Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904594 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples, left home around 1:30 & got out here about 10:00 after 5 stops. It was 50* with a steady rain when we left home & that was the highest temp we seen in 400+ miles. We did drive out of the rain around Lakeville until we left Sportsmans in DR after bfast. . A light mist & 46* here when we got settled. There's more leaves on the trees than I anticipated but they're talkin frost one of these next couple nights so that could change quickly. Going to settle in I see how much of the baseball game I can watch as it was a pretty long day. Yak at ya more tomorrow.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Musta been some chuggery I mean thuggery that needed to be done at grandmas fer lunch!!   :mooning:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: maybe!! :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Maybe! Maybe! Ya sound like a petulant liddle smurf...maybe!!!   :moon:   :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had an awesome burger there once...   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Had an awesome burger there once...
Had chow there again last night. Num num. As I type at the tavern on the hill. Right by the UND campus. :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :hubba:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you Glenn.  I like to visit Duluth.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Prior to this organizing drive my experience with Duluth was the 35 corridor. We've been all over Duluth and staying up by the mall area. Interesting.

Still cold, 43 degrees and raining and windy. If it was snowing it be a blizzard.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Feels like it could snow here in Duluth. We're talking wind chill. Interested in seeing Superior with this wind blowing.

Well, take a look! Go full screen....She's nasty.... :shocked:

http://www.duluthharborcam.com/p/canal-park-cams.html
We wax looking at it first hand for a bit, but we'd got union to thuggery to do!! :happy1: :rotflmao:
:happy1: :scratch: Not sure it's a good thing but I unnerstood him the 1st time I reeded it. ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 35* with a mix of rain & snow when I 1st looked ~ a 1/2 hour ago. The rain got more serious here last night around the time(7 ish) the ball game was startin & it was still rainin pretty good 'bout 3 when it must've got cold enough to change to snow. Not enough here though to cover the ground but it'll be nice & sloppy out there for a day or so. Took a quick peek at the rain gauge with a flashlight early on too & we had close to 1" overnight, I dumped 1.6" out yday from while we were gone. The early radar showed some sleet south & east of us(DR/GR) up to around the Hibbing - Ely way as well. A high temp in the mid - 40's today but it appears the precip has moved off, over glenn's way.  ;) It doesn't sound like a good day for much outdoor activities so I'll have to find somethin I can putz with out in the garage. Stay warm & dry guys, hope your Thursday's a good 1. :happy1:
« Last Edit: October 10/03/19, 08:14:11 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 42 here going for 44..  we had rain last night too, haven't looked at the rain gauge yet but it was raining good for awhile..  going to St. Cloud for a VA appointment..  other than that not much else..  have a good day all!!!

checked the rain gauge, we got .7 inches of rain..  so the lake is still rising...
« Last Edit: October 10/03/19, 07:23:12 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the grass will be green again by the time the sun's up. :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Still dreary, rainy here in Duluth. 40 above zero though. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Morning fellers. Well it's election day.  1 till 2 dis afternoon. Starting to get a few butterflies. Plans fer da weekend is to get horseradish made and hopefully got on a lake. :stillfish: :stillfish:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Feels like it could snow here in Duluth. We're talking wind chill. Interested in seeing Superior with this wind blowing.

Well, take a look! Go full screen....She's nasty.... :shocked:

http://www.duluthharborcam.com/p/canal-park-cams.html
We wax looking at it first hand for a bit, but we'd got union to thuggery to do!! :happy1: :rotflmao:
:happy1: :scratch: Not sure it's a good thing but I unnerstood him the 1st time I reeded it. ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
Tink I got bit by a boaranze bug. :doofus: :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Still dreary, rainy here in Duluth. 40 above zero though. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Morning fellers. Well it's election day.  1 till 2 dis afternoon. Starting to get a few butterflies. Plans fer da weekend is to get horseradish made and hopefully got on a lake. :stillfish: :stillfish:
They're talkin a good chance (60%) of rain again here Saturday but Sunday - Tuesday is 'sposed to be nice, hope to get out :fishing: too.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We got just over a 1/2" of rain last night.  The previous puddles hadn't disappeared yet so they are just bigger now.  I did get a lot of wood cut split and stacked yesterday so I fee better about that program.  No cutting today though.  Too wet.  Gonna make some Rigs today.  Good inside job.  Have a good day all of you.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. 47* with a NW wind, but no rain. Grocery day. AKA Bovine battling. Then a drive 12 miles down to Stewartville, Minnesota, because that's where our Fareway foods moved. The big sale on fresh ground 85/15 for $2.89 in a 10 lb tube. Then home to parcel out and freezer wrap it all in 1 lb chubs.. That'll do the fill the fall Freezer thing for me, just need a few pigger chops and some roasts. That'll be my day. Slept about 4 hrs with the back pains. Hot tip: Make sure when you grab the carton of half & half for yer cawee, all bleary eyed, it''s not the carton of egg substitute. There went a mug o' cawfee down the drain... :angry2:

Have a good one guys... :coffee:
« Last Edit: October 10/03/19, 08:23:46 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :crazy: well that's what you get for ruining a perfectly good cup of java!! :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Morning Reb!! :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Howdy, Buddy!  :smiley:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got to agree with ya Glenn!! 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Don't you have a crack pot squab to sautee, or something?   :doofus:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dumping egg substitute in yer java does lend a whole new meaning to the term "egg cawfee". Bet it sorta Suzy vide'd it...  :doah:

Mornin' gang! 46 at choretime heading for a blistering hi near 50. .61" of rain at ranch in the past 24 hrs. with .62" recorded in Bugtussle proper. That brings our 3 day total to an identical 2.7" in both locations. Not very often that happens. Broken clouds early but I see it just drizzled again. Could kinda see it coming on my way into town.

Was 64 in the house last nite & I was starting to hear some grumbling. Turned on the floor heat in the new addition, then turned the ceiling fan in the bedroom on & it took the chill off in the whole house. Plus, when you get up in the a.m. to take a dump, yer feet are warm!  :happy1: Have fun out there folks!  :azn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJeGdwFJJiM

« Last Edit: October 10/03/19, 09:15:49 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:sleazy: :smoking: :nerd: :nerd: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:sleazy: :smoking: :nerd: :nerd: :laughroll: :laughroll:

nope getting ready to go to the  St. Cloud VA...   :rotflmao: :happy1:
« Last Edit: October 10/04/19, 06:46:41 AM by mike89 »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  It's Friday!!! At work, going to do my eight and hit the gate today. No big plans for the weekend, grand-daughters coming over Sunday which is a hoot and should be fun. Have a great weekend everyone.  :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a good and interesting day yesterday..  did get a couple things done after getting home from the VA.  and it drizzled most of the day too..  supposed to rain tonight into tomorrow too..  have a good day all!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Well I sure enjoyed watching the Sea/Rams game on High Def last night.  Didn't watch it all but man it was like sitting in the stands.  I watched a hunting show too and it was like I was sitting in the blind.  The deer were looking at me.  LOL  Feeling a little like a scratchy throat and the wife said a woman she works with has a sore throat cold thing going on too.  I need to think it away.  I don't need to be sick.  Maybe the honey in my coffee will get rid of it.  Gonna take it sort of easy today.  We will see how motivated I get.  Rain for the weekend too.  Darn.  Have a good one. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 42* at 1st peek & we might :scratch: make 50*. Wind 'sposed to go to the south & it's gonna be drier so it'll feel a lot warmer. Might even take the boat off the lift & go for a ride later on today. We had more like .9" in the gauge when I dumped it yday & some more movin in tonight through tomorrow as well. Not sure where they all came from, bet some are from the resort nearby, but we had 3-6 boats out in the bay most of the day. Got some mowing to do but we need a westerly wind to dry it up some before that happens & it's SE today. Not much else today, have a good day.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey LPS time for a hot brandy with honey!!!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like the way you think Mike.  You should be a Doctor.....

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 42 to start the day here. Made it back from Fargo Wednesday night. Unfortunately I hit a deer about 8 miles from home. That time of day/night when the sun is setting and everything blends together. Car was still drivable. Got the estimate yesterday, $2279.61 to get it fixed. I think the insurance will consider it a total loss. The wife is hurting after her surgery, so I have been taking care of her. I also fired up the old outdoor woodstove yesterday. That became more of a chore then I thought it would be. Supposed to start raining tonight and most of the weekend. Hoping to sneak out how hunting this evening. Hope it doesn't rain until late. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!