Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903027 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Markn, that's why the list. :rotflmao: depends on who is in charge of what duties. I have to keep room for deer in the truck.

That's why the glove box is empty?
:mooning: :mooning: :tut: :tut: :tut: funny boy.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good one there, markn.  That is a good question.  I usually have way more than I need but I guess I feel responsible for everyone to have a good time.  In doing so I need extra stuff, (jackets, boots, food, hand and foot warmers, rope, gloves etc.) in case someone forgets theirs or gets them wet. Good thing most of the extra stuff stays at the cabin.  I've been doing this for about 30 years now and probably should turn more of it over to my son or the next generation.  But I guess as long as I can do it, I will continue doing it.  I still managed to get in plenty hunting for myself.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
-2 degrees here this morning. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Frosty and 2* here....

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, it used to be clothes, gun, bullets, knife, rope, and license (and TP  ;)). 

And then they started marketing deer calls.   :doah:

And then I had success with a call and soon I needed a nap sack and quickly filled it up with "essentials."  More deer calls:  bleat cans, grunt calls of different sizes and tones.  Rattle antlers (because they worked one or two times for me).  Scent wicks and later Buck Bomb spray cans.  Drag rope WITH straps to make it easier to pull stuff.  Safety harness.  Rubber gloves so my hands won't get bloody.*  Carry water to stay hydrated.  Range finder (bow season) or binoculars (gun season).  Hand warmers (best hunting innovation ever  :happy1:).  I know I must be forgetting something.  Oh yeah, extra tree hooks to hang all this stuff from.

Good luck everyone.

*Ain't worried so much about the blood, but they say you should be worried about pathogens.  Funny thing is, when I get done gutting, at least one of the gloves managed to get breached and I have blood all over anyway.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

*Ain't worried so much about the blood, but they say you should be worried about pathogens.  Funny thing is, when I get done gutting, at least one of the gloves managed to get breached and I have blood all over anyway.

that's the truth!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Well it is for a few minutes yet. Was 5 above at choretime heading for a high in the low 20's. Sun is shining and it'd be a nice day if it was the last part of December.  :confused: Got grain troughs moved into the ewe feedlot last nite so fed them some screenings. Punted on moving hay feeders & bales until this a.m. cuz the ground would be froze & I could see what I was doing better. Started that after chores. Now I remember why I hate winter so much.

Got thru the gate with the 1st feeder & set it up. No sheep to be seen anywhere, way out in the pasture so I left the gate open & retrieved the other one. Took me all of three minutes. Headed out of that lot with the feeder & all 30 of the bastards run past me heading for the road! Wheeled the tractor around & cut 'em off at the pass then pushed 'em back into their lot. They were just dinks about it after that too when I went to get the first bale. Had to keep hovering around the gate and given the chance they were thru it like glenn on a fishing trip trying to get to Morey's before closing time! Once I got a bale peeled open, then they were fine. Once again I concluded, this is why we eat them!  :angry: Speaking of that, got a call from Morgan's Meat Market & I have a couple victims to retrieve. Praise the lord and pass the potatoes! :happy1:     
« Last Edit: November 11/07/19, 12:09:16 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That's the worst thing about farming, damn animals just don't behave. :tut:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  good luck Dotch them animals gots to be females acting up like dat. Not much new this away besides I ordered some mo seasonings from curly's today, stuff for sticks, salami and bologna.  Been shopping tires like crazy, the more I look I want a set of em all, maybe 1 of each should do.. well i gots dinner duties so its grilled cheese and mater soup I'm  thinking,  took a page otta lbbg's book and grilled the inside first. easy peasy that's me!!  :sleazy:
« Last Edit: November 11/07/19, 06:01:42 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
My choice is Michelin....   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
My choice is Michelin....   
Hmmmmmm,  pops said the same thing..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, I took a long time/review reading before finding the right ones. Lotsa brands out there.  Been a year now and I love  the ones I bought. Way better than the factory ones that came on the truck.
« Last Edit: November 11/07/19, 07:07:23 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Well it is for a few minutes yet. Was 5 above at choretime heading for a high in the low 20's. Sun is shining and it'd be a nice day if it was the last part of December.  :confused: Got grain troughs moved into the ewe feedlot last nite so fed them some screenings. Punted on moving hay feeders & bales until this a.m. cuz the ground would be froze & I could see what I was doing better. Started that after chores. Now I remember why I hate winter so much.

Got thru the gate with the 1st feeder & set it up. No sheep to be seen anywhere, way out in the pasture so I left the gate open & retrieved the other one. Took me all of three minutes. Headed out of that lot with the feeder & all 30 of the bastards run past me heading for the road! Wheeled the tractor around & cut 'em off at the pass then pushed 'em back into their lot. They were just dinks about it after that too when I went to get the first bale. Had to keep hovering around the gate and given the chance they were thru it like glenn on a fishing trip trying to get to Morey's before closing time! Once I got a bale peeled open, then they were fine. Once again I concluded, this is why we eat them!  :angry: Speaking of that, got a call from Morgan's Meat Market & I have a couple victims to retrieve. Praise the lord and pass the potatoes! :happy1:     
ya know I don't think that glenn fishing trip was needed  :tut: :tut: :tut: nor even true.

hope you run outta gin!!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
                           :huh:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I ordered a set of Firestone Destination AT's.  I had them before and put them on 3 trucks that I owned.  Really liked them.  Was looking at some Michelins but these were on sale for $183 a tire at Walmart.  Great mounting and installing program with them.  Also free rotation I think every 7,000 miles.. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 13* here heading for 30ish i do believe today. Had 7 above last night at 10 o-clock. I also run Firestones on my truck, the Transforce AT is what I run. That tread has been really good for me. I think I am on my 3rd set of them. Also usually run Firestones on the Wife's car. I get mine at the dealer here in Warroad. Well the blazer is all packed and I am heading to deer camp after work. I have all next week off for hunting. But that has become kind of messed up now. Found out last night that we have a funeral to go to on Monday in Detroit Lakes for my wife's cousin. Then on Tuesday we have to go down to Fargo for a doctor appointment for the wife. Funny the theme to be all about the wife. ;) :rotflmao: Well just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys. And shoot straight. Or around the tree if necessary. ;)
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Slowly getting truck loaded.  Should be hitting the road  within the hour. Brother sent me a picture last nite. Needed to chop a hole for lake water. Said there's 2 inches of ice around the dock

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all and good luck fellers!!!  got a few things done yesterday and will do a few more today,,  the ice on the shore line could be interesting..  still open in the middle of the lake..  have a good day all!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  JB, I took a week off for deer hunting once a couple of years before I retired.  About 3 days in they started calling me from work to see if I was really taking the whole week off?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  It was actually pretty funny.  I did go in and help for a day..  SO I have been noticing the count was in the high 900,000 range and wanted to watch it hit a million.  I forgot and it is already 9,000 over a million.   :happy1: :happy1:  Unreal!  Kind of a nice day here today.  I have to head into town for some supplies and to pay some bills today.  Buddy will like that.  Have a good one all of you.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 19 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Looks like a roller coaster ride for temps the next few days. It should knock the snow off the corn stalks and allow picking the remainder of the corn to commence. Would've been nice for the deer hunters if it was off. Put a set of Firestone Transforce AT's last time on the pickup. Nice on the hwy, wearing nice but haven't been as impressed with their grab especially in the winter. Prolly go back to the BF Goodrich All Terrain TA's I was running before. Running Firestones on the wife's car. Like them but it's time to put the snow tires on that soon. Ford Fusions w/o snow tires in the winter are about helpless.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You know what these are, Dotch..... ;)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Why if I didn't know better I'd say they're Uniroyal Laredo Cross Country's... :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Why if I didn't know better I'd say they're Uniroyal Laredo Cross Country's... :rotflmao:

Uniroyal?   Are they still around? 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner!

Uniroyal?   Are they still around? 

Uh, ya. They're Michelins. Carbon copies and ride same as the Defender LTX M/S I had on my other trucks.  :rolleyes:

Consumer Reports:

An all season tire designed for light duty pickups and SUVs. Owned and made by Michelin, the Uniroyal Laredo Cross Country  tire has a 65,000 mile tread life based on CR tests. Scored excellent in all our test categories.

Tire World...  "A 5 star tire"...
« Last Edit: November 11/08/19, 07:36:14 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  definitely tgif. Gots a dozen eggs and some cheese ready for some cold smoking tomorrow and more beef sticks mixed up to do as well, I best clean up the kitchen Dotch's method before mamma gets home!! This pick em up came with Firestone Transforce AT but havnt lasted as long as I liked them too , I hear ya Dotch on the meaty  Bfgoodrich, I got 70,000 otta my last set on my GMC. Goodyear's , perrelli,  coopers even Mickey Thompson all produce some nice truck skins. Decisions  decisions.. I think it'll come down to free rotations added in the mix like lps pointed out, who knows maybe they all do that now a days..

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have had such good luck just ordering and having them dropped off at Wally World and then getting the mounting done there.  I ordered those Destination ATs on Wed.  Supposed to be here by next Thursday.  THEY JUST GOT HERE!!!.   That is 2 days.   On the Wally website these had to be delivered to your home.  Free shipping.  I called the store and they said the website is flawed and that happens but if I bring my Walmart printed out receipt I still get the credit for buying them there. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all you guys who ain't out in the woods. :deer: I'm still up in Austin but about done here for this trip so we'll be headed back south later today or early tomorrow. Brother had a new HP computer(Ebay) delivered here Wednesday as the old 1 up here wasn't gettin it done anymore. Got it set up late Thursday & we were busy yday so I'm still gettin my stuff workin on it. Hope your Saturday is a good 1. :happy1: Good luck to all the hunters & be safe.  :cool: 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yup Gunner quiet here this morning..  got a few things going on today but nothing big..  got my gutters cleaned yesterday, that leaf blower with gutter cleaning attachment is sweet!!!  no more ladders!!  have a good day all!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  May have to get me one of them next summer Mike.  We got another inch or so of snow last night.  27 here now so that isn't bad at all.  Just having a cup of java and waiting for the Gophers game.  Hope it is a good game, win or lose.  I suppose everyone is chasing deers around today.  Not me yet.  I may later on though.  We shall see.  Stay safe and warm today.