Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900887 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I can confirm it's the best polish snausage out there!! :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I try to copy Rh's recipes but I'm sure I'm still way off..(shut up Glenn).  ;) Afternoon forum fellas,  I hear ya on the mow lawning Rh, I have a rider here and at the cabin but still my mom likes to say " ya now back on the farm gramps every Saturday night would cut the farmstead with an old rotary pusher"  ya mom things have changed over the years, man they were tough people back in the day, the stories never get old with the farm life back then..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, the grass was taller, the cowz were bigger, and the roads were longer back then, Boob... :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1:

that's great!!  hope they get the majority back too!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear and hope they collect many more! Thanks for keeping us posted Reb.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I try to copy Rh's recipes but I'm sure I'm still way off..(shut up Glenn).  ;) Afternoon forum fellas,  I hear ya on the mow lawning Rh, I have a rider here and at the cabin but still my mom likes to say " ya now back on the farm gramps every Saturday night would cut the farmstead with an old rotary pusher"  ya mom things have changed over the years, man they were tough people back in the day, the stories never get old with the farm life back then..
:confused: :scratch: huh?? What  :scratch: :scratch: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Those were some different days to be sure Boober. Dad's first lawnmower was one he made I'm guessing back in the late 40's or early 50's when we 1st got electricity. It was powered with an old Maytag gas engine that came off of a wringer washing machine. He mounted a couple sickle mower sections on the ends of a piece of flat iron and attached it to the pulley shaft. The motor was mounted on some kind of a cart he fashioned from lord knows what. I never saw it work but found the remnants in the upstairs of the shop. Guessing it likely wasn't OSHA approved but not much was in those days. Dad claimed it worked pretty well, all things being relative.

The amount of manual labor that went on was incredible to me. Pitchforks, shovels and pulling tits gnarled the fingers on those calloused old hands. Feed, seed and fertilizer all in bags, milk hauled in cans, small square bales of hay and straw, numerous 30 dozen cases of eggs hauled to town for groceries on Saturday night with a special treat being a movie if times were good. No power steering on tractors and no skidsteers. Hell, live PTO was a big deal on the Co-Op E3 we had.The 70's and 80's era stuff I have must've seemed like a dream come true to a lot of folks. As the saying goes, those people didn't die they just wore out.   
« Last Edit: July 07/02/19, 09:31:53 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Amen!!! And ya didn't throw anything away...if it broke, ya fixed it. Or ya made one yerself.
Not like this throw-a-way lazy society today. I couldn't believe the 25 yo punkster next door hired someone to clean his three front windows on his house while he and his buddies sat out back and swilled beer.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Here we go!!! Severe T-storm warning.....Flood warning.....saying 4" of rain tonite....telling people to be ready to evacuate....

Is this all a dream???? And evacuate in what? My airboat?!  :censored:

My fishing buddy Emailed me today his sister-in-laws basement in town here caved in yday....along with 8" water now in it. He had to go get her out....
id they change their mind? I don't see any thing about tons of rain or flooding, except whitewater

Do you live in a box, Del? Or where do you live? NWS page had the big yellow FLOOD WATCH for all of last nite thru today, SEVERE T-STORM WATCH, heavy rains, etc, all afternoon and until I went to bed at 10:00 PM....
The 5:00 and 6:00 news on ch 6 & 10 was on, as it was the weather morjits yammering their special bulletins about the tornadic rotation, bring in furniture , as we will be hit with 60+ MPH winds, and the 3-4" of rain we were going to get....(Channel 10 repeated this over and over) thru 7:00 PM. My weather radio was going off every 15 mns with the warning tones...
But, what happened? Ya got me...radar showed us in the thick of things, a huge blob over all of southern Minny, and...I got about 5 raindrops, no wind....nothing.
Have no idea how it could show that and yet nothing happened, but I'll sute take it. My sump pump is still puking away non-stop. I'd really like things to dry out!

I looked at weather underground shortly before posting.  Maybe by then all the hysteria had gone in the memory hole.  Even checked another weather site.

OK with me, don't need it.

D
« Last Edit: July 07/02/19, 08:21:45 PM by delcecchi »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Amen!!! And ya didn't throw anything away...if it broke, ya fixed it. Or ya made one yerself.
Not like this throw-a-way lazy society today. I couldn't believe the 25 yo punkster next door hired someone to clean his three front windows on his house while he and his buddies sat out back and swilled beer.
with you and Dotch preaching I won't have to go to church for 6 months!;; :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
They wouldn't let ya in anyway, ya liddle weezle!!!! Ya can't moon people there!  🐻
« Last Edit: July 07/02/19, 08:41:57 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
'zactly. Them people were so tough they had chunks of union thugs in their stools!  :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 69 going for a high of 68 today. 50% chance of rain today and it is just south of us now. We need it , but I am not sure if I want it since I am supposed to do some skidsteer work after work today. So, since I pulled the posi-track into work with me I am guessing that 50% chance of rain became a 100% chance of rain just because of that. Oh well, TGIF! Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  65 here going for 85 today..  another warm one..  rain might hold off til tomorrow the way it looks here..  have to go to town today and get a few things..  hopefully it won't be crowded in town...  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas  67 and kinda sticky , took the pooches for a stroll now gonna unwind and watch news babes. Gots to hit tge grocery store,  beer store and da gas station then do some packing for the long weekend, hopefully the fish are cooperating.. Later!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 65* goin for low 80's. Don't trust those weathermen guys, I just peeked(TWC's site) & it's sayin ENE breeze, lookin out the window it sure appears to be WNW to me. :scratch: Our best rain chance is tomorrow, they're sayin. No shoppin for us this week, we didn't want to fight the crowds & we're headed back south early next week. I just got rid of Grandpa's old reel type rotary mower we had hangin in the boat shed to the BIL. They took it home & his neighbors kids think it's the greatest invention ever as they fight to come over & mow with it. Good luck :fishing: Boober, it's :confused: been pretty slow here the last week or so. Did most of the mowin I had left yday, might need to start over this weekend though. That's it for today, hopin your Wednesday's a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
'zactly. Them people were so tough they had chunks of union thugs in their stools!  :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: :doofus: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning forum pharts and pupsters....  72* and ultra-hume here. &0* dewpoint already. We'll have mushrooms growing on everything pretty soon. Rain, rain, rain & T-storms thru Sunday.  :party1: Sunny now, but the clouds are building....no plans. Hope y'all have a good day. Boober, yer schedule is starting to sound a bit like Glenn's daily.... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/03/19, 08:00:51 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 65* goin for low 80's. Don't trust those weathermen guys, I just peeked(TWC's site) & it's sayin ENE breeze, lookin out the window it sure appears to be WNW to me. :scratch: Our best rain chance is tomorrow, they're sayin. No shoppin for us this week, we didn't want to fight the crowds & we're headed back south early next week. I just got rid of Grandpa's old reel type rotary mower we had hangin in the boat shed to the BIL. They took it home & his neighbors kids think it's the greatest invention ever as they fight to come over & mow with it. Good luck :fishing: Boober, it's :confused: been pretty slow here the last week or so. Did most of the mowin I had left yday, might need to start over this weekend though. That's it for today, hopin your Wednesday's a good 1
so the weathers gonna finally straighten out next week!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: and take all those dam sqeeters back to iowawith ya!!!!!! :happy1: be like moses and throw in the flies, horseflies and deer flies too!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Had a little thunder earlier and a shot of rain but not much.  Got the mowing done yesterday and we could use a little more rain buy hope it doesn't spoil JB's program.  Think I will hit the Landfill today and get rid of some stuff.  Then may just take it easy. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning forum pharts and pupsters....  72* and ultra-hume here. &0* dewpoint already. We'll have mushrooms growing on everything pretty soon. Rain, rain, rain & T-storms thru Sunday.  :party1: Sunny now, but the clouds are building....no plans. Hope y'all have a good day. Boober, yer schedule is starting to sound a bit like Glenn's daily.... :rotflmao:
:tut: a pipe down!!!!!!! :taz: :taz: :rotflmao:

morning fellers............ back hard at work. got the bird feeders all freshed up last nite, lawn cut and a few udder tings done last nite. hope it dont rain tonight i see a  :campfire: and  :toast: in my future!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
so the weathers gonna finally straighten out next week!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: and take all those dam sqeeters back to iowawith ya!!!!!! :happy1: be like moses and throw in the flies, horseflies and deer flies too!!!!!!!!!!

If ya'd take a bath, maybe they wouldn't bother ya so much!!! But then, maybe it's just an inherent thing..   ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07/03/19, 08:09:19 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

If ya'd take a bath, maybe they wouldn't bother ya so much!!! But then, maybe it's just an inherent thing..   ;)
:happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ;) Them flies have been nasty lately :thumbs: :pouty:, even the little house flies. :angry2:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
There should be a gazilion skeeters down here in Swampville with all the standing water, but I haven't noticed but just a few. Same for the flies. But, a bumper crop of Fireflies.... :azn:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep,  we have had enough rain for awhile.  On the agenda today making some polish sausage and maybe cutting the grass.  I get a lot of skeeters once I go in the shade.  No deer flies yet, which I have normally this time of the year.  Wonder how they are up north.  good luck.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 73 at choretime heading for a hi in the low to mid 80's. Atmosphere is juiced. Fingers crossed that it won't rain on the 4th but it probably will. Got a couple lamb legs thawed to grill in the meantime. Dew comes on so early with the humidity but ground thru mowing the front lawn last nite. Skeeters, deer flies, horse flies and stable flies continue to make life interesting. Brushed up against a spruce tree while mowing and felt like a pincushion shortly afterwards. Ya Barry, I like days like you describe. Start out slow and sorta taper off from there!  :happy1: 
« Last Edit: July 07/03/19, 10:01:36 AM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Kinda like Glenn, huh?  :rotflmao:  Mornin', Glenn!   :nerd:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Dotch.  I kind of like Mikes style of putting things.  So I am sort of in Mike mode today.  Had a great trip to the landfill.  Always interesting talking to the guys out there.  And Rebs we don't have peach flavored Cheerios up here in the tundra.  I checked the other day. 
« Last Edit: July 07/03/19, 11:46:41 AM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, none of he flavored ones at Glenn's favorite grocery, either. Not even the maple or blueberry. That's the prob with Walmart, they don't have a lot of the stuff, and when they do, the next time ya go, they don't.  :angry: