Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900707 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers. gonna pluck all my maters tonight and pull the plants. headed north tomorrow morning.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
About time you and yer teddy dragged outta bed.  ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
About time you and yer teddy dragged outta bed.  ;)
ive been outta bed since 5;30!!!!!! not been sleeping good lately. :confused:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Me either......change of seasons? :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Me either......change of seasons? :scratch:
dog issue!!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I looked and we have rain in the forecast for 11 of the next 13 days.  We already have a wet basement.  First time in 10 years.  That 5" awhile back got it started.  The humidifier and fan are working overtime.  I am going to pick up a new wet/dry vac.  My old one is junk.  I want one that I can hook up a garden hose to it so it will reach the sump pump in the other corner of the basement.  I see Rigid has an adapter for that.  I am going to put another sump in the wet corner after this.  Haircut day for me too.  I want to mow today also.  Got the boat and camper put away in storage yesterday.  Feels good.  Now I won't have to watch them get covered with snow again this year.  Happy Hump Day to all of ya.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
da boss man lives just south of mandan  N.D. he said that when he talked to his wife, there supposed to get 8-10 inches of snow starting tonight!!!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  Down here we have rain/snow forcast the next 4 days starting tomorrow.  Today I pack away the boat.  Clean the gutter again.  I get up on a ladder and power spray everything out.  Doesn't take long.  Next year, new gutters with covers.  Less I have to do is good.  That's why I got the big blower.  Don't have to rake anymore and all the leaves go in the woods.  I have a big area and since we have a 2 1/2 acre minimum here where I live I don't have to worry about blowing anything in the neighbors yard.  Getting my mind ready for deer hunting now.  Got some seasonings coming for sausage.  Who said being retired is a time to relax and enjoy.  Boulderdash. 

I was talked into coming back to work because there are just no meat cutters around.  Because I get a pension I can only work 8 days a month which is plenty for me.  I told the boss who's a good friend that I would give him 4 months notice when I quit and That will happen next spring.  Even with just 8 days a month my body feels it.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ouch on that snow!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i forgot to mention, he said that snows going to be along with 50 mph winds!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 48 at choretime heading for a hi near 70 again! Better enjoy it because sounds like a change coming. Hopefully it's just a crease & not a mortal wound. More rain than snow expected here tomorrow & Friday. The temps are supposed to plummet & will likely end the growing season. The wind chill map of IA for Saturday a.m. is enuff to convince me we're done. Mrs. Cheviot picked apples last nite while I grabbed the maters. May take another look tonite as anything that's slightly blushing usually ripens just fine.

A squirrel grabbed the wrong wire again out back at the office this a.m. Just got power back on 1/2 hour ago. Another one did the same thing last week. Lots of squirrels smashed on the road yesterday too. Both of the pre-cooked ones are still laying back here so glenn should be expecting a package any day now. If markn mails him his mice he should make quite a haul! Unless of course boar wants all this stuff for sausage!  :scratch: 

« Last Edit: October 10/09/19, 10:50:38 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard the wedder morjits say this snowstorm will have the "spiral down" effect, concentrating heavy snows and 60 MPH winds around the smalll designated epicenter of Cold Spring, Minnysoda overnite on Friday.......... :shocked:
« Last Edit: October 10/09/19, 11:42:05 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard the wedder morjits say tgis snowstorm will have the "spiral down" effect, concentrating heavy snows and 60 MPH winds around the designated epicenter of Cold Spring, Minnysoda overnite.......... :shocked:
:moon: :moon: fine with me,  i'm gonna be up in Itasca county!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, so?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :bonk:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 43 and kinda rainy here. Nice and windy already too. Looks like the snow will start getting here tomorrow into Saturday. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 54* & dry here, so far. The hourly forecast(TWC's site) is sayin the rain starts here around noon. Seen some talk of a wintry mix for late tomorrow into Saturday as well, we'll see. Grocery day for us today so we'll be hittin the road in about an hour as we have some recyclables to get rid of & they don't open 'til 8:30. Have good day. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 51 here going for 54..  lite drizzle here this morning..  got the rest of the main things done outside yesterday so I'm happy with that..  got a call from the VA also yesterday I go there at 1 pm for scans to see if I a blockage in my blood going to my legs..  that will be interesting for sure..  not much else going on other than I have to pay the property taxes before it's too late...  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hopin for the best for ya, mike. :angel:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here. Hoping for the best for ya Mike!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks fella's...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey wait! I get to wish ya good luck too!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guys. Rained overnite, cloudy and 54* headed for a 67* today. Yday was really nice, but awful windy. Leaves starting to break loose, too.  Cruds gonna hit Friday nite, with T-storms later tonite, so they say. Just a hang-loose day here for me, got everything I wanted to done yday. Have a good day guys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I see JB says it is windy.  It must still be coming cuz it is calm here yet.  Drizzly here too.  Hey Mike good luck with your leg.  Hope it is a minor issue.  We are heading to Bemidji today for some shopping.  I did get 3 loads of wood CSS yesterday too.  I was tired after that but remembered RH saying he cleaned his gutters again.  SO I got the ladder and cleaned ours again too.  The big ash tree had dropped all of its leaves so was a good time to check it out.  Yup there was leaves plugging the downspouts so glad I did it. There are a few green leaves on some trees but most are golds and yellows here.  Looking forward to the drive to Bemidji in the new truck.  I got one of those nice cell phone holders that I can try out for the first time today.   :sleazy:  The wife wants some new clothes so I will be seated at the center with the guys.  I even talk to them which is pretty funny since they are so quiet and don't like to make eye contact.  LOL  Gonna hit Stittsworth meats too.  Great place with good prices too for a quality meat market.  I will get a few pounds of bacon and then repack it here at home.  May have to get a steak or some of their sausages too.  Now I am antsy to get going after thinking about that.  See ya later and have a good day.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have fun LPS!!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup as I mentioned I am having my Cheerios now so I can keep up with the wife as I am a people watcher and she is a serious shopper.  LOL  AND we will have lunch somewhere.  Either Perkins or the Chinese Joint there. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
If you go Chinee, just remember don't order chicken.  :whistling:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 54 at choretime heading for a hi in the mid-60's. Rainfall in the overnite of .18" at the ranch and .10" even in Bugtussle proper. Just rained a dab a little bit ago to top it off for us. Weather here is supposed to deteriorate over the next several days so looks like we better enjoy it while it lasts. 

Izzat the Chinese buffet place out on the south edge of Bemidji Barry? Been a while but the last time I was at that one it was good. Nothing wrong with the Perkins there either. Good luck Mikey!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup as I mentioned I am having my Cheerios now so I can keep up with the wife as I am a people watcher and she is a serious shopper.  LOL  AND we will have lunch somewhere.  Either Perkins or the Chinese Joint there.

Super Buffet. Num Num!! we like to go there too.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Super Buffet. Num Num!! we like to go there too.
It's called Grand Buffet in GR & that's where we ate today. :happy1: Right on Hwy 2 across from M & H gas. Got back a little before 2 & the temp here was the same as at 6 AM, 'sposed to start dropping soon. We hit some very light mist just as we hit the west side of GR a little before 9 today & it doesn't sound like it's gonna quit anytime soon. Thought :scratch: I heard 'em, Bemidji radio station, revise the fcast from wintery mix to snow for late tomorrow. A lot of shoppers as everybody wantin to beat the weather.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup it is right by the airport at that intersection by Wally World Dotch.  Not too bad of a place to eat.  Can get in and out fast too.  I stopped at Stittsworth meats and got me a 4 lb chuckie and 3 lbs of bacon which is great.  Also got some polish and some bacon cheddar brats.  Been drizzling all day and we got 1/4" here at home today.  Good to be home and Hubert just got here too.   :happy1: :happy1: