Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901256 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Beautiful but cool morning here.  Still some leaves on the maples but they are ready to fall.  Looks like rain starting tonight lasting till Tue eve.  Glad it dried out some.  Couldn't mow everywhere cuz I started spinning out with the mower.  Kind of made a mess in a couple of spots.  Just had 2 soft boiled eggs on the leftover steak from last night.  WITH leftover green beans.   :happy1:  Looking forward to the Vikes today. Have a good one and have fun venting Glenn.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sunday morning is trail cam checking for us.  We really look forward to it.  Always lots of deers at the SW corner of out property in the thick spruces.  Fox too.  NE corner we get lot of fox pics occasional coyote, bear, skunk.  I did put up a peanut butter jar as you showed us the other day.  Can't wait till next Sunday morning to watch the fun. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My wife and I finished processing the doe my grandson shot yesterday.  I had deboned it at the land and had the meat in the fridge over night. 

Started with backstraps - chops

Ended with various stew meat chunks.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice sized back straps!!  Great job of trimming also.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Nice!!!!!  :happy1:  Num num!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Stoopid ladyugs are everywhere today!!!!! *bite*  Sucked down 16 in the bathroom with the vacuum!  :angry:    🐞             🐞

🐞
                                                                                                  🐞
« Last Edit: October 10/20/19, 02:01:44 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Got some hers to, not in the house though. Got them damn box elder bugs too. :confused: :angry2:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen a few of those for the first time in many years today. Been outside all day. They don't "bug" me; they just kinda wander around. These stoopid Asian things BITE!
« Last Edit: October 10/20/19, 02:33:06 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they are all over!!!!!!!!!!!!  and they bite hard....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And if ya crush one, they STINK!!!!!!! Dogs hate 'em! Least mine did!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
For some reason I haven't had any of those Asian bugs yet.  Last year they were bad along with the box elder.  Very few of them this year.  DOn't know why but I like it . SO FAR.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
If it's really a wet year, ya won't see a lot. They like sun and heat. Just like retired old pharts.  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/20/19, 03:58:40 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
One year our foundation was full of boxelder bugs.  I heard about the soapy water thing.  The next year they were back thousands of them.  I filled a small bucket with strong dish soap water.  I threw it on the foundation.  Within a day or two they were all gone and never came back. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The drought year of 1988 was the worst year for boxelder bugs here. They were all over the house and while harmless, they were still a PITA. More than once I woke up with the damn things crawling on me. Since then we'll see a few but not like that year. They did make a posthumous reappearance when we got our furnace replaced tho. When they hooked the thing up they ran it at first without the air filter and it blew all the dead ones out of the ductwork!  :doah:

Lots of the ladybugs out today. Splatted lots of them on the Stude. Having exhausted the aphid supply, it appears they're moving out of the corn now and looking for a place to hunker down for the winter. Here's the latest fact sheet on the multicolored Asian lady beetles. Definitely a double edged sword that we could've done without. In typical politically correct fashion of course when it comes to pesticide use... :huh:

https://www.vegedge.umn.edu/pest-profiles/beneficials/mc-asian-lady-beetle
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Another fine Monday. 50 and a little rain here this morning. What a awesome weekend weather wise. Seen a doe and fawn yesterday morning hunting. Watched the first half of the vikes game then went out and we pulled the boat, track system and dock out. So that is all ready for winter now. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys. SKOL VIKES!!!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 47* & no rain here yet. Wind isn't too bad either so we're going to get our boat out of the water early this mornin too. Wait for it to get light & a quick version of LPS's bfast & we're going to get after it. Like to get it in the garage right away too,then we can winterize it in the next couple days. Better roll, have a good day. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all..  47 here and that is the high today too..  yes a great weekend for sure..  glad I got everything done I wanted to out side..  just have the rain gutters left to clean..  some light rain this morning too, saying rain most of today..  what we don't need!!  have a good day all!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  G55 I am on the Raisin Bran Crunch now.  Man that is good stuff.  Just a little change of pace for awhile.  I just went out and made sure the rain gutter extensions were on and we have a skunk close again.  Kept the dogs by me so we don't have an incident.  LOL  Sprinkling some here too.  Looks like we may be on the edge of this big front for now.  Will keep an eye on it.  Not sure what I'll do today.  I do need to make a landfill run.  That is always fun.  Either today or tomorrow.  Then get bird seed too.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...............raining when i left home, windy as all get out. in a wind advisory also till tomorrow afternoon. doesnt even look like i mulched leaves yesterday. :rotflmao: next step is to gather them up and dump them in the garden. gonna mulch them up with the lawnmower so the stay put this year.

pouring like a cow here in ramsey. oh well let'er buck!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mission completed! :happy1: Boat was out & in the garage by 8:30. :cool: Still no rain & the wind is ENE so that doesn't hit at the PA. Not sure :scratch: what's on the agenda for the rest of the day, maybe I'll just practice being a retired guy. ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
« Last Edit: October 10/21/19, 09:20:33 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mission completed! :happy1: Boat was out & in the garage by 8:30. :cool: Still no rain & the wind is ENE so that doesn't hit at the PA. Not sure :scratch: what's on the agenda for the rest of the day, maybe I'll just practice being a retired gut. ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
you could always go rake leaves in the woods!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :mooning: :mooning: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mission completed! :happy1: Boat was out & in the garage by 8:30. :cool: Still no rain & the wind is ENE so that doesn't hit at the PA. Not sure :scratch: what's on the agenda for the rest of the day, maybe I'll just practice being a retired gut. ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

have fun Gunner and don't "gut anything!!"    :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

have fun Gunner and don't "gut anything!!"    :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i seen dat to.......but figure dats Rebs dept!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :bonk: :tut: MIKEY!! GLENN!! :mooning: :mooning:                             :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 10/21/19, 09:36:21 AM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

it'a a good day fellers!!!! 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
$##$%%^^%&* RAIN.  Scheesh will it ever stop.  Just when it felt a little dryer, along comes another round of soggy weather.  Yesterday I did manage to use the mower to mulch and blow the leaves into piles which I then put in the compost.  I also had time to cut all the cannas.  Now I have to wait for a while before digging them.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pouring like a friggin' 🐄 down here. 1" already. What else does it ever do in Swampville?  NWS shows we've received 20.59" OVER our normal rainfall of 29".....so, we've easily busted the 50" mark today...:censored:  :banghead: training-087
« Last Edit: October 10/21/19, 11:44:47 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm...earlier reply I tried to post here didn't show up so mornin' gang! 47 at choretime with rain, heading for a high in the upper 50's with rain. .22" at 7:30 a.m. in the ranch gauge & .38" in the Bugtussle measuring device. Another gray ugly Monday altho there have been plenty of characters thru the office this a.m. to keep one's mind off of it. Need to cut the cannas here too deadeye. Think I'll put the brush cutter blade on the weedeater. Makes it faster & more fun. Plus I can run the gas out of it for winter. Need to avoid getting it tangled up in the morning glories tho. Not fun unwrapping that ropey mess. Careful with that raisin bran Barry. It might do more than keep you regular. Why I always keep a roll of shop towels in the pickup. In the meantime think I'll work on my retired gut... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :taz: :happy1: You too?  :tut: :tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning: :pouty:  :rolleyes:  :laugh: :laugh: Went out ~ 11 to put the wheeler away & we had some light rain. Looks like this is going to be a fun week. :sleazy: :evil: ;)
« Last Edit: October 10/21/19, 11:53:57 AM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
man is the wind howling now!!  still raining too.. I pulled the rain gauge the other day. should have left it out....  oh well...

and take care of the gut Dotch!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: