Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902897 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
C'mon down here! I'm showin' 92* and hume point of 70*! Lovely!  :puke:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 69 this morning heading for 88 today they say. Yuck :puke:. It was to warm yesterday. Da wife and I went and picked a gallon of blue berries yesterday afternoon. The berries are starting to ripin now. Boy the deer flies are crazy. Thank goodness I bought us each a hat with headnets. Made it a whole lot more tolerable. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
So where do you go there JB?   I will google it.

Barry, You can camp anywhere you can find a clear spot down there. We usually camp down south of Williams. Otherwise there are some designated campgrounds too. There is the Fuance campground straight south of Williams. Blueberry Hill is a campground along highway 11. There is also a campground over by Norris camp. I the that is called something like Browns or Browns lake campground. There are also camping spots over by the Penturen Church. We just camp in a clear spot along one of the trails. I recall you saying you had a Honda Genny. So you would be all set there. Good luck. The wife and I spend alot of time exploring down there.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Thanks JB.  We have camped at Blueberry Hill a few times.  Fun to be so easy and near home.  I thought you could just pull over and camp where ever there is room.  Seems to easy.  Wasn't sure about it.  We will have to take a drive down into the forest and check it out. Yes it is going to be a hot one today.  We already have the ac on.  Looking like 90 ish.  Not sure which projects I will tackle today.  I need to get plexiglass to fix two windows in the barn.  It's cooler in the garage so I can work on them in there.  Watched the Twins yesterday.  They couldn't quite pull it off.  Fun game though.  We are turning into real fans. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all...  another warm one today here too...  no rain yesterday but some really got hit again...  I did get the yard mowed yesterday when the winds picked up last night, wasn't windy real long but enough to get that done...  did a couple small things already this morning so I will what the rest of the day brings!!!  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning folk. A toasty one here too. Unreal hume and 90's for today. Gonna do nothing again today......washed and cleaned house yday. May putter with some new recipes........keep a cool tool and don't let yer meat loaf.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 70 at choretime heading for a hi in the mid-80's. Humidity's about 75%. Prolly hafta wander out of here after I get done doing payroll & paying some other bills. AC feels mighty nice in the meantime. Finally able to get logged in here. Looks like everything is working good. Hopefully others aren't still getting the "account suspended" screen. Sara at Mt. Pilot must've forgot to plug me in. Things are still a little backwards out here... :confused:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07/15/19, 10:11:14 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
...And Eb is in the kitchen enjoying Missus Douglas's flapcakes... :evil:, while Arnold just hangs out being cool... :rotflmao:

« Last Edit: July 07/15/19, 12:04:43 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Space station makes that long 6 mn viewable trip across the sky tonite at 11:04 PM, if anyone's interested.....

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/view.cfm?country=United_States&region=Minnesota&city=Rochester#.WzyZ4tJKiM8

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, so much for seeing the ISS...getting hammered again here. T Storm warnings out...pouring like a cow. Thunder and lightning....really heavy rains now. Again.
It just doesn't ever end down here. Maybe it never will.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: July 07/16/19, 08:19:53 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 65 this morning heading for near 80 today. Much cooler then yesterday. We got hammered just after 11 yesterday morning. We got around 1.5" of rain out of it. We try to cut the grass last night, but the black biting flies were just nuts. The wife was covered with them while she was mowing. I started spraying the yard again with Talstar and that didn't seem to be helping. Maybe it just needs so time to work. I think I may need to try something else. Them things get just viscous when it gets hot and humid. Bug spray doesn't help them either. Well, enough whining for this morning. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  JB we only got a quarter inch of rain out of that.  It did look a lot darker up by you.  It cooled of 15 degrees here whilst it happened.  I turned off the ac and opened the windows.  An hour later the 84 degree heat and humidity was back so I turned the ac back on.  I am going to get the mower ready to go and mow today or tomorrow.  Here is a test pic of me on the WD.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 69 here going for 85..  some storms rolled threw yesterday, we ended up with a 1/4 inch..  sure was humid yesterday so hoping that's better...  got a few things to do today so onward with the day!!!  have a good day!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 69* at last peek, goin for low 80's. Got out here about 9:30 yday & had a big hollow/dead tree layin across the drive. It was so bad that when we picked up the biggest section it busted into 2 or 3 more.. We had 1.4" in the gauge then we got another .8" yday afternoon between 2:00 & 3:00. That storm had some 60 mph winds with it but the radar showed the big red hook goin just north of us. :happy1: We did have a crack of lightning & some thunder that sounded like it was very close though. We did just( ~ 8:00) have the power blink on & off, just enough to get the genny up & runnin. The lake is up from when we left so I'll be movin the lift in some in the next few days. Did get out for a early boat ride today & the only entertainment I had was the sunrise.  :cool: There's plenty of mower time in my near future so I better roll. Have a good day guys.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lookin good LPS!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
74* and sunny here, headed for 90*. 1.25" in the rain gauge from last nite. Lots more for today coming, so they say. The local wedder guy on TV last nite said we've broken another record; have now received 33" of rain so far YTD, the normal yearly is 32".....think I need to look into buying another boat.  :rolleyes: Glad I mowed the back forty yday. It's el soggo out there right now. Well, just gonna keep cool today. Looks like there's a ham/cheddar/green pepper omelet in my bfast future....
keep cool guys. And JB, maybe you and the missus need a beekeeper's suit and netted safari hat for those flies....have a good one, guys.
« Last Edit: July 07/16/19, 09:07:06 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A belated mornin' gang! I'm getting like glenn: Sleep until noon then take a nap!  :rotflmao: Was 68 at choretime and topped out in the upper 70's. Rain moved in mroe quickly than anticipated so it's down to about 71. Sat thru yet another educational meeting today so I should have enough CEU's to last me several lifetimes. Looking forward to blasting off for Canada hopefully tomorrow nite. Don't care if I fish or not. Just time to get away from people & go hide!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yer really going up to Delmar's, aren't you?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
A belated mornin' gang! I'm getting like glenn: Sleep until noon then take a nap!  :rotflmao: Was 68 at choretime and topped out in the upper 70's. Rain moved in mroe quickly than anticipated so it's down to about 71. Sat thru yet another educational meeting today so I should have enough CEU's to last me several lifetimes. Looking forward to blasting off for Canada hopefully tomorrow nite. Don't care if I fish or not. Just time to get away from people & go hide!  :happy1:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

He'd better hope not!  :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

He'd better hope not!  :rotflmao:
hey dotch, how come you never write/report in your blog/article your escapades while cooking trying to escape the Misses advances????? :scratch: :scratch: :doah: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

oh yea....................have a good time in canada wiggling your wor...........bait!!!!!!!!! :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Becuz his blog is true stuff, not gin-fueled fantasies.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Becuz his blog is true stuff, not gin-fueled fantasies.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  JB we only got a quarter inch of rain out of that.  It did look a lot darker up by you.  It cooled of 15 degrees here whilst it happened.  I turned off the ac and opened the windows.  An hour later the 84 degree heat and humidity was back so I turned the ac back on.  I am going to get the mower ready to go and mow today or tomorrow.  Here is a test pic of me on the WD.

Nice rig you got there Barry!  :happy1: Ever hit any smurfs with it?  :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep lookin good lps, looks to me Dotch took a page otta Glenn's book on his last post!!  :happy1: Have a safe trip to canuckville Dotch!! Afternoon gents,  was gonna do some mow lawning but didn't feel like it, dumped 2.25 out of the guages from yesterday's quick soaking. As Mike would say another day in the books, so now just gotta find something for dinner,  thinking an easy taco night, maybe walleye tomorrow,  then again I might get over ruled.. see ya!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Once I hit what I thought was a big anthill and bent my PTO shaft..   At least I thought it was an anthill?????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Smurf village?  :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Once I hit what I thought was a big anthill and bent my PTO shaft..   At least I thought it was an anthill?????

ouch!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 70 heading for a high of 75 and 80% chance of rain today. Barry looks like a brush hogging machine  :happy1:.  I finished spraying the yard last night with Talstar. Not sure if that is helps with the flies or not, but there were only a couple last night. It was also 10 degrees cooler and less humid, so not sure. Seems to me like the heat really gets them bastards fired up. I ordered another insecticide last night that says it is for the biting flies. Otherwise Reb may be right. Bee keeper suits may be needed. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.