Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901609 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 54 here going for 68..  along with a 70% chance for rain!!  oh well it's Minnesota!   :rotflmao:  got things pretty much ready for company today, just finish up a few small things..   on of which is get an egg bake ready to cook tomorrow morning..  doing it with pulled pork this time.. try something different..  have a good day!!!  and a great holiday weekend too!!! :happy1:

now they dropped the rain chance to 20%..  :happy1:
« Last Edit: August 08/31/19, 08:16:31 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 50* when I went out  :fishing:  & we might make 70* today. Not much of a chance of any precip here, I guess. :scratch: Managed 4 for the box today.  :happy1: :cool: Got 1 project on the list so I better roll. Hope your Saturday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
So, I'm having lunch at the bluffs, the waitress said the liquor store had some kid walk in, grabbed some booze and ran out. 4 coppers there now.

Now we know the REAL reason WHY ya go to Red Wing....so ya can schmooze with yer katchup babe!  Works at the Legion there!!!   :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:

https://www.postbulletin.com/news/local/aging-volunteers-keep-community-events-moving-along/article_b86982a6-c2cf-11e9-b9b8-f74da9c1389b.html

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08/31/19, 10:52:10 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 57 at choretime and mostly cloudy heading for a hi in the upper 60's with some showers this afternoon. Got some putz projects done this a.m. Replaced the hummingbird feeder I broke a few weeks back and added a new nectar feeder for the orioles. Made of glass so it's heavier than the plastic ones. Still a few orioles must be passing thru on their way south. Mostly younger ones but occasionally I'll see a fully colored male Baltimore or orchard on the jelly feeder. Goal for next year is to get one of the jelly feeders where you screw the jar on it and hang it up rather than spooning jelly out of the jar daily.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 56 here this morning heading for a high of 63. Was pretty nice yesterday until mid afternoon when the rain started to move in. Didn't rain much, but the temp dropped and the wind started blowing off of the lake. Have one bear checking out the picnic basket. Around a 200ish bear. Think I may wait and hope a bigger one shows up. Will have to make the rounds this morning and decide if I want to hunt him or not. Just another day in bearadise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 56 at choretime heading for a hi in the mid-70's. Mrs. Cheviot should arrive home mid afternoon. Should give me time to get the bucket on the skidsteer to clean the house up.  :angel: Lots of goose hunters just south of us blazing away about 6:30 this a.m. Not exactly sure how many but judging by the number of reports each time a flock gets close it's at least 10 packed into a 20 acre field.  :huh:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yup heard some shooting yesterday too..  had a good day yesterday, it was cool but comfortable..  fresh brats on the grill and a few adult beverages by the bonfire later made a good day..  just had a small rain cloud go over so we are a little wet but nothing to measure...  looks like a high of maybe 73 today..  enjoy you day and good luck yogi hunters!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
54* and cloudy here. Staying cool today. Was gonna smoke a rack of ribs, but it looks like a road trip to Red Wing is in order with a buddy. Ribs are gonna meld another day, it appears. Red Wing pottery is closing forever the end of September, and wanna browse around for the last time. Also hit the antique store in the mini-mall there.  Also good excuse to stop  at one of Glenn's food places and put on the feed bag. Maybe even see his picture on the wall in one of 'em. Have a good one, guys.
« Last Edit: September 09/01/19, 09:05:11 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, had 55* when I went out, headin for upper 60's.  :scratch: Managed 4 more :fish2: today. Not much action out on the main lake lookin for eyes though. Such a nice night & I couldn't watch anymore of the Twins game that I went back out last night. A lot of people out then & this mornin as well. Seen some gettin ready to pull the plug for the season already yday. Nothin pressing on my list for today,just hopin you have a good 1. :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, this is not the day to be at a boat landing around here..... or near a camper park. :doah:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, I'm up, and no one else is! So, Happy Labor Day!  :USA: Solid clouds and 67*. Guess Summer's officially over....where the hey did it go? I feel like I didn't even have one, with all the crap that happened.... :angry: Yday was fun, nosing around Red Wing and going thru the pottery for the last time ever. Place was jam-packed. Did pick up a miniature Rainbow Umbrella Stand, last ones ever fired on a limited edition. Amazed me most folk don't know they're numbered on the bottom....the lower the better. I managed to get # 53...out of three hundred that were final fired. Did find out my 8 gal crock is worth $175!  Lunch at Liberty's, then a drive along Lake City and stopped and bought some cawn for today. Todays menu: BBQ slathered rack 'o ribs over charcoal with hickory chips, coleslaw, garlic toast, cawn on da cob, mac 'n ham salad, 'cuke's in sauce, BBQ beans, green tops, radishes, iced tea, lemonade, ice cream. Buddy who's on call is gonna swing over when he can, and the NG (neighbor girl, who just bought a pellet smoker...!!   :happy1: )
Have a good end to Summer all......if it doesn't rain.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 09/02/19, 07:21:35 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 51 here heading for a high of 64. Happy labor all!! Mostly blue sky here this morning. Yesterday was cloudy and rainy most of the day. Checked the picnic baskets and we're hit yesterday, so no hunting for me. I will check them again tomorrow. Not sure what is on the agenda today. Wife has to work a half day. So I am pulling a Barry this morning. Gonna be a go with the flow kind of day I think. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, good score Reb!!  a good weekend here but darn they go fast!!  foggy looking morning and 56 going for 74.  saying rain tonight..  well off to do something!!  have a good day all!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning peoples,  60 here with an east wind, maybe that's why the fish ain't bitin.. :scratch: .Pulled a couple ugly trees down this weekend and cut up so going home kinda sore, gotta go back to work to take a break  :cheesy: .Well the ladies have French toast n sausage ready..See ya!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 53* at last peek & goin for upper 60's again, I hear. Went out  :fishing: early(1 :fish2:) & it was actually pretty nice but about 6 the fog rolled in. It has gotten worse in the last hour too, so it was a SLOOOOOW GPS guided ride in. Still had 1 boat come within 50-60 yds comin in & had know idea where he came from or where he went. Good thing he was takin it kinda EZ too. :happy1: Got to recheck my list ;) but don't think there's anything real important on there. :cool: Hope your Labor Day's a good 1.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Labor Day boys!  We got home a little while ago from our camping trip at Noma Lake Campgrounds.  We had a great time.  There are 14 sites there and Fri night we were the only ones there.    :happy1:  Then a group of 3 showed up on Sat.  They were kayakers so they were gone all day.  Had some drizzle last night so we sat under the canopy and had just as much fun.  We will be going back there.  No elec or hookups so had to use the Honda and all worked just great!  New truck towed the camper great too!  But it is nice to be back home.  Bob is happy to see us too.  She is on my lap right now. :rotflmao:  I will do some catching up here today.  I have to mow too. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 57 this morning heading for a high of 58 they say. I just can't believe how cool it has been the last 2-3 weeks already. Usually August is a warm one. Not this year. Another short work week this week. Got to love it. Just wish I could get some bears to cooperate.  :angry2: :pouty: Oh well. Went and put up a ladder stand for bow hunting yesterday afternoon and shot my bow some too. Just another day in bearadise. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 55* & headed for 60*, rainin too. We've had ~ .3" of rain since around 5:00 last night when the 1st showers started. Our bay got a lot quieter yday & that'll probably continue today. No boat time this mornin with the weather & the wind is 'sposed to go NW while blowin 10-15 mph early this am. :pouty: Not much on the list today so havta see what I can come up with. Have a good un. :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin boys!!!  62 here going for 68.. the winds sure came up last night and the rain!!  got 1.3 inches the way it looks..  got one large tree limb on the ground to pick up..  got a few things done this morning already so the rest will be down hill for in the house..  hope everyone had a good weekend too!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Slept in till about 8.  The cat and Buddy were in bed with me too.  LOL  We are having coffee now.  Looks like we got about .33 inches of rain last night.  Still misty out and 56 out now.  SO that means a Mikey day here too.   :happy1:  Just going to take it easy.  May sharpen chain saws and work on some Ice Rigs.  The season is getting closer.  Just go a new Dremel GO.  A cordless screwdriver that when you press down it turns it on.  Will be great for putting screws in the wall brackets.  Had to get something since Bob chewed the charging cord from the other one into about 3 or 4 pieces.  I could fix it but only paid about $12 for it about 8 years ago.  Time for a new one. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 70 at choretime heading for a hi in the mid-70's. Recovering from a day at the State Fair along with the Cheap Trick-ZZ Top concert. Was a fun concert although it got cut short by the heavy weather that moved in a little sooner than anticipated. Still glad I went & we had great seats. 16 rows from the stage with a lot of the State Fair board members and their clans. Actually had another board members tickets so that worked out great. That little ol' band from Texas can still play after 50 years!   :blues brothers:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that would have been fun for sure!!!   :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 44 this morning heading for the mid 60s today. I have 2 of the 3 picnic baskets getting hit now. If i am lucky I may be able to hunt tomorrow after work. Keeping my fingers crossed that they keep hitting the picnic baskets. Time will tell. I see that wally world does want anybody open carrying in the stores anymore. What does your buddy think of that Rebs? I probably already know what he thinks. At least they are still good to go with the conceal and carry. :happy1: Well, just another day in Beardise. Have a good one boys.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I might haveta snap up the last of their handgun ammo.....although the one here never has much anyway. Fleet Farm is the place to go for that.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 46 here going for 70 maybe..  was a good day yesterday..  going into town today and pick up a few things, don't need much...  got most of the branches cleaned up in the yard last night so the wind can start over..  have a good day all!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I always see wind as free tree trimming.... ;)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I might haveta snap up the last of their handgun ammo.....although the one here never has much anyway. Fleet Farm is the place to go for that.

We get most of ours from Sportsmans Guide.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a good place! Bought a fair amount of stuff there!  :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too. To much stuff actually.