Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903836 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

[/quote] :tut: :tut: :tut: I don't go quiet that easy!!!! :mooning: :mooning:
[/quote]

Even Donald Duck knows that!   

https://youtu.be/H5yIpiQaTuY

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
we had a hard shot about 5. by 5;30 it quit, I actually went out and picked and pulled dill. looks like it could still rain any minute. so far 1 1/2 inches and my water pails are full. that should keep me quiet for a while!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

We'll have to appoint a designated pail filler if that's all it takes!  :rotflmao:

Rainfall has been sporadic here today. Small shower went thru about 9:30 a.m. then it sprinkled on and off after lunch, raining hard for 5 minutes about 3 p.m., drizzling periodically since then. Looked like .15" total or less so far. Still in a tornado watch last I checked until 9 p.m. so keeping my secret decoder ring handy and weather spotter beanie on! Talking another tenth to a quarter inch and judging by the looks of stuff to our west it could happen.

Since I couldn't mow anyway I got a lot of the damage from last Saturday's storm in the yard cleaned up. Sticks, lawnmowers and vinyl siding don't mix. Sticks on top of sticks with some major limbs to contend with. Yanked one large one out of an ash tree that had been hanging there since April with the skidsteer. That one required the chainsaw. Three heaping Gator dumps and a 5 gallon bucket full of ground fall apples later we had it under control. Might be time for a G&T! Might? Hell, it IS!  :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: I don't go quiet that easy!!!! :mooning: :mooning:

So Dotch, how many G & T's does it take to see a tornado  :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Depends on the tornado and how good the gin is!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 62*now & looks like it might not warm up much past 65*. Got a NW wind ~ 10 mph goin already so it's probably really gonna blow later. Our weather yday showed up around 2:30 but didn't amount to squat as I had to look hard to see if there was even any in the gauge. Got a little mowing I can do otherwise nothin planned. Hope your Monday's a good 1. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 62 now heading for a high of 65, nice and cool. Made it home from Effie about 7 last night. We had a good time. Ate to much food and drank to much, but we had a good time. The rodeo was fun to watch too. Tuff to be back at work this morning. I need some more rest after a weekend like that. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
whats the matter JB?  not as young as ya used to be??? :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: i feel your pain!!!!!! :rotflmao:

morning fellers. looks like a nice week ahead. not sure how to act....2 weeks in a row i have no scheduled destinations.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning kiddos. 65* and partly cloudy. The big bad storms missed us. Barely a sprinkle here. Yay! Mid 70's for today with a nice sunny week ahead. Haven't seen one of those all year. Maybe we'll really get dried out! Just like Dotch!   :doah: Glenn suggested I say that.  Looks like clean house day and make a run to the ceme for the watering. Hang loose, dudes.
« Last Edit: July 07/29/19, 08:29:32 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning boys.  I am back home.  Had a great weekend.  Just like JB.  Lot's of food and drink.  We went to bed early last night and both are still tired today.  We left Lake Benton about 7:30 am and got home at 2:30 so 7  hours.  Rained all of the way to Park Rapids and heavy at times.  The new truck was clean as a whistle when we got back home.  Man was that a fun ride with the new truck.  Got 23 mpg on the way home.  Never got over 18 with the GMC.  Only going to get up to 64 here today.  Have to go to town to the bank then groceries then back home to get some stuff done.  We even got a quarter inch of rain after we got home.  The garden needed it.  Not sure what I will make for supper so have to figure that out too. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dotch dry out??? :doah: :scratch: :scratch: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: thats like saying the mississippi ran outta water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :super smiley: :super smiley: :super smiley:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 1.6 inches of rain yesterday  going to 72 today..  mowing will be in my future too!!! just a few small things to do today so just get them done!!  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got home from the campground before the rain started yesterday morning. I dumped up 1.5" last night. Better get some gas for the Toro.

Mike, a co-worker of mine just West of you had just under 3" yesterday.
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Aw hesh up you katchup eating blue twerp!  :tongue:

Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a hi in the mid-70's. .17" of rain at the ranch and a weekend total of .20" in Bugtussle. More looking at snapped off corn, some wheat for potential swathing and of course the never ending battle with soybean aphids. Picked some apples and nannyberries for exhibit at the Freeborn Co. Fair this a.m. Wasn't sure about the nannyberries but I guess they can be made into jams and jellies so they qualify. Normally the birds have them picked off before you'd get a chance. I knew the service berries were made into jam but the berry consuming birds eat them in our yard as quickly as they get ripe. Was also looking for some smurfberries but there must've been an invasion of smurfs! Wonder if there's something I could spray on them?  :confused:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07/29/19, 09:53:32 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
dotch dry out??? :doah: :scratch: :scratch: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: thats like saying the mississippi ran outta water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :super smiley: :super smiley: :super smiley:
  :scratch: Kinda like someone sayin glenn's quite a................................. er a quiet guy. :rolleyes: :tut: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Got home from the campground before the rain started yesterday morning. I dumped up 1.5" last night. Better get some gas for the Toro.

Mike, a co-worker of mine just West of you had just under 3" yesterday.

I believe that, sometimes it's very interesting on the different rain amounts in such a small area...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: Kinda like someone sayin glenn's quite a................................. er a quiet guy. :rolleyes: :tut: ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: someones gotta keep you clowns in line!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning:
« Last Edit: July 07/29/19, 10:00:35 AM by glenn57 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Aw hesh up you katchup eating blue twerp!  :tongue:

Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a hi in the mid-70's. .17" of rain at the ranch and a weekend total of .20" in Bugtussle. More looking at snapped off corn, some wheat for potential swathing and of course the never ending battle with soybean aphids. Picked some apples and nannyberries for exhibit at the Freeborn Co. Fair this a.m. Wasn't sure about the nannyberries but I guess they can be made into jams and jellies so they qualify. Normally the birds have them picked off before you'd get a chance. I knew the service berries were made into jam but the berry consuming birds eat them in our yard as quickly as they get ripe. Was also looking for some smurfberries but there must've been an invasion of smurfs! Wonder if there's something I could spray on them?  :confused:

:nerd: :nerd: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
whats the matter JB?  not as young as ya used to be??? :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: i feel your pain!!!!!! :rotflmao:

morning fellers. looks like a nice week ahead. not sure how to act....2 weeks in a row i have no scheduled destinations.

Most certainly not. Going to hit the big five zero next month.  :crazy:Boy how time flies.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Most certainly not. Going to hit the big five zero next month.  :crazy:Boy how time flies.
youngster!!!!!!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i gotz 12 years experience on ya!!!! but i hear ya!!!!!!! i'm starting to track years of employment left..........not age!!!!!!! :happy1: the number is alot smaller!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh, you actually found a ......er, never mind.   :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Kinda reminds me of the MNO crew.... :rotflmao: :bonk:

https://youtu.be/Bn-tpSSnSrs

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a couple of those names would not fly today........... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Had 47 on the way into work this morning. Felt good. Heading for a high around 70 today. Not much going on here. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 51 going for 75 maybe..  63 in the house and it fells good!!  got a few things done yesterday, but not the mowing so today I'll get that going or even done if it goes good..  not much else going on so have a good day all!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning folk. 52*, sunny, and headed for 72*. Dat's about it for Swampville. Have a good 'un.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 52* at 1st peek, headed for the mid -70's. Feelin a bit like Fall already & lookin at the long range forecast it appears we're about done with hot & humid. :cool: The wind kept most everybody here off the lake yday until late, bet everyone will be out there today. Did a little laundry yday thinkin it's dry fast then it started sprinklin when I got it out on the line. A little mowing  today, maybe. Have a good day. :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, since yer the first one to use the "F" word, Gunner, let's ramp it up a bit and see what the "W" word predicts for temps.........O NOOO! :shocked:  The DEEP FREEZE AGAIN!   :doah:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 07/30/19, 07:32:48 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  SO does that mean below average temps or snow?  After the 92 over the weekend this weather feels great.  I better get to splitting some firewood.  Just going to putz around here today.  Got a few little projects to do.  May have to mow too. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, since yer the first one to use the "F" word, Gunner, let's ramp it up a bit and see what the "W" word predicts for temps.........O NOOO! :shocked:  The DEEP FREEZE AGAIN!   :doah:

PSSST............... :azn:  Temps...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
MEH..........  :pouty: :pouty: they cant get yesterdays forecast right, how they got a clue about 4-6 months for now is beyond me.

morning fellers...............i get to stir da pot today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :rocker;

udder den dat got the lawn mowed last night, picked garden stuff and thinkin some of my garden stuff is about toast. unfortunately Rebs favorite green beans looks like they ran its course and i may be pulling them by the end of the week. my dill will get yanked tonight.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
MEH..........  :pouty: :pouty: they cant get yesterdays forecast right, how they got a clue about 4-6 months for now is beyond me.

morning fellers...............i get to stir da pot today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker; :rocker;

udder den dat got the lawn mowed last night, picked garden stuff and thinkin some of my garden stuff is about toast. unfortunately Rebs favorite green beans looks like they ran its course and i may be pulling them by the end of the week. my dill will get yanked tonight.

Uh...are you saying....that yer pickle......I don't wanna hear it!  :thumbs: