Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901992 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
mornin all, 62 here going for 84 today and yup some cooler tomorrow..  the rain missed us too for the most part..  the little that we got didn't even show in the rain gauge...  taking the GF in to get a new knee wrap..  custom fit to her knee..  then check out the Sam's club in St. Cloud..  have a good day all!!!
i was wondering why there was more of a police presence the closer i got to st cloud this morning?????????????? :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :moon: :moon:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just getting ready to leave now so bring it on!!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I imagine becuz they heard there was a smurf continually  dropping his drawers and shooting the moon.... ;)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 62 here going for 84 today and yup some cooler tomorrow..  the rain missed us too for the most part..  the little that we got didn't even show in the rain gauge...  taking the GF in to get a new knee wrap..  custom fit to her knee..  then check out the Sam's club in St. Cloud..  have a good day all!!!
i was wondering why there was more of a police presence the closer i got to st cloud this morning?????????????? :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :moon: :moon:
  :scratch: They :police: heard about all the trouble you like to start :tut: & that you were on the way. ;) :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Thought I should check in with ya.  The well drillers are here drilling for water not oil.  I have a lawn chair out there and am enjoying watching but they made me tired and hungry so came in for a ham sandwich.  We are down 100' so far.  Many in this area are over 200'.  I hope it goes well so it doesn't cost me a fortune. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
A ham sandwich at 10:20 am?  :scratch:   

Have you asked them if it's true about the phrase "Colder than a well-driller's a**?"   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/06/19, 10:38:47 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  Just had some of my ring bologna with a couple of eggs.  Getting the boat ready to head up to Duluth to fish with my wife and brother.  Probably Island Lake.  Going for action basicly and maybe get some walleye's by accident that way.  Lot's of nice smallmouth there.  Not unusual to get on around 20 inches there.  Wife got a 21 incher last time there and that was off shore.  Supposed to get to the mid 70's and sunny.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A ham sandwich at 10:20 am?  :scratch:   

Have you asked them if it's true about the phrase "Colder than a well-driller's a**?"   :rotflmao:
i thought you went fishing??????? you a noon to 2 fisherperson???????? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Reiny...........................i hear island lake up there can be so hit and miss........and usually miss???? but when you do get fish there nice. that your take on the lake. i hear alot of people fish it too?????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
MY FISHING BUDDY GETS DONE WORK AT NOON....IS THAT OK WITH YOU?

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Thought I should check in with ya.  The well drillers are here drilling for water not oil.  I have a lawn chair out there and am enjoying watching but they made me tired and hungry so came in for a ham sandwich.  We are down 100' so far.  Many in this area are over 200'.  I hope it goes well so it doesn't cost me a fortune.

Who is drilling the well for ya Barry? Calder did our well up by the lake. We are just under a 100' down. Awesome Water!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
MY FISHING BUDDY GETS DONE WORK AT NOON....IS THAT OK WITH YOU?
ok I guess!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: good luck

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Kolstad and Olson out of Cook is doing the drilling.  I am sure it will be well over 200'.  I am expecting 10 - 12 grand.  This area is a hard place to find water so need to drill down to and into the rock. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Kolstad and Olson out of Cook is doing the drilling.  I am sure it will be well over 200'.  I am expecting 10 - 12 grand.  This area is a hard place to find water so need to drill down to and into the rock.
dang LPS thats a lot of cash. you may need to spend weekends pimping yourself in I FALLS, Warroad and even down in Ely!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY! That's a good idea Glenn....    :sleazy:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 63 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 80's. Nice rain as it turned out. Looked a little ferocious at 1st but came through in about 4 waves. 1.36" at the ranch and .95" in Bugtussle. Not that it was really needed but nice to have some in reserve if August turns off the spigot as it sometimes does. Glenn stirring the pot? RH fishing? Barry supervising well drilling? Eating ham sandwiches? Considering prostitution? Looks like it's been another action packed morning here as usual!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Yikes! that is a lot of cha ching. Glad it wasn't like that up here by the lake. All the wells up here are artisan wells to boot.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

It's funny.  They did my buddy's well. $$$ went to max 350 feet and then had to frack.   The place in between us they only had to go down about 200 feet.   But the fracked well has a better flow, although it has a fair amount of iron in the water.   

They do good work.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear that Del.  They are down 140' and hitting some soft rock.  It is cheaper for them to drill in rock cuz then I don't have to buy casing for in the rock.  $44 a foot when using casing and $22 a foot in rock where casing isn't needed.  It's a racket.  AND thankfully I am retired so I have time to sell my body, supervise these guys and take a nap besides.   :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sell them ham sandwiches and smoothies. $100 an inch/ounce.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/06/19, 06:43:40 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Good mornin guys, at it a little early today as we had some thunder boomers roll through in the middle of the night so no boat ride this morning. Looks like we got a shade over a 1/2" to me, we needed it. :happy1: It's 63* now & goin for low 70"s, they're sayin. Grocery day so we'll be roadtrippin again today. Not much else from this neck of the woods. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 heading for 69. Nice cool down. We got a shot of rain around 1 this AM. About a 1/4". We need it for sure. Another 1/2" or so would be good. Well, I managed to score a bear surplus tag yesterday. Not sure how because the system crashed on the lady when she was doing it. But I got lucky. So I bought a couple lottery tickets also to see if the luck was still rolling. Here's to dreaming. :toast: Now da fun begins. How deep did the well end up being Barry? Have a good day boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, no rain here, would have been nice to get some..  cooler today here too..  saying only 78 here today..  grocery say here too..  went Sam's yesterday and was not impressed with the meat department and the prices they charge.. oh well..  glad I don't have to pay a membership fee.  have a good day all!! 

oh and good going JB on the bear tag!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  They are down 270'.  They will check today to see how much water seeped or flowed into the well overnight.  Hope it looks good.  They are close to our old well so that muddied up the water that we still rely on.  Will be glad when it is all over.  Sure hoping we don't have to pay to have them frack this new well.   Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. 64* and suns coming up in a clear sky. Still pretty hume out, wish it would blow away soon. Headed for mid 80's again. It was a broiler out on the lake yday, 85* and really hume. Tomorrow though, so say the morjits, mid 70's for a high. Way to score on the Yogi tag, JB!   Stay lucky! Good luck on the well, Barry...hope they can hold off where they're at.  Off to Wabasha with a buddy this morning to scatter my cousins ashes in the Mississippi, as was his request. (So I was told..he lived in Santa Fe, NM)) Buried his mom and dad (my aunt and uncle) last week...so I'll finally have that chapter closed. Afterwards, lunch at Slippery's in Wabasha. Will haveta pick up a Catfish Hunter/Grumpy old men T-shirt... :laugh:
Have a good one, guys.
« Last Edit: August 08/07/19, 07:47:06 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sure wish we could get some rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :confused: :confused:

morning fellers nuttin exciting in my world todasy. gotta go see a p harmissts today as my A1C spiked a bit, then go to menards to buy a new beer frig.  :crazy: and try to keep the garden from drying up!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 66 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 80's. Took the rain out of the forecast until Friday nite so that was a green light to cut hay today, rake tomorrow & probably bale Friday. Anybody looking for something to do on Friday?  :evil: I think it would be an excellent way to get that A1C down glenn. First ya gotta lay off all them carbs!  :tut:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :taz: :taz: :taz: :banghead: :banghead: sorry i'm busy......or i'd be on my way!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :mooning: :mooning:

i can give up and cut back on alot of things...............AINT NO WAY i'm giving up my noodles and taters!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure was a nice day to be on the river for an ashes scatter.....and lunch at Slippery's was great.  *urp*  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
other than the sad part. Glad it was a good day for ya!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, JB.  Nice to get outta this town for awhile!!!  🏃‍♂️    Sure was hot & humid again!