Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903168 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 16* headed for 24*. I see they've issued a SWS for Mower county warning the idjits that it COULD be slippery out. :bonk: :rolleyes: Couldn't sleep so got on the puter for some more holiday shopping :party1:, weeee! About done :happybounce: :cool:. The old van started runnin warm & leakin antifreeze the other day so we're gonna have it looked at today. It might be on it's last leg as it not worth stickin much $ into it. It's a '97 with 150K+ on it, most of those trips to the lake & back, so it doesn't owe us anything. Have a good Monday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Awe but you really didn't have to get me anything. :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Had 5 to start the day here. Back to work today. Another fine money. Yippy. Hey Barry. Have you heard of anything fishing wise going on over by line island. The wife woke up at 2:30 to go tinkle and there were a bunch of lights over that direction. By 4:30 they were gone. Strange. Maybe you could do some R and R. Retired research. Lol. We'll, just another day in Paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Awe but you really didn't have to get me anything. :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I think he is getting you a van.....

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  5 here too.  The river ice stopped moving yesterday.  Finally going to stay that way I'm thinking now.  I heard they are going out on wheelers out of Graceton Beach.  One guy had a side by side and the back end went down so they got it out and decided they had done enough fishing for the day.  LOL  That was a few days ago.  I heard one guy from here say he was in an area with 16" of ice.  Hard to believe and may have just been an isolated area.  I am getting curious too JB.  I bet they are going off Pine with wheelers too. To be out that early makes me think they were going across to Bridges or Garden so they would be there by sunrise.  ???  I'm not that adventurous anymore.  I survived the dumb things we did to get on early ice for years and thankful that I am here yet.   Have a lot of orders to drop off at Spee Dee today and that always makes my day!  Think I will get the wood burner going in the shop today and work out there for awhile.   :happy1:  Have a good one all and walk like a duck so you don't slip and fall.  The wife tells me that when it is slippery.  LOL

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 1 here this morning, nippy!!  had a good weekend despite the snow!!  my parks needs a new zipper so will have to take that in today, darn thing..  other than that just a few small things to do today..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: It wasn't easy to find :rolleyes: but I'm sure your gonna like it. :sleazy: :evil: :nerd: :nerd:
« Last Edit: December 12/02/19, 08:18:54 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I think he is getting you a van.....
as long as he gets it fixed first!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :moon: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah: It wasn't easy to find :rolleyes: but I'm sure your gonna like it. :sleazy: :evil: :nerd: :nerd:
I was 'bout ready to give up until I remembered Dotch  ALWAYS has somethin special for you. :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I was 'bout ready to give up until I remembered Dotch  ALWAYS has somethin special for you. :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 8 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-20's. Lotsa sunshine so far so at least that part's better than the last several days. Forgot to look at St. Olaf Lake on my way by this a.m. to see if it froze over again. I doubt it. Were numerous geese on it last nite.

I think that van for glenn sounds like a splendid idea. Even better, glenn could have two! I have a Pontiac Transnort of the same vintage, re-powered about 30,000 miles ago. The fan only works on the high setting and it plays all kinds of other fun electrical games. It's been used to haul lambs, goats, calves and probably some bunnies too. And with two vans, think of all the union thugs that could go from place to place inciting riots and creating general unrest.  :police: Or napping... :rotflmao: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and yup ya could fill the vans before ya give them to him!!!  I'm sure the sheep will donate!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
and yup ya could fill the vans before ya give them to him!!!  I'm sure the sheep will donate!!!
:tut: :tut: :tut: man some friend!!!!!!! training-087 :banghead: :banghead:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 8 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-20's. Lotsa sunshine so far so at least that part's better than the last several days. Forgot to look at St. Olaf Lake on my way by this a.m. to see if it froze over again. I doubt it. Were numerous geese on it last nite.

I think that van for glenn sounds like a splendid idea. Even better, glenn could have two! I have a Pontiac Transnort of the same vintage, re-powered about 30,000 miles ago. The fan only works on the high setting and it plays all kinds of other fun electrical games. It's been used to haul lambs, goats, calves and probably some bunnies too. And with two vans, think of all the union thugs that could go from place to place inciting riots and creating general unrest.  :police: Or napping... :rotflmao:
yea i could use a van..........my car gets quite crowded with all them fishing gals piled in. good thing the have skimpy clothes..........so they dont take much room!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :sleazy:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Pretty sure there are some "treats" under the seats in addition to some peanut M & M's and the odd mummified french fry... :hubba:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

yea i could use a van..........my car gets quite crowded with all them fishing gals piled in. good thing the have skimpy clothes..........so they dont take much room!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :sleazy:
WAKE UP GLENN!! :bonk:  Not even 10 & that's way too early to be takin a nap & dreaming.  :tut: :pouty: ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: December 12/02/19, 11:37:19 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 20* here to start the day today heading for the high 20s. Well, the vikes did alright last night. Unfortunately they did not win. Definitely was not captain Kirks fault. To many other mistakes. :crazy: And when the D need to make the big stops, they did not. :angry2: On to next week I guess. No lights out on the lake this morning. Lots of rumors floating around that it was resort doing a secret recovery under the cover of darkness. :crazy:WE had major network issues all day here at work yesterday. Made for a long day. Had to look at the fishing babes on my phone instead of the big screen. May have to go back and look again this morning on the big screen. Well just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, I hear a semi hit a state plow truck by Osakis last night. but it sounds like the drivers are both ok...  I don't under stand that in clear weather...  looks like we will see 30 today..  have a good day all!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
mornin all, I hear a semi hit a state plow truck by Osakis last night. but it sounds like the drivers are both ok...  I don't under stand that in clear weather...  looks like we will see 30 today..  have a good day all!!!

:doofus:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I couldn't stand anymore pain so I went to bed after Diggs the whiner let the D guy have the ball.  Got some stuff to do today and mayhaps even a ride to town.  Have to think of something for supper too.  SO Big day...    LOL

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 25* now goin for mid-30's. It's time for a change of address again as we'll be headin south again today. Looks like the van lives on as we've decided to get it fixed. The youngest niece is in need of a ride right now & that kinda helped our decision. Not much else here & hopin to be home by noon so I better roll. Have a good 1.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like maybe I'm  lucky I couldn't watch it...DirecTV guy is supposed to be here in a bit to upgrade my receiver for free, after the pixilation probs last week, they said just a swap out, but we'll see. Gonna have a little chat with him.  :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......gonna be off to red wing today and maybe overnight. thursday off to sioux falls...........

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 22 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. At least we're seeing a little sun, something that didn't happen much last week. Looks like St. Olaf Lake has frozen over again. The geese that were keeping a hole open were gone this a.m. Da Queens game turned out about like I'd guessed. Tough to beat the Seachickens at home no matter who you are. Switched between that and Gopher hoops vs. Clemson. Better result. Marcus Carr got his poop in a group and Oturu continues to impress. We'll see if they can get Frannie's blood boiling next Monday. Best thing to come along since Bobby Knight. Needs to work on his chair throwing technique however. From the master...:cheerleader:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukpekodCQ-U

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
DirecTV here and gone. Had to put new dish and mounts on roof.... :doah:  New receiver is nice, shows/movies on demand, and can stream from internet...didn't know that was possible on older non-"flatscreen/smart" TV. Yup, it is. Just program in yer router code and #. But, really hard to read onscreen display with new aspect ratio on older sets. May need to use my binoculars from my chair. Also some additional channels...but not ESPN.  :rolleyes: Guy was really great, in and out in a bit over an hour. He even said people ya talk to on phone "don't have a clue". That was obvious when they said "Oh no, they won't need to put up a new dish". Even I knew HD takes a bigger dish and a 3 head LNB instead of just one.  :rolleyes:
 O well, that's all done. Now just to program in the channels I want into my settings. There goes the afternoon.... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/03/19, 10:27:47 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Back In Ia since around 10 & they're sayin we might hit 40* here 4 out of the next 5 days. :happy1: Very little white stuff down here either, only in the ditches on the north & west side of the roads was there some. Osage had a little on the ground but that was gone in the last 10 miles or so.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great that you got the TV thing figured out Rebs.  New and Improved is always a good thing.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup. But the picture is kinda compressed since it's old format....*sigh* I'm gonna get a new one as soon as I can swing it, because I haveta get rid of the entertainment center and find a new one that'll fit all the audio gear too... :rolleyes:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup. But the picture is kinda compressed since it's old format....*sigh* I'm gonna get a new one as soon as I can swing it, because I haveta get rid of the entertainment center and find a new one that'll fit all the audio gear too... :rolleyes:

Keep watching.    Target had some unbelievable prices on TV's Thanksgiving night.   They'll be back.  Or check out Glenn's fave, wallyworld.   

Walter has a 60 inch LG 4k tv for $398.  Or a JVC 55 inch roku smart tv for $289.  Just looked at the cyberweek ad online.   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 30* here this AM and that appears to be the high for today. Yep, TVs have sure come down in price. It is amazing how the picture is so much more gooder on the HD tvs. Not much else happening, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.