Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900817 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning folk and folkette . 35* and cloudy here in Lala land. Wind finally stopped howling during the nite. Sleet/snow for  later...I'm afraid this wedder is here to stay. %$#@ Whole week ahead to be in the 30's-40's. No plans today other than watch the ViQueens and Beagles game. Might haveta whip up a smoky ham 'n cheddar omelet for breakfast.....enjoy yer Sunday, guys.  :coffee:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope Glenn took his bumbershoot along bear hunting...
He'd of needed more than that to be out in the woods the last 2-3 days 'round here for very long. :thumbs: :pouty:

Naa, he's a tough Union dude.   :bonk: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 35* @ last peek, spittin a little snow along with a chilly NW wind. Looks like a good day to stay in & watch the games. Stay warm, dry, & hope your Sunday's a good 1
« Last Edit: October 10/13/19, 08:53:36 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 33 here going for 37..  another cool to cold day!!  did get a few things done yesterday and I made that 3 bean salad, 1 st time and it came out pretty good too!!! going to make biscuits and gravy this morning, been a long time since I have had that..  not much going on today so maybe watch some foot ball.. have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
"You can get anything you want, at Alice's Mikey's restaurant".... :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  34 here and the deck is icy.  Same as youse guys.  I am looking at an inside day today too.  Will have to hit the grocery store though.  Almost out of bakery bread and need some other stuff too.  Will do that soon.  Hope the Vikes do as well as the Gophers did last night. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope Glenn took his bumbershoot along bear hunting...
He'd of needed more than that to be out in the woods the last 2-3 days 'round here for very long. :thumbs: :pouty:

Naa, he's a tough Union dude.   :bonk: :rotflmao:
:scratch: Probably not feelin so onion ;) er union tough now after the week he's had. :rolleyes: :smiley:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, he's had a bad one. Hope it gets better for him.  :undecided:
 Snowin' like a   🐄  here again.
« Last Edit: October 10/13/19, 08:26:07 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 38 here and about the same to report are LPS did. The lake is rough again today. Thinking I may need to pull the dock up further as the waves keep slamming it around. Other than that it will be inside the garage projects kind of day. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 34 at choretime heading for a hi in the low 40's, maybe. .08" of liquid equivalent precip, guesstimating about a 1/2" worth of snow total. Was some wet stuff fer sure. Looking at heading to Madison Lake to the Trail Blazer for their breakfast/brunch deal: two eggs, hash browns, toast, bacon/sausage, a bloody Mary with a beer chaser for $10. Might take the Stude if it stops precipitating (graupeling?  :confused:) otherwise we'll take the family roadster. Yup, great performance by the Gophers against a crippled Nebraska Fusker team. Still always satisfying to beat them. I remember some of the beatdowns they gave the Gophers back in the old days so don't feel one bit sorry for them. 3 bean salad was one of my Mom's faves mikey. One of mine too! Oh yeah, go Vikes!!!!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin people's yep a lot better day on tap here than yesterday.  The kid and I went chasing rowsters yesterday he got 1 but I couldn't believe the amount of hunters out on a windy snowy crappy day, one smaller field had 7 pick em ups around it, crazy.  Well gots to drop the mrs off at the airport shortly tgen kick back and watch some futbol..see ya!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got back from the store.  Talked to one of my County buddies.  He said over 6" of snow fell from south of Pitt to Zipple Bay.  The plows had to go out and clear the blacktop roads as it is wet and heavy stuff.  The gravel roads will be in terrible shape for days. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Spent yesterday at a friends wood shop.  I had some projects to do that he has the tools for. Great day to work indoors.

Today I put the boat to bed for the season and got stuff ready to blow out my nephew's sprinkler system.  He bought a house nearby but hasn't moved in yet.  I hope the system isn't a POS and works like it should. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Well I made it back from up North. Man with all the rain.... And snow the trails are one hell of a greasy mess. Next time back will be deer hunting unless I get an urge to run about the woods

Oh and by there way... :tut: :confused: :tut: I haven't gotten to all the threads lately but I see you fippy clowns were having fun ripping on my in my absence. :confused: :tut: training-087 training-087 :Fish: :taz: :taz: :moon: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 38 and no precip today. Yippy! Heading for a high of 43. It was nice to see Cousin's playing like the million dollar man yesterday. Hope the vikes can play like the the rest of the year. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 36* for our start & we might hit mid-40's. Thought :scratch: the LWC said the wind had went SW but it sure felt NW yet to me. Looks like there's a good chance(70%) for more moisture tomorrow again so I'll be finding something to do outside today. Not sure what yet, depends on how warm it feels out there after bfast. Time for a LPS flavored ;) start to my day. Hopin your day's good 1. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 31 going for 45, I like that...  got a few things done all ready this morning so a good start to the day.. looks like we will the sun today too!!  have a good day all!!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I made it back from up North. Man with all the rain.... And snow the trails are one hell of a greasy mess. Next time back will be deer hunting unless I get an urge to run about the woods

Oh and by there way... :tut: :confused: :tut: I haven't gotten to all the threads lately but I see you fippy clowns were having fun ripping on my in my absence. :confused: :tut: training-087 training-087 :Fish: :taz: :taz: :moon: :rotflmao:
  :happy1: :scratch: :tut: :bonk: You do know that the fun NEVER stops here ;), don't you? :laugh: No matter what you or anybody else has goin on, we have to carry on. :rolleyes: :rotflmao: I was tryin to be nice but the rest of the gang :evil: was makin it REAL hard. :shocked: :super smiley: :super smiley: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wanna see the BEAR PICS!!!!!!!!!!   Funny, he didn't even mention that...    :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well we had 4 inches of snow at the cabin. thursday nite i got soaked with the rain, friday nite it was so windy it was dangerous in the woods.....so  got out of the woods about 5;30. hearing trees snap off is the first sign for me to leave.

oh........and i'll have some payback fun!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :angry2: :angry2: :evil: :evil: :evil:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:popcorn:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't forget guys, banks and such are all closed today for Columbo day....

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Columbus Day was one of my favorite Holidays.  We all forgot about it till the week before the Holiday.  It was always a surprise.  Keep the name the same...

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 28 at choretime, sunny now & heading for a hi in the low 50's. Another grubby looking afternoon yesterday so no guilt while watching the Vikes dismantle the Eagles. Kinda dampish in the fields yet today and will likely be a day until the soybeans are dry enough to go after again. The wind's supposed to howl tomorrow about like glenn while he's catching up on all the posts about him while he was gone!  :evil:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Columbus Day was one of my favorite Holidays.  We all forgot about it till the week before the Holiday.  It was always a surprise.  Keep the name the same...

Are you going down to lake whatever it is now to celebrate?  :scratch:

https://www.kaaltv.com/news/minnesota-celebrates-indigenous-peoples-day/5523764/?cat=10151

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
So just when is Festivus day again?
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It will always be Lake Calhoun to most of us, just like it will always be Fort Snelling to most of us.  And it will be Columbus Day to most of us.  The name changers need to get a hobby instead of changing things that don't need changing.  Maybe they should name something that is new and needs a name instead. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's today DE!. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Monday Dec. 23

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman