state forest. Pretty cool area. Looking forward to exploring it more. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all..  sounds like fun JB!!  a good weekend here too!!!  got a few things to do today so just pick away at them..  52 here going for 81..  we will see..  have a good day all!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 53* here too, headed for upper 70's. Looks like we might make 4 days without some rain, if they're right about today. :cool: That's a record for this stay. Just a couple small things on my list for today, after that we'll see. Hope your Monday's a good 1. :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya a cool windy morning here.  Our plants don't look like the frost hurt them the other day.  We have been burning the straw we put over the septic tank and lines.  It is wet and really smokes when we pile it on the fire but it finally burns.  Takes a few sips to get that job done.  Just about got it all but some left to do when it's not too windy.   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 59 at choretime heading for a hi in the upper 70's. No frost here but see they had 28 in Bigfork & 30 in I Falls.  Got the ewes we needed to haul to the other pasture weaned last nite and still have a dozen that stay here to wean hopefully tonite. Ya Boober, sometimes appeasement is the best policy in the wife department and glenn is a pro at it... :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Made it to red wing. Ready to argue with management! :smoking: :happy1:

I love my job!! :evil:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  Well we checked the weather in Duluth and only a high of 51 with east win.  So we decided to go Tuesday fishing instead was supposed to be in the upper 60's.  Not so, east wind and high of 51 with a 40% chance of rain.  So it's Wednesday now.  High of 70 and a westerly wind.  Sounds better to us.  As a kid we did most of our fishing off shore and always caught enough to bring home.  Made a fire out of all that drift wood piled up on shore.  Great memories I will try to re-live.  good luck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well day 1 of negotiations are over. actually went ok for day 1. considering they have a new spokesperson ya never know what your gonna get.

but dat corporate HR sure gave me the looks...……...could almost feel the daggers...………...oh how sweet it is!!! :happy1: now I know 1 I can get under there skin!!!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :rocker; :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 69* here this morning heading for the upper 70s today and a chance of rain. We could use a shot of rain. Otherwise, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers, supposed to get sticky down here in red wing. And chances of thunder boomers later. We also could use a shot of rain at home.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 here goin for 80 and a chance for rain this afternoon into tonight..  and yes we could use a soft rain not a down pour..   going to Alex this morning to get a few things done and then go get my mower back this afternoon..  not much else so have a good day all!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Had a good day yesterday.  Went and talked to the guys at work for awhile.  We have 3 young County Commissioners here.  Children.  They voted to not renew the County Engineers contract.  SO now all of the road projects in the county just came to a standstill and will be that way until they find someone to fill the void.  STUPID!!!  It was a 3-2 vote.  They are farmers and want all of their ditches cleaned and now noone will get anything done.  They bit their own foot.  No work can be done on State Aid roads which is a large percentage of the roads here.  Can't even mow those ditches.  State Aid funding is a huge portion of the County budget that is now at a standstill.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds normal to way politics are going every where LPS!!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 61* headed for 80*. It sounded like we had a pretty good but short shower roll through about 4 this morning. According to TWC we have a < 50% chance of some more this afternoon. My project today is to get in to see my barber, which usually isn't a problem. Have good day all :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 63 at choretime heading for a hi in the mid-80's. Talking some thunderstorms for tonite, hopefully nothing too severe. Got the ewes and lambs separated last nite. Chores are way easier and faster although this a.m. I wound up putting a manger back together they had decided to wreck overnite. Once again, this is why we eat them.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: June 06/04/19, 09:06:38 AM by Dotch »