Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902253 times)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Neener neener.   Not dead yet....  I feel good, better than James Brown....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdf5EXo6I68
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TxHInkyNpg

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Good enough to throw a dance for all of MNO? See if ya can guess which one is Glenn... :cry:

https://youtu.be/AjPau5QYtYs

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh and still alive and functioning.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, that's a start. Had yearly eye test at MAYO. Friggin'  eyedrops take forever to wear off on me. Can't see worth a darn.... :censored:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Omg you guys are funny, 131 for 24hrs who woulda thunk.. if I know my innards I'd be chitting thru a screen door after that. After morning peoples!! Been a long week, but it's been a quick summer it seems,  good luck and have fun Dotch,  I'm sure the Mrs. Will pin you down for making water when you get back  :happy1:. Dumped out an inch of precip this afternoon from last night, we needed it. Looks like pizza tonight and a big bowl of vanilla and peanuts during the game later, just hope I can make it to later..getting up at 2 every morning will do that to one.. Later gents!!   Oh yeah,  almost forgot I sure like to get the Mrs. All revved up over something as simple as this!!

« Last Edit: August 08/16/19, 05:55:03 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Let's just souse him.  Should last forever!!!  I would say 130 should work.  MRD!  Medium Rare Del.  LOL  Del I like the souse idea just wanted to join in the fun. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Omg you guys are funny, 131 for 24hrs who woulda thunk.. if I know my innards I'd be chitting thru a screen door after that. After morning peoples!! Been a long week, but it's been a quick summer it seems,  good luck and have fun Dotch,  I'm sure the Mrs. Will pin you down for making water when you get back  :happy1:. Dumped out an inch of precip this afternoon from last night, we needed it. Looks like pizza tonight and a big bowl of vanilla and peanuts during the game later, just hope I can make it to later..getting up at 2 every morning will do that to one.. Later gents!!   Oh yeah,  almost forgot I sure like to get the Mrs. All revved up over something as simple as this!!

HAHAHAHAHHAAAAAA!   That's great!!!  :laughroll:
« Last Edit: August 08/16/19, 06:24:45 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Got the topper on the truck at Radco in Brainerd/Baxter.  What a great place.  They are young people but professional and did great work.  Showed me the fuses for the inside lights and how they plugged into the Ram already there plug ins and I appreciate that.  Would recommend them to anyone.  On the other hand we ate lunch at Grizzlies.  Used to eat at the one in Hinckley years ago and loved it.  This is the second time we have eaten at the one in Brainerd and won't be back.  I had a rib eye sandwich.  It said sliced thin and piled high or something like that.  It was chopped into such fine pieces that I couldn't even dip it in the clear au jus or the chopped butt roast tasting meat fell right out of the sandwich.  No fat at all just very lean meat that had nothing to do with a ribeye.  $13.95.  I will gladly pay extra for something good but this was bad.  The wife had a sandwich that had bacon on it.  She asked if I wanted a piece of bacon.  It tasted like they had sprayed it with some kind of fake smoke and other flavors and I could only eat one bite.  That has never happened before in my life that I could only eat one bite of bacon.  Her sandwich also $13.95..   The did have good chicken wild rice soup.   We will now be going to the Black Bear from now on.  They have good food. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe ya better stay away from places with Bear in the name.  :rotflmao:
That's why I don't go to chains like Applebee's, etc.  Local owned ones always seem to be far better, with yers being the exception.  :angry:
« Last Edit: August 08/16/19, 06:52:23 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AND I want to add to the critique on Grizzly's..   The young guy that was the host was very friendly and professional, great guy.  Our waiter also was as friendly and professional as you could ask for.  We still left a nice tip due to them not the food. 
« Last Edit: August 08/16/19, 06:57:09 PM by LPS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe ya better stay away from places with Bear in the name.  :rotflmao:
That's why I don't go to chains like Applebee's, etc.  Local owned ones always seem to be far better, with yers being the exception.  :angry:

BTW the denny's at miracle mile is good.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll go 6 blocks north and take Charlie's.  :smiley:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Isn't that the place we went to last fall? It was delish!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Isn't that the place we went to last fall? It was delish!  :happy1:

Yup! One of the best eateries in CAWchester!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: August 08/17/19, 05:45:38 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin', folk. 57* and headed for 82*. Looks clear out, nice ol' yaller moon high in the SW sky. Sun ain't up yet. Talkin' T-storms tomorrow.  Lotsa putzy stuff to do today. Run to ceme, go grab some cawn off a farm truck somewhere, grab a few grocery items, stop at a buddy's...chicky on the grill  with the cawn later. Was over at my neighbor buddies last nite, he had just pulled in with one of the brand new Ranger 4x4's. I want one!!! Man, is that nice!!!And plenty of room inside, unlike my old Ranger. But the price....sheesh! I'd haveta hit Glenn up for a loan... :rotflmao:
Have a good weeknd, guys.

« Last Edit: August 08/17/19, 06:07:13 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 here going for 83..  talking rain maybe tonight..  got a few small things to do today but nothing major.. sure is nice outside this morning..  well time for more coffee!!  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice day here too.  Saying 90% chance of rain here today.  My fingers are crossed but may not be too good for bear baiters.  Although using a barrel helps with that .  I think I will putz in the garage on my tractor some more.  Got the PTO gear box done so now I need to fix the hose on my pump.  It is getting pretty worn so need to fix it before it breaks on it's own.  Save me some oil.  I saw one of those Rangers at the dealership at I Falls Rebs.  That is a real nice looking truck. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Nice morning. Been putzing with picnic basket stuff already this morning. Getting ready to go set some out for Yogi. Hopefully get done before the rain gets here. I know my luck though. Guess I better bring some dry clothes too. Well, off to start the adventure. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, had 63* @ 1st glance & headed for lower 80's.  Some rain in the forecast for us too but not 'til ~ 8, I hear.  :scratch: The last of our company just headed down the driveway, so back to normal as the 1st bunch struck out shortly before 4 am. Went out early, sure was a bright moon & a pretty sunrise, had some action :Fish: but only managed to boat 1 little eye. Only thing really goin on here today is the annual meeting for the lake association. That's it from here, hope your Saturday's a good 1 :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh Oh  I am itching all over my feet and arms.  I have the Poison Ivy crud.  Darn.  Glad I have some Technu Poison Ivy cleaner.  That stuff works great.  I am going to rub down with it and let it soak for a few minutes then hit the shower.  Will let you know how it works.  No Pics will be taken.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
How they hey did ya get that, or do we dare ask?

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh boy, I hate that stuff LPS.  When I got it years ago I broke out bad.  I guess it's worse for folks with fair skin.  Was going to go fishing today but my wife needs meds so I'm sticking around.  I think I"ll work in the garage today and clean it up some more.  Gradually getting rid of junk in the basement also.  My kids stuff stored " to be picked up later" from years ago.  Looks like nice weather for all.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have it in our woods  I try to spray it but never get it all  I don't get it as bad as I used to.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had it really bad once after walking thru a field looking for a spot to pitch a tent. Still not sure what it was, think poison oak, but it was BAD.  Had to endure it all weekend. :censored:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We used to have it on the edge of our property here & it seemed like all my uncle, mom, brother, & now my sister have to do is look at it to get it. :doah: :tut: So they always mowed in long pants & long sleeves, me on the other hand could always do it in shorts & a T-shirt. :confused: So now I do most all the mowing.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard you could get it from your pets also if they run through it and get some of that oil on them and you touch them.  Never burn the stuff and inhale the smoke from that.  Can get in your lungs which is the worst.  good luck.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard you could get it from your pets also if they run through it and get some of that oil on them and you touch them.  Never burn the stuff and inhale the smoke from that.  Can get in your lungs which is the worst.  good luck.

I have heard that too.  Also just because you didn't react one time doesn't mean you won't next time.   Anti Histamines like Benadryl or Zyrtec can also help reduce the itching.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup you can go for a year or two or more with not much of an effect.  But then for a year or two etc you may be more sensitive to it.  The Technu brand stuff is a life saver.  I haven't gotten the ivy for a few years but that stuff is always in our medicine supplies.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Internet service on the road is catch as catch can. Running my hotspot. Just make sure you guys let me know which funeral home to send flowers for Delbert to!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)