Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901511 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Where's the candied yam emoji when you need one?  :confused:

Well, in about a minute, I'll tell ya where some are gonna get packed, without the syrup... ;)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Where's the candied yam emoji when you need one?  :confused:

Well, in about a minute, I'll tell ya where some are gonna get packed, without the syrup... ;)

Del's mailbox?  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope.  In a liddle blue puppet....and I don't mean Cookie Monster, either.  ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Nope.  In a liddle blue puppet....and I don't mean Cookie Monster, either.  ;)
:scratch: :scratch: what????????????? :doah: :scratch: :scratch:

got home to and inch and a quarter in da rain gauge. just got done pouring like a cow peeing on a flat rock in north Dakota.

looks like tomorrow nite its time to chase the lawnmower around the yard.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
bout the same amount of rain here!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Too wet out there to go check the rain gauge.... ;)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Over a quarter here and just raining nicely.  I bet JB gets more than us.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like the rain is mostly done here tonight....  we got enough for this round anyway..........

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are at a half inch now.  Just raining nicely and we have lost Dish.  Can't watch the Houston and Saints game.  I see Houston is ahead 21-10.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
We are at a half inch now.  Just raining nicely and we have lost Dish.  Can't watch the Houston and Saints game.  I see Houston is ahead 21-10.

Hope it came back for the end of the game.   Very exciting.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 Got plenty of rain again yesterday. 1.4" after work in the rain guage and another .35" last night for 1.75" this morning when I dumped it out. Enough for awhile. Time to go to work, have a great day everyone.
mm

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 here heading for 58 at last look. Well, let's see Barry. Our weather station said 1.3" of rain this morning. How much did you get. I know what we got was more than enough. Going to go fill up picnic baskets after work today. A buddy gave me a couple blocks of licorice last night. So da bears will get an extra treat. He got his bear Saturday. Otherwise just another day in bearadise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. 2.25" in rain gauge from last nite. Morjits saying another 2-4" on the way thru Friday, causing flooding. Again. Already set the all time record for rainfall, said we just busted that one with last nites rain. No big plans for today. Maybe build an ark.
Hope ya can get that bear, JB. The one with the licorice block stuck to his face.  ;)
Have a good day, all.
« Last Edit: September 09/10/19, 07:24:51 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like 1.193" in our very precise weather instrument.  LOL  To be even more precise it is a tich under the 1.25" line.  Dark out now too but I don't think we are getting anymore rain.  The grass we planted on the new drain field is growing great.  I don't even think I will mow it this year.  ???  Just let it grow for cover.  Maybe put some straw on it too for winter.  They said after the first winter it will be ok without it.  May be too wet for much outside stuff today so I will make Rigs I guess.  Gonna warm up for the weekend.  Highs in the low 50's after today until Sat.  Maybe I will make a run to the landfill today so Buddy can go for a ride with me in the Ol Ford. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  61 here going for 71.. had 1.25 inches of rain here..  and yes I heard them say up to 2 to 4 more inches of rain...  saying 80 by the cities...  interesting...  got some sweet corn froze yesterday.  should do another couple dozen but it's getting late in the year..  have a good day all!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  61 here going for 71.. had 1.25 inches of rain here..  and yes I heard them say up to 2 to 4 more inches of rain...  saying 80 by the cities...  interesting...  got some sweet corn froze yesterday.  should do another couple dozen but it's getting late in the year..  have a good day all!!!
i did the corn thing sat! :happy1: :happy1: it was the bi colored and was it tasty. he still has a bunch left. he planted it late so its still really good stuff.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers. need to cut some lawn tonight. maybe throw the rest of my leftover Milorganite on the lawn. mom dropped off more maters, cukes and some wisconsin apples yesterday. num num. thinking my cukes are getting pulled this weekend, iffin it ever stops raining.

last nite was getting ready to watch the 10 pm news,all of a sudden i hear a POP...........AND everything goes dark!!!!!!! :doah: :scratch: :scratch: :confused: i avoided momma chasing me, checked outside and didnt see any extreme weather. nearest i could think sounded like maybe a transformer exploded, the whole neighborhood was dark. looked to me like we where out of power 3 hours. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope it all worked out ok Glenn.   :sleazy:   LOL  So do you guys shuck the corn, then boil it, and then vac bag it?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's how I used to do it.. The GF's way is after we shucked it I cut the corn off the cob and then she blanched it in a roaster with butter and cream.. tastes good too... 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 57* & FOGGY when I went out, &  might make 60*. It started here about 2:15 & radar didn't look clear 'til 9:30 last night. Never a real hard rain but not sprinkles either, we had 1.4" in our not so precise ;) rain gauge this mornin. Not much for action :fish2: today but that's OK as I wasn't keepin any anyway. MNF was better than Sunday's IMO, 'specially the end of the Houston/NO game. Knew Brees would pull it out, he's a master at it 'bout the only 1 on par with TB 12. Not much planned for today, may run the washing machine & may not. :scratch: :smiley: Hope your Tuesday's a good 1. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope it all worked out ok Glenn.   :sleazy:   LOL  So do you guys shuck the corn, then boil it, and then vac bag it?
yes. shuck the corn, boil it, but not as long as you would iffin your eating it right away. when its done in the boiling water i stick it in a 5 gallon bucket of ice cold water. cut it off da cab. i just put it in qt ziplock freezer bags.

i also put it in a frig overnite to make sure its 100% cold before i freeze it. i believe a real key step is putting the corn in the cold water immediately after its boiled.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good idea...I bet that's what keeps it from getting mushy.  :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's how we did it except cutting it off the cob first..  and as I said it was a first for me that way..  it does taste good so who am I to argue with her!!! c  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that's how we did it except cutting it off the cob first..  and as I said it was a first for me that way..  it does taste good so who am I to argue with her!!! c  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
oh.........i see whipped here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :shocked: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
oh.........i see whipped here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :shocked: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :moon: :moon: :moon:

"Yes dear!"  OW!     "No dear," YOW!

https://youtu.be/X4r4IYng8M0 :shocked:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 66 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 80's Another .28" of rain at the ranch in the past 24 hrs. & .15" in Bugtussle proper. Looking like the potential is there for 2"- 4" over the next couple days starting tonite. Feels like it. We had 60 for a hi on Saturday and now it's back in the 80's with heavy air. Good things usually don't happen when that's the case.  :huh: Mrs. Cheviot took off this a.m. so am without supervision. Better locate my ear protectors in case I have to shoot stuff out the window! Or if the ZZ Top gets cranked up too loud... :angel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIrhcOIYfA8

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just got a spiffy idea when emptying the rain gauge... :happy1:  I like to see how much we get as it pours away.....but can't tell the water level in the tube, so I put a drop of blue food coloring in the tube. Should tint that rain nicely as it rises in the glass tube...and I'll be able to see it from the house!  :smiley:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Or get one you can read a mile away.......

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
morning boys. 53 here this morning heading for 55 I guess. Well, I got da bears fed again last night an d I have a nice one coming in during daylight. Now I just need him to keep doing that and for the friggin wind to quit blowing out of the east. This east wind is getting old. Looks like Friday is supposed to be NW. That should be huntable. Well, just another day in bearadise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!