Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904325 times)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 Shot the muzzleloader yesterday, two rounds in a two inch circle works for me. Should hang Christmas lights and get that done today. Later.... :happy1:
mm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
35* and cloudy , headed for forty, no big plans today.... have a good sunday, y'all. :coffee:
« Last Edit: November 11/24/19, 09:04:48 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Did my best impression of Clarke Griswold and put most of the x-mas lights up, just waiting on momma to pick up some spruce tip pots and I can get the rest out. Patio furniture is put away so now the dance floor is wide open for snow chucking,  except the grill is left of course. Speakin of snow, I best get the chucker fueled up and ready to go..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mornin people's,  there saying 46 for a high today so I'm thinking the x-mas lights will probably go on the house today with no vikes game to watch.  2 day work week this week so that'll be nice, looks like it's good timing new skin's are going on the pick em up Wednesday with snow in the forecast for a few different days this week.  Paper just showed up...See ya!!
Christmas lights...…….BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin people's,  there saying 46 for a high today so I'm thinking the x-mas lights will probably go on the house today with no vikes game to watch.  2 day work week this week so that'll be nice, looks like it's good timing new skin's are going on the pick em up Wednesday with snow in the forecast for a few different days this week.  Paper just showed up...See ya!!
Christmas lights...…….BAH HUMBUG!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'm with ya!  :happy1:  Ya see the tree I made today?    ;)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Last Friday I attempted to change oil in the car.  Used same 13MM socket to remove plug.  Stripped off.  Put on with more force and rounded the bolt head.  I spent an hour under the car using vice grips and pipe wrench. No go. Went to neighbor who works on cars and he gave me a tool set similar to easy out only for bolt heads.  I couldn't get the tool (looks just like a socket) to stick on the head so gave up.  Saturday at the land so no work on cars.  I ask my son to come help me today.  While waiting I made a ramp for the car so we would have better access to the damn plug.  My son got it out while I was looking for a tool.  New plug and oil is changed.  Never did that before.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I feel your pain deadeye. Did the same be with an oil filter once. :angry2:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hoo boy! Aren't those stripped plugs fun?! Got so sick of trying to get other people plugs out
that I ended up just starting with a big vise grip and giving it a rap.....the prob is so many people used adjustable wrenches on their plugs, and rounded off the edges.

And Glenn...always lube that fiketr's rubber sealing ring and only put on hand tight...NEVER use a wrench, or you'll be using one and a rod thru it to get it off.  :doah:
« Last Edit: November 11/24/19, 08:41:49 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes dad!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I always use clean grease to lube the seal. And this was umpty nine years ago. :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good boy!  :happy1:  I even would take a socket and do a quick tack weld on a pan plug...just put yer wrench in the drive hole, and away ya go.
« Last Edit: November 11/24/19, 08:58:53 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good idea there Rebs.  The plug I bought is 15mm which is bigger than the 13mm from factory. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 36 and that's about it for temp here today..  talkin snow tomorrow night..  well it is Minn.  got a few small things to do today so that will be enough..  have a good day today all!!                                                                         
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 31* and a couple inches of snow and still snowing when I left for work. Was kinda slippery on the way in. Speent Friday afternoon and Saturday hunting. The wife shot a doe saturday evening so yesterday we cut up the deer we had hanging. This weekend will be grinding and sausage making. Short week this week will be nice. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning, zpe t the weekend cuting up and grinding, 2 deer and half a bear. i have 3, 25lb meat bat hes ready to mix and stuff. so glad to have most of it done. no i have to scramble to get ready for  the long weekend at cookies. all the wheelers and equipment is in storage. uggg
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck helping cookie. And I bet he appreciates it. Your kinda a good guy. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: gawd that hurt to say that  :pouty:

Morning fellers off to Fargo, then in the morning down to Sioux falls. I sure hope this supposed weather Armageddon waits till I get home Tuesday nite.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 36* & headed for upper 40's. I see that they've upped our snowfall totals for the upcoming storm, now they're sayin 5-10 with 35-40 mph winds startin Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. We were planning on traveling tomorrow afternoon anyway but we'll still have to keep an eye on the weather. Some errands to do today otherwise a slow day, hope your Monday is a good 1. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck helping cookie. And I bet he appreciates it. Your kinda a good guy. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: gawd that hurt to say that  :pouty:

Morning fellers off to Fargo, then in the morning down to Sioux falls. I sure hope this supposed weather Armageddon waits till I get home Tuesday nite.
  :happy1: Bet it did, thought :scratch: I felt you shudder down here. :rolleyes: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: it was that noticeable?? :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I though he just farted..... :scratch:

Morning kiddos. 39* and gloomy here. Waiting for that 6-9" snow with sleet, rain, hail, grauple, mist, and ice the morjits are caterwauling doing backflips over about here on Wednesday. Why is it every time I have a Doc appt downtown that has to happen???! What makes it tough is I can't walk any distance, and then there's nowhere close to park during a storm.... :rolleyes:  Dentist appt today at noon, too, then run and get the milk, eggs, bread thing. Thursday looks lousy, too. Glad the drive out to see Mom isn't far. Jut not looking forward to the digging out first before I head out there.  :snow2:
Time to get crackin'....have a good one guys.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good idea there Rebs.  The plug I bought is 15mm which is bigger than the 13mm from factory.

There ya go! Ya could pop an easy drain plug in, but I just don't trust those , with all the salt and goo on the roads here. Some use ball valves, others a spring and plate. Not for me. Too much old school.  :laugh:

https://www.uniquedrainplugs.com/product/13913/quick-changer-oil-drain-plug-14mm-125?affiliateID=10056&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9pGoisyF5gIVTR-tBh1Xsw_rEAQYBSABEgI_wPD_BwE

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup been there and done that DE.  A guy really feels good when it finally comes together though.  Can be a real character builder...  Been kinda sleeting all night but not heavy.  Probably an inch or two of it and snow now.  Gonna do it throughout the day I think.  Get to,,,,er I mean have to go to town today to pay some bills.  Should be a fun trip.  I will hit the grocery store and see what other retired guys are in there shopping too.  LOL  It seems to be the social event of the day to go there.  LOL  Got our turkey in the beer fridge thawing.  Stay safe and slow down in this weather coming up. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:......Hey! You should start an app for retired guys hanging out in grocery stores, Barry! You could call it "Grab 'n gab!" All the latest tricks for getting bargains, upcoming sales, coopin swaps, how to "saunter" down the aisles properly, etc.   :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: November 11/25/19, 09:26:51 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Would farting come under the "saunter" heading?  :scratch:

Mornin' gang! 37 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Supposed to be a breeze so it may dry things off on top before the chit hits the fan on Tues. 6" - 10" of snow predicted. Prolly get my ducks in a row at home this afternoon then hook up to the snow blower to ward off the evil spirits. Turkey thawing here too. Hopefully be able to grill it. Picked a paper grocery bag full of small cones off the spruce in front of the house. Mrs. Cheviot likes them for floral arrangements. I like sticking my head in the bag & inhaling. Smells like gin or the camp in Canada, I haven't decided which...  :confused:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Look out guys!!! Wedder morjit alert!!  Isn't this Glenn's cousin??   :scratch:  :rotflmao:

https://youtu.be/5yzXGlvxnPQ
« Last Edit: November 11/25/19, 09:31:38 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Would farting come under the "saunter" heading?  :scratch:

Mornin' gang! 37 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Supposed to be a breeze so it may dry things off on top before the chit hits the fan on Tues. 6" - 10" of snow predicted. Prolly get my ducks in a row at home this afternoon then hook up to the snow blower to ward off the evil spirits. Turkey thawing here too. Hopefully be able to grill it. Picked a paper grocery bag full of small cones off the spruce in front of the house. Mrs. Cheviot likes them for floral arrangements. I like sticking my head in the bag & inhaling. Smells like gin or the camp in Canada, I haven't decided which...  :confused:

Don't snort in too hard...you'll get a nozzle full of those pesky little pine sap mites.     :shocked: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wish I woulda had my camera......! Came outa Walfart, and in the NW bank lot boulevard, were two big Tom turkeys struttin' around! Good sized ones!  :shocked:   :Turkey:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ya sure it was turkeys??  with the changes down there it could have imposters!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think so....although they were big and black, and struttin'....... :rolleyes:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wish I woulda had my camera......! Came outa Walfart, and in the NW bank lot boulevard, were two big Tom turkeys struttin' around! Good sized ones!  :shocked:   :Turkey:
admit it, you had your camera but it was full of pictures of the isle bovines. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
OK. Just for you. Ya, they blocked the entire wide-angle lens.   :rotflmao:  :censored: