Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902660 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 62 going for 72 and saying rain again..  it's showing up on radar but I don't see any!!  well off to New Hope this morning for a funeral, late wife's step Dad passed away...  not much else going on so have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck on the lower back Mike, hope all is well!! Morning peoples , good thing we arrived early yesterday in kandiyohi county to get all the yard work done, the rain doesn't appear to stop til later on. At least it'll keep the skiers and tubers off so maybe the lake wont be ripped up so bad later on. Might as well whip up a massive breakfast wait it out.. See ya!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

And you guys really save that much money running to 3 different stores?? :crazy: :crazy:
No runnin involved for us as we drive right by all of 'em. :doofus: :rolleyes: :laugh: Is that really :scratch: the same guy who won't replace his canning rings, @ $1.89/box of 12  ? :confused: :tut: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ;)
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:
:scratch: You know if you saved $10 your groceries ONCE every 2 years you'd probably be able to get rid of AT LEAST 1/2 of those old rusty things. :bonk:  :doofus:  :rolleyes: :crazy: :sleazy: :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:
« Last Edit: August 08/10/19, 07:51:55 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :tut: :tut: :tut: they still serve a good workable purpose. No sense in throwing something out that still works for me. :mooning: :mooning:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, but ya don't wanna get food poisoning, either...the tiniest leak... :puke:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I like a chunk of braunschweiger now and then.  I like a sandwich with miracle whip and sliced homemade dill pickles on it too.  That makes the sandwich to me.  I remember that stuff Rebs.  Now I want me some of that too.  Got some firewood cut and split yesterday.  Felt good.  And I got on the ladder and trimmed some dead pine branches too.  Looks a lot better.  I have sausage links simmering now to have with eggs and toast.  No smoothie today.  Then gonna go cut some more wood and the wife can have a fire burning the brush.  Although I think we are in a dry spell so not sure about the fire.  Also I have to go feed the neighbors pigs and pick eggs from the cool hen house they have and feed their dogs.  I am going to try and get the wife go in a pick the eggs.  LOLOL  She hates chickens since she had to care for them on the farm when she was a kid.  I will let you know how that turns out.  We can have any eggs we pick too.   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's why I do the easy method,  refrigerator pickles,  salsa and what not. Its usually gone in a month anyhow..

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
As long as the rings tighten, they don't affect the seal. The lids should be new every time.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's why I do the easy method,  refrigerator pickles,  salsa and what not. Its usually gone in a month anyhow..
I do them too!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
As long as the rings tighten, they don't affect the seal. The lids should be new every time.
I put new lids on everything that has to seal. when I pickle green beans, asparagus, or fish I don't. no need to. when a sealed jar of something is opened,and then empty I wash and put the used lid back on the jar, seal material up, put ring on to keep the jar clean!!!!!

morning fellers a nice slow soaking in rain happening here. I strategically planned things to do in the garage today, so plenty of puttering out there later. gotta go get some gas for the lawnmower and 4 wheelers for bear baiting, then get my anterless app in.

gonna be a crazy 2 weeks coming up. next week is a trip back down to red wing Monday, Tuesday a meeting in st cloud, wed and Thursday are fargo and Bismarck. get home early Friday and head north for baiting.

following week back to red wing another meeting in st cloud Tuesday, then head to Duluth for 3 days, back over to  the cabin to bait on Friday!!!!!! SHEEZ , i'm tired of driving just typing this!!!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/10/19, 10:37:07 AM by Rebel SS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sometimes the life of a union thug ain't all its cracked up to be  :mooning: :mooning:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 and rain at choretime heading for a hi in the low 70's. .20" of rain at the ranch, .30" in the gauge in Bugtussle. Heading that direction shortly. Got hay baled yesterday. A lot of work for not much hay. Nice stuff tho. Hopefully the rain leaves me alone long enough so I can get it fertilized and take a better 3rd cutting. Better get on my horse. Need to get more jelly for the orioles, pick up something to grill at the meat market & grab some sweet corn on my way by. Haven't decided if I want to go the cheap route and help myself to several of the patches where it's been offered for nada or pay neighbor Bob who also told me to just take it. He doesn't know it but I sneak back and pay him anyway when he gives it to me.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/10/19, 11:36:23 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought some sweet corn from a couple young gals who are set up at the intersection of Hwys 13 and 30. That is some excellent corn, best I've had all year.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
When we headed up to Wabasha the other day, thru Kellogg, Plainview, Potsdam, etc., I think there was a farm truck/stand on almost every corner selling corn. No shortage of fresh corn along the way in those little river towns!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sometimes the life of a union thug ain't all its cracked up to be  :mooning: :mooning:
got that right!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought some sweet corn from a couple young gals who are set up at the intersection of Hwys 13 and 30. That is some excellent corn, best I've had all year.
sure you stopped fer the corn?????????? :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard he circled around and stopped 5 times.... :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
NOPE, these girls were young young. Meaning you would get locked up just for looking.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Those young ladies are destined to break a lot of hearts before it's all said and done, probably including those of their parents.  :rotflmao: I just about stopped there when I came to town. Got some stuff at DG first and when I came out they must've taken a lunch break. That or they were out of corn so they might've gone back out to the farm to reload. They've got a helluva spot there. Old farts keep craning their necks to ogle them and they're bound to cause accidents!  :shocked:
« Last Edit: August 08/10/19, 01:16:18 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Close call for ya, huh?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nope, I know their parents and one of them is a customer.  :angel:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Don't you have some rusty jar rings to steel wool?  :tongue:  :moon:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:nerd: :nerd: nope!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

They add a piquant earthy flavor.... :rolleyes:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Electric fence designed to keep small woodland creatures out of neighbor Bob's sweet corn patch... :evil:

« Last Edit: August 08/10/19, 03:55:06 PM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a little fog this morning..  63 going for 80 today.. ended up with maybe .3 of rain yesterday, better than nothing..   maybe grass cutting today..  have a good day...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!