Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902121 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya it's going to be a hot one today.  We have heat warnings till Sunday.  Upper 80's with humidity.  Was outside for awhile but it is already time to turn on the AC.  TGIF.  My ear is plugged so had the wife put drops in it.  Sure hope it clears up.  Driving me batty.  SO Mike do you have a riding lawn mower for when the GF comes over and mows?  If not you better get her one.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yes I do have have riding mower and the snow blower will be on a riding mower too!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 67 here going for 83 today..  got a little rain in Alex while I was there yesterday but none here...  20 miles can be a long way!!!  had to get a new rear tire for the bike yesterday, the old one was rather low on tread!!  nothing special today, got a couple birthday parties to check out..  have a good day all!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I have a birthday to check out today too Mike, the wife's...   Think I will take her to the Falls for brunch at the Chocolate Moose.  Then maybe a little shopping.  Anything she wants to do today.  Gonna be another scorcher here, talking 87 and sunny. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers. a sat and i'm up already???? :doofus: :doofus: :pouty: dang hounds wanted to be fed. :azn: Union picnic today go to that for a bit then back home to another  :campfire: and  :toast:

momma bailed on me yesterday, one of the grandkids had a minor surgery on his nose then babysit today. she'll be home tonight.  just a putz day, take care of garden stuff, get more ready for chasing bears.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 64* when I came in :fishing: Going for mid-80's, I guess. :scratch: A little fog on the lake early but not too bad here. :cool: Sure was a gorgeous sunrise & I was a little surprised with how many others were out. One real little perch early on & some good action at the last spot, then the breeze died. :sad: Not much important goin on here today, so havta see what comes my way. Have a good 1. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just got a call from my friend, he's one of the birthday folks.   one of his sons is in the hospital with a brain tumor, connected to the brain stem maybe...  he needs prayers now...........  the son is an adult, but still..........   ouch.....

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Give the wife a birthday pinch from us lps!! Mornin people's,  71 and thick here on our 2 mile stroll a bit a go. Knocked an ugly lilac tree thing down the other day so today we'll wrap a chain around it and pull the roots out, hopefully they dont run too deep since along tge fence.  Hey gunner,  is that lake pretty clear?? Just wondering why your on and off so early.. Stay hydrated today fellas.  :toast:.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Prayers for sure Mike...ouch.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Give the wife a birthday pinch from us lps!! Mornin people's,  71 and thick here on our 2 mile stroll a bit a go. Knocked an ugly lilac tree thing down the other day so today we'll wrap a chain around it and pull the roots out, hopefully they dont run too deep since along tge fence.  Hey gunner,  is that lake pretty clear?? Just wondering why your on and off so early.. Stay hydrated today fellas.  :toast:.
naw, he figures he can maybe catch the fish getting out of bed early, otherwise there to smart for him!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: seriously though.....I cant believe how clear that water got on sand and little sand after them zeebs showed up.

my thoughts to the guy mike!!!!!!!

LPS..... a pinch for me too!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 80's. Not a lot of major things on tap today but a lot of minor stuff including taking out the garbage, running some errands in town, running the weedeater around the yard, taking mower blades off & sharpening a bunch, changing mower oil, and anything else I find time for, including a nap. By then it'll be chore time again and after that, G&T time!  :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
'Morning folk. Late one for me. Slept in today. Hope the missus has a great Bday, Barry. Sounds like ya got some good plans in place.  A scorcher? You best come down here when it's 95* with 98% hume....that's gettin' pretty scorchy. Headed for 86* today. Of course, since the fishing trip is planned for Monday am, morjits are now squawking severe T-storms now....so we bumped it to Tuesday. River is just about off the "no wake" zone from the floods, should be by then. I don't mind fishing in the rain at all, but not in T-storms. We're going, one way or another. Hope ya'll have a good weekend. I gotta get crackin'....🏃‍♂️
« Last Edit: August 08/03/19, 11:07:42 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, we're closing in on 10 years with the Zeebs, Boober. Like glenn said the water is really clear now, used to be 6-8', maybe 10' max. Now mid-late May & early June some seasons you can see bottom in 20+ fow. Not too hard to find weeds growin down @ 25' or more. Got 40' not much more than 50 yards out front of our place & there's 30' on the other side of our bay. A lot of the channel that leads to the main lake, it must be a mile- mile & a 1/2 is 30-50'. Rare to find  :fish2: in < 15-20' unless there's some chop or the sun's goin down or hasn't come up yet.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, we're closing in on 10 years with the Zeebs, Boober. Like glenn said the water is really clear now, used to be 6-8', maybe 10' max. Now mid-late May & early June some seasons you can see bottom in 20+ fow. Not too hard to find weeds growin down @ 25' or more. Got 40' not much more than 50 yards out front of our place & there's 30' on the other side of our bay. A lot of the channel that leads to the main lake, it must be a mile- mile & a 1/2 is 30-50'. Rare to find  :fish2: in < 15-20' unless there's some chop or the sun's goin down or hasn't come up yet.
That's what I thought,  you do much for raps off the dock? Or long lining on any sand in the dark, that can be fun..

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 here going for 84..  talking rain tonight and tomorrow...  we will see what we get...  sure was nice yesterday, a little humid but good..  today looks to be the same today...  maybe a little mowing today but not much else I think..  have a good day all!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  Made mistake of reading headlines right away. El paso, Texas...and same thing happened overnite in Dayton, Ohio. No words to express it.  :cry:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya what is with all of these wackos shooting people.  I read awhile back that the worst thing about the Columbine shootings is that it started a trend.  Now we have to learn how to deal with the aftermath of these shootings.  So sad.  Another hot one today but at least there is a breeze.  I did pinch the wife and she gave me a funny look so I told her about youse guys.  LOL  Had a fun day.  Not much going on today.  Waiting for the highs to be in the 70's which has now been pushed back till Wed.  Then I will get more energized. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Where did you pinch her?  :evil:
Thought about you last nite...was using the Nitecore Tac lite. Boy, I like those!  Use yers much?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/04/19, 08:14:14 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 66* & gonna be in the mid-80's here again. Felt a touch on the warm & sticky side here yday to me. Looks like our best chance for some rain today is this afternoon. Hope so, we could use some. Got my boat ride in again today. :cool: A little action but no  :fish2:, still nice out there. Nothin on the list today. Hope your Sunday's a good 1 :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I thought,  you do much for raps off the dock? Or long lining on any sand in the dark, that can be fun..
No, going to have to give those a try.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Where did you pinch her?  :evil:
Thought about you last nite...was using the Nitecore Tac lite. Boy, I like those!  Use yers much?

Yes I do Rebs.  We always have one when we are traveling too.  Great lights. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 66 at choretime heading for a hi in the mid-80's. Humudidity back up so AC back on. Appears we should see some rain overnite into tomorrow. Overachieved yesterday. Discovered I'd already sharpened a couple sets of blades for Whitey so after swapping them out I mowed El Capitan. Grass & nutsedge in the bottom was a foot tall in places. Amazing what the old piece of junk will go thru with sharp blades. Plenty of stuff left on the slate for today so will start off slow and hopefully taper off from there.  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers, I little on slow today. the heat and humidity got to me last nite. :confused: :confused: and I didn't really hit it all that hard.

just some puttering today. gotta make some pickled cuke spears. num num.

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning gang. I know it been a while since I’ve posted but life has been busy with the shop, mom and the new GF. Nothing new on this part of the country just went to Erie for the weekend to take her on the wine trail. We went to 10 different wineries and came home with 3 cases of wine. Y’all have a good day.

[attachment deleted by admin]
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
way to go Coffee, me my GF are having fun too!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  good to hear from ya!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice!!! :happy1: :happy1: I'm gonna be needing some coffee in a month or so, so pay attention. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

By the way, that new GF, shut down that Minnesota fishing trip. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
way to go Coffee, me my GF are having fun too!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  good to hear from ya!!!
:pouty: :pouty: way TMI!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice!!! :happy1: :happy1: I'm gonna be needing some coffee in a month or so, so pay attention. :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

By the way, that new GF, shut down that Minnesota fishing trip. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Nope still going, I let her know that there is no tv at the resort and it’s a long ways away from any shopping and she told me to have fun and see you in a week.  :sleazy:
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

poor baby!!!!!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  always alone!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy: :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Gad, this is turning into the Hallmark channel..... :kiss:         :rotflmao: :rotflmao: