Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4947145 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 80's. .67" of rain in the past 24 hrs. at the ranch with .90" in the same timeframe in greater Bugtussle. Looks like more on tap for later afternoon and tonite. Aside from being mosquito and deer fly food, not much else going on. Dampish in the fields and everyone is throttling down already for the 4th. Good idea. It's been a stressful spring and early summer. Definitely long overdue. Looks like my gin supply should be adequate. I ordered another transport for delivery this a.m.!   :happy1:
how many rail cars is it!! :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
The liquor store manager said he'll deliver it this afternoon...... ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just my size... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Geez, I almost forgot to mention the highlight of my day! Happened right out of the chute after I was done chores: I blasted the mangy songbird killing cat I've been trying to draw a bead on for the last month. It was taunting the barn swallows dive bombing it in the driveway about the time I looked out. Plunked a couple shells in the trusty sxs varmint blunderbuss and buh bye kitty! Only took one so I got a spare for the next time.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm going to check a couple grocery stores Wednesday and see if I can find that ice cream!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew it!  What a chowhound! :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you'll be looking too!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Not unless it's sugar free.... :undecided:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here we go!!! Severe T-storm warning.....Flood warning.....saying 4" of rain tonite....telling people to be ready to evacuate....

Is this all a dream???? And evacuate in what? My airboat?!  :censored:

My fishing buddy Emailed me today his sister-in-laws basement in town here caved in yday....along with 8" water now in it. He had to go get her out....
« Last Edit: July 07/01/19, 05:52:36 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Here we go!!! Severe T-storm warning.....Flood warning.....saying 4" of rain tonite....telling people to be ready to evacuate....

Sounds like you could use glenn's friend Judy about now... :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Naa, she'd just blow away......speaking of, sending ya a flat skwirrel thru the air to send to Glenn. (Airmail?)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Must've been a flying squirrel...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

My fishing buddy Emailed me today his sister-in-laws basement in town here caved in yday....along with 8" water now in it. He had to go get her out....

Did they change their mind? I don't see any thing about tons of rain or flooding, except whitewater

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 67 dis morning heading for the 80s. Supposed to be dry today and then maybe some rain tomorrow. Which is the only day I don't want rain. Supposed to do some skidsteer work tomorrow evening for a coworker. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice morning.  May have to go outside and sit for while with my coffee.  Well I got all of the pasture mowed yesterday.  Moved boat trailers around so I could mow under them too.  Good to have it done and looks nice.  I did leave some patches that were thick with milkweed as we still have Monarchs flitting around.  Was going to cut some trees today but may take it easy after the last two days of hitting it hard.  The butt muscle is feeling a lot better the last couple of weeks and don't want to go backwards on that program.  Up early as it gets light so early it is hard to stay in bed any longer.  Plus I want to see what youse guys are up to.   :confused:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 going for 84..  sounds maybe humid too.  got some things done yesterday and get some more today..  mowing is at the top of the list..  not much else going on so have a good day all!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  70 and cloudy with a fine mist, took the pooches for a mile jaunt earlier, they say the sun will come , we'll see. Not much on the list today, bank run, down to the dealership and tgats bout it, gots the lawn cut somehow yesterday between rain drops.  Later!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Did they change their mind? I don't see any thing about tons of rain or flooding, except whitewater

Do you live in a box, Del? Or where do you live? NWS page had the big yellow FLOOD WATCH for all of last nite thru today, SEVERE T-STORM WATCH, heavy rains, etc, all afternoon and until I went to bed at 10:00 PM....
The 5:00 and 6:00 news on ch 6 & 10 was on, as it was the weather morjits yammering their special bulletins about the tornadic rotation, bring in furniture , as we will be hit with 60+ MPH winds, and the 3-4" of rain we were going to get....(Channel 10 repeated this over and over) thru 7:00 PM. My weather radio was going off every 15 mns with the warning tones...
But, what happened? Ya got me...radar showed us in the thick of things, a huge blob over all of southern Minny, and...I got about 5 raindrops, no wind....nothing.
Have no idea how it could show that and yet nothing happened, but I'll sute take it. My sump pump is still puking away non-stop. I'd really like things to dry out!

« Last Edit: July 07/02/19, 12:36:26 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning, comrades. 70* and ultra-hume here, headed for mid 80's. There's something bright in the sky peeping thru....I think they all it "The Sun".   :rotflmao:  Never got the deluge of rain and severe storms last nite, thank god. Somehow they just didn't happen.
Fine by me, and everyone else! Looks like it may be a puttering type day, spending on the weather. As long as no rain, I'm fine with it. Time for some bacon, eggs, and toast...have a good one, guys.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: July 07/02/19, 08:03:11 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, it was 60* when I went out :fishing:. Sure was a pretty sunrise  :happy1: otherwise 'bout the only thing goin on out there was the mayflys ripplin the water with their wings. :sad: Goin for 85* today again then 'sposed to cool off. WCCO had a big weather warning on their evening news too Reb. :scratch: In fact they showed some damage in Hollandale which ain't too far Dotch & Mom's in Austin. :confused: Nothin planned for today so I'll pull a Mikey ;) & just roll with it. Have a good un.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, they were saying that area was getting it pretty good...and was headed right for us.

https://www.albertleatribune.com/2019/07/mother-nature-threatens-to-rain-on-local-parades/
« Last Edit: July 07/02/19, 08:12:25 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning all you lazy bums!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: its nuttin but work.....work ....work for me!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:

sun was shining when i left home, by monty it was foggy, cloudy and a lite mist. yea i need to get th grass cut before i leave for vegas. the closer it gets the more i dispise it!!!!!! :confused:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
morning all you lazy bums!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: its nuttin but work.....work ....work for me!!!!!!!

...I couldn't resist (again).  :embarrassed:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning all you lazy bums!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: its nuttin but work.....work ....work for me!!!!!!!

...I couldn't resist (again).  :embarrassed:
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 69 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 80's. .69" of rain at the ranch, again, with .96" falling in Bugtussle proper. We dodged a bullet last nite tho. We were in a flood watch, heavy rain, take cover, with tornadoes to the south of us type deal, again. There was more coming after the first go round and that was supposed to increase our odds of flooding. That largely dissipated however. We had .62" at the ranch at 7 p.m. and only picked up an additional .05" overnite. The only flooding I saw on the map was west of Spirit Lake IA. Radars were fickle too. I look at 3 main sources and all three looked different. Only one of the three indicated the storm was raining itself out.  :confused:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  Dew point 69, the grass is high and wet.  Not going to mow it though until Saturday when things get better.  Grass ain't going anywhere.  We have a 2 and a half acre minimum here so nobody can see my grass.  Used to live in side by side houses years ago where everyone could see your grass and you had to mow so the neighbors didn't complain.  I know a guy who fixes lawn mowers and I'll have him look for a good riding mower for me.  Getting up there in age and I think it would be a smart move.  Got some pork butts thawing for 25 pounds of polish.  Friends and family are asking.  I add some hot pepper flakes and mustard seeds to it also.  good luck.