Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4946915 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Glad to be at home.  2 nights away is enough for me.  LOL  It is a dark day here with rain starting early afternoon.  We too have dock work to do today.  I am going to buy another come along so I can lift with 2 at a time so I don't have to go back and forth so much.  Otherwise the poles bind in the brackets if I lift too much on one at a time.  Then maybe knock a tree down if I can tear away from football.  Ya I am pissed about this whole Dish Fox thing.  I have read everything I can find and it seems Fox wants a double digit rate hike from Dish.  So far Dish says no so that is why Fox pulled their channels off except for Fox News which is a different contract.  BUT the bottom line is it is not on no matter who's fault.  SO I may be switching to cable this week.  Can still have a DVR, our favorite channels still there, going HD now, can watch any of it on our computers anywhere we are.  No more going out when it rains or snows.  The bad thing is Fargo will be our home stations.  Well I read the newspapers daily anyways.  The wifes people are near Fargo so she wants it.  Done Deal.  Will make the call tomorrow morning. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Friend of mine is same boat, they pulled Fox and channel 9.  He set up an antenna to pick up 9 so he could watch the Vikings only to find out it's on channel 4.  Go figure. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
what I don't get is why these sports teams aren't putting the screws to whomever is the issue? they do have huge contracts with those teams for there coverage, yet nothing. :confused: :confused: :doofus: :doofus:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I lost FOX and FSN early last year on DirecTV............ :moon: :moon: :moon:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Tha's what I thought Glenn.  The wife and I only watched Twins at beginning of the season due to this.  It is off in all of the big cities in the nation too.  So lots of teams involved.  I suppose baseball feels it will bring more people to the stadium.  ???? 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's partly why I just decided to back to cable Rebs.  Both Dish and DTV can shove it.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cable can, too. $72 just for internet?!   :moon:
« Last Edit: September 09/29/19, 10:40:31 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No cable out here in the hinterlands so will likely get an antenna for the local channels. So far our internet appears to be sufficient for YouTube TV although it does some goofy stuff once in a while (locks up, kicks you off, etc.) so you have to stay on top of it. Had to reboot the internet feed entirely yesterday after calling the provider and having a guy walk me thru it. Their equipment is in need of an upgrade but that could be a while. As the guy said yesterday, don't hold your breath about all the talk of improving broadband & WiFi out here in rural America anytime soon. We really don't matter in the politicians eyes. Easier to go after the low hanging fruit in the municipalities. 

In the meantime the future of Dish is looking grim. It's a hassle but likely one whose time has come. On the bright side it'll be cheaper. As long as I can watch Gunsmoke, Bonanza & a Clint Eastwood flick once in a while I'm happy. Plus it's one way to get rid of the Hallmark channel and all those stupid Say Yes to the Dress shows.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I’ve got You Tube tv. I get FSN and a bunch of other sports channels, most of the good cable channels, all the local networks, DVR. $49.00 a month for home and the cabin. I like it!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:

Doesn't appear to include INSP or TV Land here anyway. Will just have to busy myself shooting more cats, squirrels and bunnies out the window I guess... :pouty:
« Last Edit: September 09/29/19, 12:03:42 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can you turn Ruby into a dawg dish network? Stay! Don't move!   :bonk:  :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Well 2.5" when I left for work this morning and it's still coming down. Back yard was a lake and the ditch a river. Stay dry and have a great day everyone.
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
its pouring like a cow pissin on a flat rock here now!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 47 and still pissing here. Heading for a high of 52. The wind is still howling off of the lake. Getting tired of the constant east wind.  :angry2:Also crabby after watching the vikes yesterday. :angry2: Day suck! Oh well just another day in paradise. Happy Monday boys!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, it's a heat wave down here as we've got 68* & supposedly headed for the upper 80's today. A few light showers/sprinkles yday but for the most part dry compared to the rest of you. It looks like that's going to change the next couple days though. I'm flying solo today as my brother went up to Mom's yday PM, she has a new undercabinet microwave being delivered today & he wanted to prepare for that. I have an appt with my dentist early today or I'd went along. Yeah, it's kinda a blue day :sad: here too, JB, after that game.  :bonk: Not much else from this neck of the woods, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all,  we must have gotten a bunch of rain over night!!  standing water in the low places!!  well checked the rain gauge, 3.3 inches of rain!!!  no wonder!!  58 here going for 78 they say..  well have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Wow Mike that's a lot of water.  We got a tich over an inch here and is still spitting.  Gonna be that way all day I think.  We are going to take the pontoon out this weekend.  Still need more wood too.  I have the next dead elm tree picked out for that detail.  I agree JB.  What a crappy game. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Still raining, 72*, humid and headed for a steamy 85*. And for the next two days...

...Heavy Rainfall Likely Tonight Through Wednesday Morning...

A lingering frontal boundary and several waves of low pressure will
produce periods of heavy rain across the area tonight through
Wednesday morning. Rainfall of 2 to 3 inches is expected with
locally higher amounts possible.

:party1: :party1: :party1: :party1: :party1: :party1: :party1: :party1: :party1:

Ya, screw this stinkin' swamphole.  :moon:
« Last Edit: September 09/30/19, 08:43:57 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a hi in the mid-80's. A trace of moisture since yesterday a.m. at the ranch and .05" in Bugtussle proper. Muggly and seldom does anything good come of weather like this this time of the year. When we've had those 8" - 10" fall rainfall events in the past it's been preceded by weather just like this.  :huh:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah, screw it.  :moon:

NWS said we've had 45.25" so far this year, WAY past record breaking, and another 2-3" tonite/tomorrow. Sump pump is back to kickin' in.... :party1: :party1:  :party1:

Really building up out there, gag me hume and already 77*. The Cicada's are even singing...wonder what they sound like under water?
« Last Edit: September 09/30/19, 11:05:39 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Alright! Mud and rock slides!! That's a first!  :party1: :party1: :party1: :party1: :party1:

...FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING...The National Weather Service in La Crosse has issued a* Flash Flood Watch for portions of southeast Minnesota, and Wisconsin,* From Tuesday morning through Wednesday morning* 2 to 3 inches of rain with locally higher amounts possible mainly along and south of the Interstate 90 corridor.* With soils already saturated from 6 to 18 inches of rain in September, this rain may cause flash flooding. Mud and rock slides will also be possible in the bluff areas.
« Last Edit: September 09/30/19, 04:25:33 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
not good.......
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Set another record today............and it looks and feels NASTY out.  :censored:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
when I got home ya could cut the air with a knife. about 6'ish a front came through and I could feel the air change. got a shot of rain and no its clear...….for now. still sticky but not like before.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You just wait, bunkie! It'll be pouring like a 🐄 up there later!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers it's off to Duluth this AM till Thursday afternoon. By 2:15 ish Thursday we shall know if we have another union shop!!! :happy1: :happy1: looks good too!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 40* here heading for a high of 43*. Crazy, high 80s in Rochester and up here we never made it out of the 40s. Alright by me. Going to be in the 40s most of the week here. Which to me is better then 80s and muggy. We are heading down to Fargo after work today for a couple of days. The wife has some doctoring to do. So it is Friday for me today. I could get use to 2 day works weeks. Now I know what it is like to be union. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: The wind finally died down last night. I am sure it will be whipping again by tomorrow. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :confused: :tut: ha ha JB you funny guy!! :pouty: :rotflmao:

I'll be in Fargo a few days more so starting in Nov and Dec.
« Last Edit: October 10/01/19, 06:52:39 AM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 65* now & that is the high for the day too. We almost made 90* yday , I seen 88*, & with that humidity it was more like July than almost October. We've had lots of thunder & lightning here for the last 2-3 hours but the rain just started ~ a 1/2 hour ago. A Flash Flood Watch in effect here today as I seen 1 forecast of close to 2.5" for today. Brother got back from Mom's yday mid - afternoon & said everything went pretty well there. :cool: Looks like we might pack up & head back north again in the morning, have to see how today goes. So if'n you don't hear from me tomorrow you can bet we're on the road. That's all I've got today, hopin your Tuesday is a good 1. :happy1:
« Last Edit: October 10/01/19, 07:23:57 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A high of 43 for us today.  Man and you have that warm down there Rebs?  What a difference.  100% chance of rain here tomorrow too.  It is so wet that our basement is still a little wet.  Outside we have puddles that haven't gone away for a week now.  I don't want to tear up the yard on my wheelers cutting wood so may have to wait for the big freeze.   :confused:  Hope not.  A nice dry spell would be nice now.  The guy came over to look at our TV setup so he can get us hooked up to cable, maybe today.  Looking forward to HD TV.   :sleazy: