Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902470 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 56* to start & we might break 60*, I hear. :scratch: Like mike & boober, I just dumped 1.1" out of our gauge. More on the way this afternoon too. No boat time this am again :sad: as we've got a pretty steady(~10) westerly wind goin already. "Sposed to really blow later today & into tomorrow too. Looks like a mike type day here, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sounds like gunner and I have will have similar day.. got a few small things to do but nothing major..  mostly indoor house cleaning.  same here for weather, getting windy and a chance of rain this afternoon..   have a good day all!!  good lookin rainbow to markn!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. A cool one here too.  We got an inch of rain yesterday and last night.  I did get 12 round bales unloaded for the horses.  I have another 12 to unload today.  The WD is running good.  Especially that new hand clutch assy that I got fixed this summer.   :happy1:  Puddles out there yet so I will let it dry up some before I go out and make a mess.  SO I am going to take it easy for awhile.   :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers............ trip to sioux falls got postponed. well back to some serious union thuggery!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  We are babysitting my daughters lab this week while they are off to Maine.  I knew their lab [8 years old] was acting slugish about a month ago when we took care of him.  Since then I found out he has diabetes.  A week later he became blind.  Really sad to see the once very active lab become just a shell of himself.  Walking around the house and banging his head gently to get around with some help from me.  I take him out with leash so he doesn't fall off any boarder walls back there.  He does alright with the steps and we help him out by saying step, step ect.  I think my daughter knows she has to make a choice soon.  It's always very hard and it hurts for some time.  good luck.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow that really hurts just to read that Reinhard..  that is so sad, dogs are such good and giving friends to us...  hoping for the best for ya all..

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad, Reiny.
On a happier note.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  We are babysitting my daughters lab this week while they are off to Maine.  I knew their lab [8 years old] was acting slugish about a month ago when we took care of him.  Since then I found out he has diabetes.  A week later he became blind.  Really sad to see the once very active lab become just a shell of himself.  Walking around the house and banging his head gently to get around with some help from me.  I take him out with leash so he doesn't fall off any boarder walls back there.  He does alright with the steps and we help him out by saying step, step ect.  I think my daughter knows she has to make a choice soon.  It's always very hard and it hurts for some time.  good luck.
man oh man that bites. i hate that thought.

my 2 are getting up there in age and i see it coming and totally dread the thought. my lab has a tough time coming up the steps, i have a split foyer so its in the house and up or down, no choice or the deck and that is all up. my sheltie doesnt have many teeth left but still manages Ok. its a beech loading them in the truck but heaven forbid if they didnt go with !!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Terrible news RH.  Good luck to you and your Daughter on this.  There is no exact right time sometimes neither.  When is the animal not happy or in pain?  I hate making that decision. I am nearing that decision on one of ours too. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about the Lab RH. Dogs give you a kind of love nothing else can match.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Very sad RH, I cant touch too much on this subject with out welling up myself, good luck,  just remember we owe it to them..  Man did it rain and hail in Bloomington this afternoon,  small hail but it came down hard. 8 miles south at home...nuttin.

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Not even my dog.  I hate the term dog.  Hell to me it's a family member always.  Not the same species but the same emotions.  My daughters family members name is Hank.  I've known him since he was a pup.  He is the one that want's your contact.  Followes me every place I go even now with being blind.  I talked to him today.  Tears in my eye's.  He know's me but doesn't know his way around. Told him that I love him and he will always be in my heart even though I know My daughter will take care of him till it is not possible.  Hug your family member every day.  They will love you always regardless of your daily events.  Lucy is my family member who is 7 and I think she knows Hanks condition.  I will love her in the hardest times.  Because she loves me and my wife even stronger if that is possible.  Take care of you family members always.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn right.  That's not just a dog, it's Hank!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very well said Reinhard...........  my prayers again...

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 54* & gonna make 68*, they're sayin. :scratch: Not sure I believe THAT :rolleyes: the way the NW wind is howlin(15-20) already. Not even sure we made 60* yday but if we did it wasn't by much. We did have another .2" in the gauge today. There wasn't much else happenin so we went to town yday & we weren't the only ones with that idea. We're putting some new lights on the little trailer we used last week & needed a couple things to finish it. So that'll be the project for early today. Not much else from here, hope your day is a good 1. :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 52 here going for 72  got to 63 yesterday with some rain..  not sure how much but got some..  have to check the rain gauge..  going to town today and get things ready for this weekends company..  would like to get the yard mowed today or tomorrow at the latest..  have a good day all!!!

looks like .25 inch of rain for us...
« Last Edit: August 08/28/19, 07:34:39 AM by mike89 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning all. A coolish 53* and sunny, headed for 72*. Grocery stock up time for Fall day. Gonna cut and freezer wrap some meat. Maybe mow the lawn, then head out to visit Mom. Have a  good day, all.
« Last Edit: August 08/28/19, 07:53:48 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Back to the grind after our vacation. Had a good time at the Soudan state park campground. Nice campground. Went on the mine tour. I wish it lasted longer, would have liked to spend more time down there. My wife and Grandson chickened out, but the rest of us went. Unfortunately it rained pretty much all day there. I can tell it rained a ton here at home also. Lots of water in the fields and ditches. I hear Roosevelt got 3" of rain and Williams 1.5". I think we are some where in between. Going to go check the bear baits after work tonight. Hope there is some action now. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I have always wanted to go on the Soudan Mine tour JB.  We camped at Eveleth a few years ago and almost made it but ran out of time.  We are thinking of hitting Noma Lake this weekend.  I want to try out the new truck pulling the camper.  We ended up with 1.436" of rain here in my precise gauge.  LOL  Still windy here.  Has been windy day and night for about 4 or 5 days now and is supposed to go all week with the wind.  It was down to 67 in the house this morning so I just fired up the furnace to see if it works ok.  No way will our house get down to Mikeys comfortable 63 degrees unless the furnace conks out.  LOL  I don't know what I will do today?  It is so wet out I don't want to cut wood.  Maybe I will head to town since youse guys are.  Could use some supplies.  Have a good one all of you.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
noma lake huh???? dats about 15-20 miles nort of where i'll be!!!!!!!!

morning fellers. think i be finally getting caught up. :doofus: but chaos is only a phone call away!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: gotta be in Hagar City by 6;30 am tomorrow morning!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :doofus: :doofus: then its time to head nort!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good time for furnace checks! Mines getting the go-thru next week before the warranty's off.
I'm with Mikey; my T-stat is set at 64* all winter and that's where it stays!  :cheesy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
64???  Man you guys.  Do you wear 2 pairs of pajamas? 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

morning fellers. think i be finally getting caught up. :doofus: but chaos is only a phone call away!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: gotta be in Hagar City by 6;30 am tomorrow morning!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :doofus: :doofus: then its time to head nort!!!!!!!!!!!
:bonk: Noooooo!! Not already. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:bonk: Noooooo!! Not already. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:
:happy1: :happy1: you got it bubba for 6 straight days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mooning: :happy1: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker;

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 54 at choretime heading for a hi in the low to mid 70's. Finished mowing El Capitan last nite after chores & repairing the fence at home.  :angry: :deer:  Left the windows shut last nite. Was 65 in the house so didn't see the need to cool it down any more than that. Nite before I left the winders open. In the morning I was seated in the oval office and I heard a little *tink* sound coming from the hallway. Noise was the thermostat. Must've forgot to shut the floor heat off this spring!  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Back to the grind after our vacation. Had a good time at the Soudan state park campground. Nice campground. Went on the mine tour. I wish it lasted longer, would have liked to spend more time down there. My wife and Grandson chickened out, but the rest of us went. Unfortunately it rained pretty much all day there. I can tell it rained a ton here at home also. Lots of water in the fields and ditches. I hear Roosevelt got 3" of rain and Williams 1.5". I think we are some where in between. Going to go check the bear baits after work tonight. Hope there is some action now. Have a good one boys.

They have a new tour, the geology walking tour.   
----------------------
The tour explores how geologists found the iron ore buried deep in the Earth’s crust. Visitors don hard hats and enter a "cage" for the half mile descent into the mine. Once underground visitors search for geologic clues on a ¾ mile walk that follows the route miners took to work each day. They will also discover the tools that the mine used in their exploration for the iron ore. At the end of the tour, visitors will ride a train back to the beginning of their journey. It will involve walking on uneven surfaces in a cold, dark and wet environment. The tour is available for individuals 10 years of age and older. Call the park at 218-300-7000 for more info.

2 hours for the tour.
Close space for the three-minute ride down into the mine and two narrow spiral staircases.
Tours run Wednesdays only, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., May 29 through September 25.
The mine is 51 F year-around, remember to bring a warm jacket and sturdy shoes.
Reserve online  or by calling 866-857-2757.

--------
also science tour...

This science tour starts with a cage ride to the 27th level of the mine where visitors enter the former physics lab to learn about the major experiments that were conducted there. Participants will also learn how scientists are using bacteria found in the mine in the search for a treatment for white nose syndrome (a fungal disease affecting bats), an alternative energy source or a means of purifying water.

80 minutes for the tour.
Close space for the three-minute ride down into the mine.
Tours run daily from 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m., Memorial Day weekend to September 2.
The mine is 51 F year-around, remember to bring a warm jacket and sturdy shoes.
Reserve online  or by calling 866-857-2757.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
From pebbles to pollo.....

Went to Aldi's this am for a big chicken thigh sale they were having. Family pks of thighs
.79 lb..... I had to check it out. Ended up buying  2 pks, one 5 3/4 lb'er for $4.55, another for $4.90. Nicest, biggest thighs I have EVER seen! (chicken, Glenn) Saran wrapped , freezer wrapped, and packed in pkgs of 3, becuz they were so big. Less than $10 for a pile of chicky....Freezer is almost full! I'm really starting to love that place!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Went to Aldi's this am for a big chicken thigh sale they were having. Family pks of thighs
.79 lb..... I had to check it out. Ended up buying  2 pks, one 5 3/4 lb'er for $4.55, another for $4.90. Nicest, biggest thighs I have EVER seen! (chicken, Glenn) Saran wrapped , freezer wrapped, and packed in pkgs of 3, becuz they were so big. Less than $10 for a pile of chicky....Freezer is almost full! I'm really starting to love that place!  :happy1:
HUH  :scratch: :scratch: WHAT  :scratch: :scratch: :doah:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea that mine tour is cool!!!  did it many years ago...  Hey LPS the temp in the house in the winter is 68, it just feels good in the summer mornings!!  and pajamas???   :rotflmao: :happy1:

and we hit Aldi's too..  got some good buys again!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

HUH  :scratch: :scratch: WHAT  :scratch: :scratch: :doah:

What is yer problem now???!?!! keerist!!!  :banghead: