Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901857 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I am a member of the sleep late club too then.  Had a sore back and felt good to rest a little longer.  Watched some of the game last night until the Chiefs had it under control then went to bed.  What a nice looking day out.  I actually think I will be able to mow today or tomorrow as it is finally drying out some.  Looks windy here too Rebs.  Hope those meds help you feel better.  Sucks to not feel good.  I did take a cruise with Buddy yesterday to the south and there are beans in the fields there too.  Man the fields are wet yet.  I wonder if they will wait till it freezes?  Have a great day to all of youse.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Looks like one of the last decent days to grill out here. I may haveta scrounge up something other than the two chicky thighs thawing out.....

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys from Fargo. It was a hell of a good concert last night. Lasted 4 hours. Miranda, boy can she go. Once she started, she never took a break for 2 hours. We went and got some breakfast and now I am sitting here in the hotel waiting for the wife to get ready. We will make a few stops down here. I am hoping to get home in time to how hunt tonight, but I know what my chances are for that. We'll have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that is a long concert.  Sounds fun. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow! Glad ya had a good time, JB!!   :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Well!!!      :pouty:           ;)

That's a deep subject.....

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Breezy with 20-25 mph winds with gusts up to 45. Some places to the west temps may hit 70. Combines have been rolling where they can. Some of the soybeans still too wet so some are continuing to pick corn in the meantime. Today should bring the moisture down with the warm temps and breezy conditions. Spent yesterday afternoon soil sampling a couple fields downwind from someone spreading turkey chit. Ick! Makes cattle and sheep chit smell downright pleasant!  :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've never been much of an aficionado on chit smells, but I do often find myself deep in it, and always down wind of it.  :rolleyes:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, another nice day on tap it looks like..  a high of 61 again!!  got a few things done yesterday and even got the bike out for nice ride.. the fall colors are sure getting closer to done...  got a few things to do today, maybe mow one more time and get the cab on the mower for winter use when I'm using the snow blower...  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  We put about four and half miles on the mower yesterday and then the idler pulley decided to give up on us. So on the trailer it went. There's always next Spring. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 46* & headed for 61*, I guess. Think :scratch: we got a little warmer than they were tellin us yday as we seen 63* ~ 3:00. Messed around down at the lake again yday for a bit, prepping for pullin the gear. Some more yard work too as there's lots of leaves down especially along the drive way. Some more of that today probably, got some laundry goin already too as it's about the last time to hang any out. Nothin else from this neck of the woods today, enjoy the nice weather  :cool: & I'm hopin you have a good day!  :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Everyone must have slept late like me.  Having coffee now watching the river flow by.  Gonna cut up some more wood today.  I did get the lawn mowed yesterday so it looks good.  Gophers play football today at 2:30 so looking forward to that.  Looks like another nice day.  Have a good one. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  gotta love this nice weather except for bird hunting.  Tge kid and I walked some today but it was tough on the hounds. Didnt see as many people chasing roosters but tge farmers were out hitting the beans hard. A few fields of corn were down but not many.  Well was going to do my best impression of Glenn standing around a fire but I'm gonna turn on the tube and kick back...  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Evening peoples,  gotta love this nice weather except for bird hunting.  Tge kid and I walked some today but it was tough on the hounds. Didnt see as many people chasing roosters but tge farmers were out hitting the beans hard. A few fields of corn were down but not many.  Well was going to do my best impression of Glenn standing around a fire but I'm gonna turn on the tube and kick back...  :happy1:
Doing that as I post, with  :toast: nearby listen to CD's.

Momma just ruined my fun and showed up at home. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: she does apparently love me. :wowza: :wowza: :sleazy:
« Last Edit: October 10/19/19, 06:22:00 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Momma just ruined my fun and showed up at home. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: she does apparently love me. :wowza: :wowza: :sleazy:

you lucky feller you!!!   :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Turkey in the straw?  :Turkey:   :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
who's playing with the straw???????????  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd say Glenn, but he'll poke his eye out!   :bonk: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn, That's why we have two mowers.  They really take a beating. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Turkey in the straw?  :Turkey:   :rotflmao:
:pouty: had to be nearby... I gotz it way to loud. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: can't  help it listening to spirit of the wild by old nuggy. And I can't help myself when fred bear comes up. :rocker; :rocker; :rocker; :rocker; :rocker; :rocker; :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
« Last Edit: October 10/19/19, 08:38:31 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh good, boarnese with beer......  :doofus:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh good, boarnese with beer......  :doofus:
:nerd: :nerd: Yea.... So. :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a darn good day yesterday for sure...  mowed some of the yard, got the snow blower all set up and ready to go.. then my friends came over and we got the lift and dock out of the lake..didn't get the bike out but today I will for awhile...  have a good day all!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. A little frost on the pumpkin this morning. Sitting out in the deer stand now. Hunted yesterday morning also and seen nothing. Dam to Menards in I falls yesterday and picked up some material to build a little ice house. Plan is to build it 6' x 10'. Crazy how fast a thousand dollars can disappear so quick. We'll, starting to get light. So I better start watching for deer. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
If ya wouldn't leave yer pumpkins hanging out, ya woudn't have that problem, JB!  :laugh:

Same here, frost on rooftops. 35* and sunny. 'Sposed to be mid 60's today, then a week of rain, snow & sleet. No plans today, gonna be outside as much as I can just to enjoy it. No Vike watching today. Might take a drive to see the leaves. Gonna grill some chicken-apple brats or brauts, as Boar would say, on the grill later with some beans. Haven't had either one of those in a long time. Enjoy yer Sunday, guys.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: October 10/20/19, 08:27:05 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 35* here too, but it doesn't look like there's any frost. Might have somethin to do with the 80 acres of 50* water only 20yds away. Yeah it looks like this may be the last of this weather so I'm gonna be outside for a good part of it too. Went out :fishing: yday & I did manage 1 16.5" smallie who fought like he was loser to 20".  :cool: The wind switched directions a little & came up after lunch so it was too rough out on the big lake so that turned into more of a boat ride. Must've been at least 12-15 other boats out too, most were out deep chasin the crappies. No more here today, hope your Sunday's a good 1. :happy1:
« Last Edit: October 10/21/19, 07:02:20 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. .03" of precip in the past 24 hrs. at the ranch with .01" recorded in Bugtussle. Heading to Madison Lake in a spell with some friends in the Stude. Wifey vetoed the last trip but was a go for today. Took down the hummingbird feeder after chores so it's officially fall. Rain moving in tonite so it's hammer down time in the fields. Am sure someone will call whining about something today. Cell phones are the devil!  :evil:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers, kinda slow start to the day. having some ground bean Tanzanian coffee. good stuff maynard.

gonna mow and mulch today, probably cut off some flowers that bit the dust too. venny steaks on the grill for chow tonight. looks like later in the week soups are fitting!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 10/20/19, 09:13:31 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
What are "vent steaks"?   :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What are "vent steaks"?   :scratch:
steaks with vents in them!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy: :mooning: