Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900801 times)

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning.  Glad we didn't go up to Duluth fishing today with the forcast of thunderboomers there this afternoon.  Still planning on going tomorrow.  Great bait shop I've been going to there since I was a kid.  The woman that own's it now used to run around the shop just with her diapers on.  I told her once that I seen her topless.  Her eyes went wide open and she gave me the look.  Told her about her running around in diapers and she had a good laugh.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Holy crack pot is it nasty here in red wing. Sirens went off, raining like a cow peeing, hail and wind. :crazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck that away Glenn,  here in western Dakota county we had an 1.5 " of rain but for the most part some wind and no hail... so much for streaks tonight,  french dips will have to do, not to shabby of a back up plan!!
« Last Edit: June 06/04/19, 05:50:36 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Rained hard in town for a short time but not a drop here a mile or two away.  Saw lots of dark clouds going around us.  Would have liked to see a little rain.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys, yes at 6:11 o'clock.  I am lucky to even be here.  Last night was the night from mosquito hell!  I put the ac in the window in the bedroom.  During the night the bugs were flying around like they were on a picnic.  Finally at daybreak I couldn't handle it anymore and got up when the wife did.  I forgot to put a towel in the window above where the two windows meet.  There are about 15 of those dreaded blood suckers on the walls and ceiling in there now.  I closed the door and hope they die a slow death.  Not sure what I will do today.  I will make the hitches for Boar I think.  Not going to be so hot today so will be more fun to do something outdoors.  I am still in a little shock from loss of blood. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks LPS, now when I head north i have something to look forward to. the unofficial state bird!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: i'm going try a new rciepe to rep bugs I was given yesterday. in one of them little sprayer jobs ya dump 2 bottles of mouthwash, add some Epsom salt fill with water, pump and spray. supposedly skeeters and flies hate the stuff. preferably a mint flavor mouthwash.

morning all, storms are gone, lookin to a decent day. not getting far in negotiations yet. :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope it works Glenn.  Let me know.  I will spray the wife up with it and hope it keeps them off of me too. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Yep, the skeeters are out in full force for sure right now. They were really bad last weekend down in Effie. Even out in the full sun they were after us. The only spots we were safe was where the wind could blow hard. Great to hear about the idiots at the county Barry.  :crazy: Surprised our road got graded yesterday. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yea the rains went rolling by yesterday for sure!!!  1.6 inches it looks like for a total!!  too much!!  hopefully it dries out and I can mow the yard...  we will see..  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 64* & going for 85*. We got warmer yday than expected as I seen 86* on the car while headed to HH. Some rumblings & a very loud crack of thunder ~ 2 as well, no rain for us then, but heard it poured for 10-15 minutes  just outside of town. We did have some rain around 1 last night though. Been kind of expecting the big skeeter hatch with all the rain & the lake levels being so high. :sad: Got a couple things on the list for today to get ready to go to Mom's tomorrow. If everything goes right we'll be leaving her place sometime between midnight & 2 Friday. Hope your Wednesday's a good 1. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Yep, the skeeters are out in full force for sure right now. They were really bad last weekend down in Effie. Even out in the full sun they were after us. The only spots we were safe was where the wind could blow hard. Great to hear about the idiots at the county Barry.  :crazy: Surprised our road got graded yesterday. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

So you are not on a State Aid road.  The State Aid roads are numbered 50 and down to 1.  You may get more attention since they are not maintaining the State Aid ones.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
No. I am sure that Sandy Shores drive is not state aid road. But the road coming into Sandy Shore may be. I think that is county road 51. Are they trying to negotiate a better deal or something?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They had a closed meeting the other night.  There will be litigation and law suits etc due to their childish decision.  The State Engineer? and the north MN Engineer were at the open meeting and said they couldn't have done this any worse than they did.  If they had an issue with the Engineer they should have dealt with it instead of dumping him.  Now what Engineer is going to want to come here after this.  Bad deal all around.  One is a son of a farmer that has always had it in for our Engineer.  I think one of them wished he didn't let the other two coerce him into the decision now.  Even the sewer improvements up by the resorts is at a standstill now without an Engineer.  Consultants can be hired but that will cost much more than our own Engineer.  I got along with Tim just fine and thought he did a good job for the County.  I thought he was careful with how he used County money on projects instead of just doing things that someone wanted done without researching it first. 
« Last Edit: June 06/05/19, 07:48:59 AM by LPS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Roads #1 through #50 are State Aid.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds to me like you should have at least 2 new people on the County Board next election. :tut: :thumbs: Really too bad as all the time & money spent going to court while nothing gets done. :sad: :pouty:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds to me like you should have at least 2 new people on the County Board next election. :tut: :thumbs: Really too bad as all the time & money spent going to court while nothing gets done. :sad: :pouty:

Wish it were that easy. Hard to get past the big names around here. Maybe now that Barry is retired  ;) ;). He would get my vote.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 63 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 80's. Rainfall varied with .53" at the ranch and .40" in Bugtussle. Some places received up to an inch and others only a few  tenths. Took this shot last nite before one cell went thru. Looked more ominous than it turned out to be. A lot of noise and not much action. We'd already received .43" when it showed up.
Speaking of blood Barry I gotta draw coming up at 10:45. Just hope I get the nurse with the large breasts again!  :sleazy: 

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Large breasts do kind of make everything better...    :wowza:   Back in our High School days a friend of mines Dad went to Sioux Falls to the Dentist but Mother Sister and him went to a Dentist in Luverne.  When he graduated his Dad asked if he wanted to go to the Dentist with him?  He said ok.  Well when he got there he saw why his Dad went there.  The hygienists were all real hot and had big boobs and he said they always rubbed them on him when working on him.  I bet he still goes there.   LOLOL    :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You dirty filthy old men! :pouty: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Large breasts do kind of make everything better...    :wowza:   Back in our High School days a friend of mines Dad went to Sioux Falls to the Dentist but Mother Sister and him went to a Dentist in Luverne.  When he graduated his Dad asked if he wanted to go to the Dentist with him?  He said ok.  Well when he got there he saw why his Dad went there.  The hygienists were all real hot and had big boobs and he said they always rubbed them on him when working on him.  I bet he still goes there.   LOLOL    :sleazy:
;) :laugh: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hot with skinny fingers doesn't hurt either... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Wish it were that easy. Hard to get past the big names around here. Maybe now that Barry is retired  ;) ;). He would get my vote.
  :scratch: Might be able to at least get the guy that probably started it all :bs: to go back to farming. :thumbs:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59* here this morning heading for a high of 69*. Doesn't look like rain here until Saturday. Then it cools down for awhile. Not much new here. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...…..almost Friday. heard from a local here In red wing they had 3 inches of rain the other day.

seen first hand last nite what the inside of one of them big old camper/boats that are parked at the marinas. pretty impressive. with that I go to meet Brian Klawatter from IDO. he's the resident big catfish expert down in these parts and the unofficial SPAM  prince!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we have 64* & headed for 83*, they're sayin. Not sure we got as warm as predicted yday as with the northerly breeze it felt a lot cooler to me than Tuesday. The main issue today is my brothers Dr appt., we're hopin they release him so we can get back up to the lake. His appt isn't until 12:45 so by the time he gets home & we pack, drive up to Mom's it could easily be 4. Hopin to leave there between midnight & 2 which puts us in GR by ~ 7 or 8. So if'n everything goes well you probably won't be hearin from me tomorrow. Have a good couple days & I'll see you on the other side.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we have 64* & headed for 83*, they're sayin. Not sure we got as warm as predicted yday as with the northerly breeze it felt a lot cooler to me than Tuesday. The main issue today is my brothers Dr appt., we're hopin they release him so we can get back up to the lake. His appt isn't until 12:45 so by the time he gets home & we pack, drive up to Mom's it could easily be 4. Hopin to leave there between midnight & 2 which puts us in GR by ~ 7 or 8. So if'n everything goes well you probably won't be hearin from me tomorrow. Have a good couple days & I'll see you on the other side.
so your saying Inger is waiting for your arrival! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Safe travels bud! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, have a good one Gunner!!!  58 here going for 84 they say..  not much going on here..  got several things done yesterday including the yard mowed and started the trimming...  some house cleaning today in in order..  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A beautiful morning too.  Breezy but nice out.  Went for a nice pontoon ride on the river last night.  Was perfect out.  Went down to see how the bridge construction is going.  Pretty interesting.  Just putting casings in yet so no big construction yet.  I carried the small AC unit up from the basement the other day.  Went fine till the last 3 steps and then my ass muscle started to hurt.  I couldn't just sit the AC on the steps so had to hop up those steps.  I can feel it too so better take er easy today.  I want to do some work to the dock but will wait a few days for that.  Man that is a lot of driving Gunner.  We may have to call you Glenn Jr.  LOL  Have a great day. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, have a good one Gunner!!!  58 here going for 84 they say..  not much going on here..  got several things done yesterday including the yard mowed and started the trimming...  some house cleaning today in in order..  have a good day all!!!
ya know when my wife and I stopped by your place Sunday, I noticed there was no boat by the dock  :scratch:. With all that not much going on time ya could be fishing! :pouty: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He's prolly waiting for his new Ranger to arrive.