Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901901 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
good thing it's not snowing, it would be a white out............   or my!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that's usually the first effects of HH, usually after the last one!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
only had 2, 1st and last!! good night was had over all too!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
only had 2, 1st and last!! good night was had over all too!!!!
:rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Sounds like he had more than two to me..... ;)  :tequila;

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like he had more than two to me..... ;)  :tequila;

sooooooo!!!!  I had 3!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 41 and rainy here. Had only a 1/4" thankfully so far this morning. But the wind is a yowling. Out my living room window looks the same as the canal park cam. Angry seas out there. Not much else happening here. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 41* here too but it felt more like a very light snow to me. :scratch: Only a 15-20 mph NW wind at the moment. Don't think it'll warm up much today so it's gonna be a putz around with the boat day for me. Got most of my gear out yday so need to get the rest out & vacuum it. Might need a break by that time ;) :smiley:, we'll see. No big hurry, hope your Tuesday's a good 1. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  37 here and only going for 40..  yes the canal park camera is really showing some waves!!!  the white caps here on this small lake are rolling good too..  not much going on today other than a few small things and mostly inside stuff too.. have a good day all!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The wind is howling here too.  We got a tich over 3/4" of rain since last night.  Looks like it is rotating in from the north now.  May be an all dayer.  The wife just took off for training.  Her and 3 other ladies will be gone till late Friday night.  Me and the dogs and cat are going to have a blast.  I told the wife I may even go get me a can of Spam for the occasion.  LOL  Will have to go to town anyways since we are low on dog food and sunflower seed for the birds and squirrels.  I need to cook up something too but not sure what I am in the mood for.  Will check our food threads for some inspiration.  Have a great day.  Bring your rain coat and keep taking those stool softeners.   :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........man i feel for those farmers.............there's water standing everywhere. :confused: :confused:

cold windy and wet out. time to start getting the winter clothes lined up and summer attire in the back closet. i've been really dragging me feet on this, but think i'm going to clean out the corner of the closet my lab ALWAYS laid in.

other then that looks like a mellow day or 2.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 41 at choretime altho the truck thermo meter said 38 on the way into Bugtussle. .94" of precip at the ranch in the past 24 hrs. & .75" in Bugtussle proper. Light drizzle continues as we head for a high in the mid-40's. And for tomorrow: S-N-O-W! Oh goody. :sad: Harvest of course is on hold for a day or two. Luckily most were able to get their soybeans out locally. The worst thing is with the wind today, it'll separate the men from the boys on stalk quality in the corn. Were issues before this happened and they won't improve. Be a good day to put some tincture in yer coffee Barry and watch the world go by as you work on yer retired gut... :rotflmao:. Sorry Gunner, that line just struck me as so funny, and so true!  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
41*, light rain and howling and yowling here. Wind is just a screamin.' A few leaves in the backyard yday, now this.....  :shocked:  No plans at all today, may clean house/wash clothes. Barry, sounds like a soop day to me....I'm gonna make a batch of my beef soop on Saturday.
You best stay outta trouble, and for gawd's sake, stop feeding those skwirrels!!!  ;)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  I got bacon in the pan as we speak. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry, grab one of those pkgs of Shore Lunch 'tato soop, and chunk up some snauasge and chives in it....I love that. Even Menard's House of Bargains carries all of them.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's not a bad ideal.  I have a pkg of brats I need to do something with. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
There ya go! Grab some rolls, too! Don't ya like the way I help with yer shopping?  :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sunday morning I mowed and blew into piles, all the down leaves in my sons yard.  He has two big trees, one red and one silver maple that still had 90% of their leaves.  I joked about hoping for a north wind so all the leaves would land in the neighbors yard.  I think we got the northwest wind and now I hope all the leaves get blown down.  Does that make him a bad neighbor.  What the neighbor etiquette for having your trees leaves land in their yard?  How do you guys handle this situation?   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
By having more acres so I am not by a neighbor.  :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
if its in my neighbor to the north of me......tough sheet!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:

in all seriousness, all the neighbors have trees that depending on the wind direction land in one anothers yards at times. for the most part we each deal with whats there. i do not have a rider so i just use a blower and will go over the boundries and blow most of the leaves from my trees and deal with them.   its always worked out.

i am trying something a bit different this year.  i'm using the lawnmower and mulching up some of the leaves to leave lay in the grass. i read and was told by the guy that owns Mississippi topsoils its great fertilizer for the grass. with the leaves from my big maple there is no way i can do it all, but i have been putting a good layer of the maple leaves and tilling them in the garden.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been raking/mowing/mulching all the neighbor's leaves for 25 years, and I'm sick of it!  :angry2:  Especially now, since I can't get out to physically do it anymore. Plus, my yard is all fenced in, so they stay put.  Neighbor on the south side has 3 huge maples; I get most of hers. North side, 4 big birch. Get a lot of theirs, and behind me, on a small hill,  3 huge maples that fall down into my yard. I have a spruce and apple tree, that's it. Myself and my friends over the years have taken out my 2 huge maples, an apple tree, 2 mountain ash, and a birch. Leaves used to get over 2' high in back. I'm not kidding. We'd actually plow them into huge piles. Not much ya can do about it...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

i am trying something a bit different this year.  i'm using the lawnmower and mulching up some of the leaves to leave lay in the grass. i read and was told by the guy that owns Mississippi topsoils its great fertilizer for the grass. with the leaves from my big maple there is no way i can do it all, but i have been putting a good layer of the maple leaves and tilling them in the garden.

It is. In back, I just take the rider over them repeatedly until they're all mulched/broken up into little pieces. Can't afford to pay someone to rake and bag 'em, anyway. Ya mulch them up good, they'll break down, and what's left, get's raked up with the spring yard prep. And you know how my lawn looks.... :azn:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
As a kid I used to love the burning leaves program in the back yard.  I can remember with all of the trees in Luverne the whole town smelled like burning leaves.  It was great.  Having a fire was a great way to motivate us kids to "go get more leaves"...   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
*sigh* The good ol' days....

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You need some sheep Reb!  :happy1: In my case the leaves need to blow thru the pasture before they get the neighbor's lawn. The sheep eat them before they get there. I just wait until they're all down. The wind blows them across the road into the ditch or into the pasture. Once they get crispy, crackly dry, the few patches that are left behind I grind up into confetti with the orange mower.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, I do! Got enough other wildlife on this block..... :rolleyes:  Might as well get some sheep!🐏

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Best of all, once the neighbor lady got a load of these little cuties she'd be over all the time!  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Best of all, once the neighbor lady got a load of these little cuties she'd be over all the time!  :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Don't you have some jar rings to go polish?  :moon: :moon:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Don't you have some jar rings to go polish?  :moon: :moon:
leech is coming over this weekend to help!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: