Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903149 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Good job, Gunner.  I have 5 extinguishers thru the house and in the garage.  :happy1:
  :happy1: We have 4, 2 in basement, 1 up here, & 1 in the garage
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon boys.  We just got back from the Falls doing a little shopping.  Yesterday as I was getting ready to go fishing when I got the County Weather notice on my cell phone.  Bad weather for an hour.  I waited and then it started raining and didn't stop all night.  This morning I dumped 4.6" of rain.  When we got home we have another .6".  We have a wet basement for the first time in 10 years.  The river has come up at least a foot I would guess.  Looks like rain is around us buy may not get here tonight.  I hope not.  I see no Gophers Football today so mayhaps I will just take a nap.  Have a good one all of you.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
O no......sorry to hear that, Barry. Been thru that carp too many times. Just some minor seepage, I hope? Hope it doesn't rain anymore up there................. :angry:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hasn't happened for 10 years.  Just all of the rain at once did it.  No carpet and my business supplies are all on pallets so no big deal I guess. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very lucky!!!     :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Luck dealing with all that water!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh good....I guess. Still sucks the big weenie. Hope that's all ya get! I'm worried we go into winter with record-breaking frozen saturated ground, then the snowmelt and spring rains come.......many states getting just creamed this year. Has to go down as one of the worst years ever, it already has down here. Let's hope you guys up there all stay dry.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 54 going for 68..  way cooler!!!  did get a few things done yesterday and maybe a few more today..  nice mostly clear skies this morning too..   time for more coffee!!  have a good day all!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Cloudy and breezy here.  Think it is a take er easy day today.  That Rainy River tourney across the river plays music with lots of bass until 1 each night/morning.  Thump thump thump all night long.  I heard that some people over there take a 3 day weekend to get out of there.  SO may have to take a nap sometime today.  Well I hope JB survived out in the forest with all of that rain.  I am curious to hear about it and how much rain he got up on his side of the lake.  My Mom and Dad are moving this coming weekend to a nice 2 bedroom apt in Luverne.  Dad is 87 and it is time.  He still tries to golf a couple of times a week which is great.  I will drive down on Thursday so I can help move all day Friday and some on Sat if needed.  Will be nice to have it done.  They are having a younger moving guy do the heavy stuff so that is a relief.  Well it is Vikes day. SO have a good one.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey that is a good thing for them Barry!!!!   :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure is! Good idea havin' one of them youngsters around to do the heavy stuff...."Put that over there....no, over there"... ;)
I agree with that loud bass stuff, that drives me nuts. Worst I ever had was when they replaced a bridge over the highway 2 blocks from my house. Did the work at nite, which was a week of driving piles into the ground *THUD*BOOM*THUD*BOOM  all nite long. :angry2:
That's what happens when ya live in the big city....

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's those Good Samaritan apts that are getting so popular with Seniors.  Big building and every day people are playing cards, having coffee parties, etc.  That will be great for them and some of the people already there are their friends.  Now that they are doing it some of their other friends may go there too.  Noon meal included, that is great too.  I worried about how healthy they were eating. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Do they have any openings?   :laugh:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The waiting list is usually about 6-8 months long.  Single and double apts.  Theirs is ground floor over looking the lawn garden area so Mom is really happy about it.   :happy1: :happy1:  Not cheap neither.  BUT everything is covered except TV service I think.  Even laundry is included.
« Last Edit: September 09/22/19, 08:43:59 AM by LPS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 54* & a pretty good west wind about the time I was thinkin about going out :fishing:. So I didn't go :sad:, looks like the wind has went a bit more NW now so I'm not sure we'll make the 63* forecasted. Just had to make my 1st trip of the day down to the boat to get it ready to set for a week or so while we're back home. We've been getting on the road pretty early the last couple trips so we can get through the metro well before noon, so it'll most likely be Tuesday before ya hear from me again. Most of my day will be spent gettin ready to travel, other than that there's some football & baseball I'll be watchin. Hopin your Sunday's a good 1. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
safe travels to ya Gunner!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
It's those Good Samaritan apts that are getting so popular with Seniors.  Big building and every day people are playing cards, having coffee parties, etc.  That will be great for them and some of the people already there are their friends.  Now that they are doing it some of their other friends may go there too.  Noon meal included, that is great too.  I worried about how healthy they were eating.

Only downside is the casualty rate...Make friends, they die.  Make new friends, they die.    Finally my MIL just quit trying.     

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Beats having Alzheimers so bad you're living (existing) in a total fog.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
at least they can still make friends.... 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

And the dead spread at the funeral is usually decent....

But what does having friends dying all the time have to do with having dementia?   

As John D McDonald said  "casualty rate that would make a marine combat company flinch...."

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

But what does having friends dying all the time have to do with having dementia?   

As John D McDonald said  "casualty rate that would make a marine combat company flinch...."

We were talking about seniors in a complex where they die all the time....I stated it's better to be able to make friends like that, have them for a while, than not be able to at all due to Alzheimer's.....you can't understand that?!
That's a part of life everyone faces sooner or later.
« Last Edit: September 09/22/19, 02:23:24 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and that's what I'm saying too reb..............  negative people have negative thoughts...   be by folks that embrace life.........   sure folks die, it's all part of the grand plan of life....   enjoy life to the best we can!!!! 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

We were talking about seniors in a complex where they die all the time....I stated it's better to be able to make friends like that, have them for a while, than not be able to at all due to Alzheimer's.....you can't understand that?!
That's a part of life everyone faces sooner or later.

Or you can live in a community of folks of various ages and not be in geezer ghetto.   

I totally understand.  And having only friends that are also geezers and dying all the time is not too much fun.   

I am not a fan of the "senior living " ghetto.   Maybe when I am too feeble to fight it but not now.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
soooooo why didn't ya just say that to begin with...  that would have been understandable............    :scratch:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
soooooo why didn't ya just say that to begin with...  that would have been understandable............    :scratch:

I did say that. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Barry you will be glad to know we survived out camping trip down in the forest. It is crazy the amount of water everywhere. The bean fields look more like rice patties. Some of them the bean are completely under water. Our rain gauge said 7.1". There was water running over the road in a couple of spots down there  that I had to go thru to get the camper home yesterday. Had to clean up some downed trees to so I could get the camper thru. The wife and grandkids didn't get to go down there as early as planned on Friday because of the storms. The wind when I got home Friday was blowing 30 plus mph off of the lake. I had to pick up lawn furniture in the rain. The power went out too when I got home. We headed down after the front went thru. And yes Barry you can camp anywhere you can find a spot down there. Well, glad to be back to work. :crazy: Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, you really are gettin' it up there!! I hate to hear that. Glad all are OK, though. That's the important thing. 52* and clear down here. Got some more tests at my favorite medical institution later today, but that's about it. Gonna pick up some more cawfee, as it's on sale for $5.99 at Cub. $7.49 everywhere else. It's Fall stock up time. Time to fill the pantry and freezer with food.  O ya!!! Happy first day of Fall, y'all!!!!  Have a a good one!

*Click on pic*

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09/23/19, 07:31:17 AM by Rebel SS »