Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903463 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I just took this at Silver Lake Dam.....the dam is under water!!!!!!!!! Unreal!!! :shocked:

Pic on bottom is of it before flood... normal stage.....

https://youtu.be/1pq6h2MECoE

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 06/28/19, 12:36:51 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/shocking-video-shows-cattle-swept-away-in-river-in-southeast-minnesota

here's a video from a news channel, shows them swimming and I think belly up too... that water is moving!!!  stay safe down there...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
On the other side of that bridge, is a nice landing for some new apts, with a patio, umbrellas, tables, chairs......that's gotta be gone, becuz all ya see is that water roaring along. Can't even tell where it is or was.... :shocked:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cows can swim but not for long.  That is a lot of exercise for animals that are not very athletic. Bad deal.  UPDATE:  Now I have learned more on the raccoon program here.  We have a batch of baby coons in the attic of the barn.  They were chattering and looking down at me.  I will try to get a pic later.  They got shy of me.   :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Offer 'em a handful of yer Honey-nut Cheerios.   :laugh:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon.  Refuse to complain about the heat.  Probaly because of all the years of working retail as a butcher.  Winter all I heard was It's so cold and too much snow.  Then Spring was still cold and too much rain, then Summer it's too hot and muggy.  But then comes Fall and you don't hear much complaining.  So sure there are times I would like to say all of that and then some but being a stubborn German about it. 

Last year I bought me one of those powerful gas blowers that you carry on your back.  Wanted something with power.  No more raking for me and this did the trick.  I have woods all around me so I don't have to worry about Neighbors yards.  Blow it anywhere I want.  haven't raked since.  I have also used it to blow my driveway when I get the 2 inches or even a little more when it's the dry snow.  Plus a quick way of blowing snow off our trucks.  Today I blew the front of the house parking area and all the way down the driveway to the road.  Awesome thing.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe you could blow those little coons right outta Barry's rafters.....*PHOOOOSH*  :rotflmao:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin people's,  72 and heading for a real feel of a 1000, has a few thing to do outside so might hafta do em early... see ya!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, it's 63* & we have the same humidity(97%) as yday, no fog though. Went out :fishing: early & the only thing bitin were some skeets that smelled like mint. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: TWC"s site is still sayin only mid-80's while the Bemidji Weather Station is talkin 90* for us today.  :confused: Looks like a good chance, 60-70%, of some more rain after midnight. There's a depth adjustment again for the lift & a little more mower time on my list for today. Nothin else to report today, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, the smoked turkey came out good yesterday!!  going for 89 today and more humid and tomorrow..  oh yea!!  stay cool all!!! 

hey Bobber, how did the doc appointment go??  have a good day all!!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, the smoked turkey came out good yesterday!!  going for 89 today and more humid and tomorrow..  oh yea!!  stay cool all!!! 

Went pretty good,  although since I dont have a desk job they said to give it another week  :happy1:  Thanks Mike!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
excellent Bobber!!  ya got the week ya wanted!!!!  enjoy it!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Went pretty good,  although since I dont have a desk job they said to give it another week  :happy1:  Thanks Mike!!

I recommend that, too...it'll give ya an improved and more grillin' time.... :rotflmao:

Mornin', folk. *Blub*glub* What a mess down here.  Water, water, everywhere. People pumping out their basements. 73*, ultra-hume, with a dewpoint of a gazillion, headed for 92* today. Heat index of 104*.   Am I going out? nope. Gonna sit in here and listen to the sump pump go off every 4 mns. The water's just a runnin' into the pit..... 
Keep a cool tool and don't let yer meat loaf, guys.   :coffee:
« Last Edit: June 06/29/19, 08:50:41 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 70 here now but when I walk outside it is all ready pretty warm by the house.  I just did a clean job on the AC.  Washed the screen and then used a damp rag and was careful but it cleaned the lint type dust right off of the inside coil.  Worked great.  I didn't want to take it out of the window.  Last night we went for a little ride on the pontoon boat.  We were on our way back to the dock when a friend called and he had hit a rock or a chunk of concrete by one of the resorts.  Knocked off all 3 fins on his prop.  He was barely moving.  SO we went and got his trailer and met them at a little access that he was close to and loaded them up.  Worked out great.  Not much going on here today.  Just going to relax I think...  We shall see. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard they found many of the missing cattle from the flooding down by Cawchester...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
15-20 of them. Rest are still missing. The farmer and his neighbors are out looking for the rest, but all the roads are under water, so they can't get to where they hope they may be. Stoopid woman on news said  "all are safe and OK...cows are tough" Ya, right. That's why in the vid one or more goes by hooves up under water. Didn't know they made cow snorkels.  :angry:

New video of the cows....

https://youtu.be/AaJXShZA8UQ
« Last Edit: June 06/29/19, 10:15:49 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bad deal all around!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Would a farmer have insurance that would cover this?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Would a farmer have insurance that would cover this?

I think that depends on the owner and how he sets up the coverage... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 67 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 90's. Not used to this stuff after the winter and cool spring we had. Finally turned the AC on just to take the humidity out of the air. There's a decent breeze so it isn't as oppressive as it could be. I put fans on the sheep in the barn tho just to be on the safe side. Overhead doors are open but if the breeze stops it gets pretty warm in there otherwise.

Like mikey said as far as the cattle being insured, it depends on how the policy is written. With a natural disaster such as that one I suspect the insured had them covered, especially if it's breeding stock as that operation appeared to be judging by the cows and calves washing down the river. The guy I buy my feed from at Hope also raises cattle, knows the guy and has done some cattle business with him. Insurance companies are different in respect to what they'll cover though. For instance, one company has wanted all my business for years. However, their policy on the sheep won't cover losses from a dog attack which is one of the more common potential issues. And even if they are covered, while it may replace the animals, it still doesn't replace the genetics one worked hard to develop.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy, it was toasty out doing the yard this am.....*PHEW* But I dressed for it....    :cheesy:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 06/29/19, 12:25:13 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Awe gawd. Good thing I didn't eat yet. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
As da boober would say..... Afternoon people's. Met up with the boarmister by little falls to pick up food for Yogi and boo boo. He's still a putz!! :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: I asked him to pick me up a walleye at Morrie's for the contest and he couldn't even catch one in the freezer section. :pouty: :pouty:

That guy sure got a heck of a bear feeding setup going, nice dude to.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like a good time, ya us forum fellas need to get together that's for sure. People's is better coming from you Glenn,  you take that greeting I'll use another  :happy1:. Been sitting patio side watching the mrs give the pooches a bath, been begging to be next but it ain't gettin me nowhere.. looking like kaboobs, taters and a salad from tge garden tonight!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Awe gawd. Good thing I didn't eat yet. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

got to agree, good gawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  my eyes almost got burned!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy, it was toasty out doing the yard this am.....*PHEW* But I dressed for it....    :cheesy:
Nice tush you got there Reb. No wonder the NL is always after ya.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 ;D Boy, if I looked like that, I'd do something fast!  :doah:  Pretty roasty-toasty here; 92* on both my temp-o-teller's with a dewpoint of 72*....like walking into a steambath. *GAG*
« Last Edit: June 06/29/19, 04:58:43 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Worked one of my 8 days a month today.  Cut lot's of T-bones for 6.99 lb. [cub].  Took three home for tomorrow.  When you work in 45 degree temps most of the time and you go outside in this kind of heat, it hit's you a little harder.  But I expected that and have done that for over 40 years.  Grandkids are here and it was spaghetti yesterday and will be again today.  Got more ice cream today for the little critters.  House is a mess and toys are here and there.  My wife has them in a place where they can swim and play  somewhere in Shoreview.  Will go to bed early today.  good luck.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
As da boober would say..... Afternoon people's. Met up with the boarmister by little falls to pick up food for Yogi and boo boo. He's still a putz!! :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: I asked him to pick me up a walleye at Morrie's for the contest and he couldn't even catch one in the freezer section. :pouty: :pouty:

That guy sure got a heck of a bear feeding setup going, nice dude to.
[/quote
good to see yu to muffinhead! lol, i did stop into morrys and asked for walleye for you, but they knew what i was ther for you, they said is 57 still trying buy fiwh f9r that contest? i said yeah, he dont change do he? we laughed. they said, we stoped selling walleye to 57 decades ago, it dosent do any good, he dont know what to with them, he cant cook and he cant post pics much less know how to fish. so we parted ways.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"