Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903852 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
TGIF boys!! Top of the mornin to ya. Seen 2* on the way into work this morning. A little nippy. Going to get even colder next week. Below zero highs they are saying next week. That will do some ice making. My big plans are to work on the fish house I am building this weekend. I have all the steel pieces cut for the frame and ready to weld. Welding it together will be tonights project. I am hoping to have the shell all done this weekend. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 13 here and some cooler today...   and I see that colder weather too..  below 0 highs are not fun!!going to a wake this morning..  fellow was 82 but the last 5 years or so his Alzheimer's was really bad..  he was a character for sure, buy the cheapest beer available then drink it from the case warm year round!!  too funny!!  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry for the loss of your friend Mike.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Some nice stuff in the news for once this am.................... :smiley:

https://www.nbcnews.com/slideshow/rockefeller-christmas-tree-s-journey-upstate-big-city-n1079496

That is a great story Rebs.  I wonder what the stake in the bottom of the tree is for?  Maybe just to keep it from slipping off the stand?

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Best keep your gerbils to yourself Del. Too much information.

I guess you don't recall when that was sort of a viral account going around.   Youse guys are too young.    And I'm not the guy with hamsters in a ball.   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Sorry to hear that Mike.  Sounds like a nice guy too.  Yup it is a cold one.  We have been fishing on about 4" of nice hard ice.  Now it will be nice to get it frozen thicker so we can put houses out.  I am not going to rush it.  Sort of feeling like a cold coming on too.  The wife got me some lozenges that are supposed to make it better.  LOL  Well you all have a good one. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Sorry to hear that Mike.  Sounds like a nice guy too.  Yup it is a cold one.  We have been fishing on about 4" of nice hard ice.  Now it will be nice to get it frozen thicker so we can put houses out.  I am not going to rush it.  Sort of feeling like a cold coming on too.  The wife got me some lozenges that are supposed to make it better.  LOL  Well you all have a good one.

Cold-eze zinc lozenges.  My wife is a big fan of those to prevent/help cure a cold.     Not sure that they do much but maybe so I go along...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is exactly what they are Del.   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
anyone going to be at the ice show today?
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we've got 25* now & headed all the way up to 28* for the high. We did hit 48* yday & see 40's are forecasted for Saturday & Sunday yet, with the big chill startin 'bout Tuesday. Sad to hear about your buddy, mike. Not much too pressing on the list for today, hopin your Friday's a good 1. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
anyone going to be at the ice show today?

You can get Lindell Ice Rigs at Reeds Booth!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

Cold-eze zinc lozenges.  My wife is a big fan of those to prevent/help cure a cold.     Not sure that they do much but maybe so I go along...
i'm an adamant believer in Zicam.............anything with zinc. when i feel a cold coming on i pump that into me like no tomorrow.....even more so then beer!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers...........so tonight when i get home from slaving away all day, gonna slice up that roast for philly sammiches and as long as i got the slicer warmed up slice up 10 lbs of venny muscile meat for jerky. 
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just don't try runnin that slicer :tut: with that new sun mask you where showin us. :crazy: ;) :nerd: :nerd:
« Last Edit: December 12/06/19, 10:05:28 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just don't try runnin that slicer :tut: with that new sun mask you where showin us on. :crazy: ;) :nerd: :nerd:
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :doah: unlike most you clowns.......i dont need to hide my face!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :moon: :moon: :mooning: :sleazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Just don't try runnin that slicer :tut: with that new sun mask you where showin us on. :crazy: ;) :nerd: :nerd:

Have you seen it, Gunner?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/06/19, 08:40:21 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe you should though, bet it'd improve your chances of getting that smart 5 year old to stop by.  :evil: :sleazy: :super smiley: :laughroll:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/active-shooter-reported-naval-air-station-pensacola-n1096966
Yeah, read it off your link on the other thread Reb

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
JB....yer using steel on yer frame? Can I ask why not aluminum, because of the tougher welding? What's the frame? Tubular or square? Are ya gonna spray foam the interior? Been involved in a lot of ice shack builds, like hearing how folks do their's is all... I'm surprised we don't have an ice-shack in progress thread......always fun to follow. :smiley:.

Del, just becuz I had a hamster in a ball for a pet, don't try to draw a parallel of that into yer whacko  Gerbil fantasies. I had gerbils when I was a kid too, and they are cute little pets.
« Last Edit: December 12/06/19, 08:53:58 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/active-shooter-reported-naval-air-station-pensacola-n1096966
Yeah, read it off your link on the other thread Reb

Go back and look again....I wasn't awake yet, Gunner..... :doofus:       :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
JB....yer using steel on yer frame? Can I ask why not aluminum, because of the tougher welding? What's the frame? Tubular or square? Are ya gonna spray foam the interior? Been involved in a lot of ice shack builds, like hearing how folks do their's is all... :smiley:.

Del, just becuz I had a hamster in a ball for a pet, don't try to draw a parallel of that into yer whacko  Gerbil fantasies. I had gerbils when I was a kid too, and they are cute little pets.
:popcorn:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Why don't you go try some work for once, or go play with yer meat slicer?    :mooning:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
St. Paul ice fishing show is today, guys............. :Fish:

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN

I'll be there walking around
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, just like smurfs in a spear shack.  ;)   

The ice show is a fun time, even if ya don't buy anything. At least it gets ya up to speed on the latest gear for the year...

Now GET TO WORK, ya knockwurst! !!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
agreed ice show is over rated...remember this if'en ya go,leave you check book/credit cards at home otherwise  some beeches will pony rope ya in to crap you don't need...damn carnies

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
only thing i bought there of any value where mt leech lake knives. no regrets.

i did enjoy the people watching :sleazy: and seeing all the resort owners there. it was always nice seeing Kim and Rick from highbanks!!!!!!!!

i did however score a free sunscreen from the Marcum people one year after pestering them for 2 years prior!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
JB....yer using steel on yer frame? Can I ask why not aluminum, because of the tougher welding? What's the frame? Tubular or square? Are ya gonna spray foam the interior? Been involved in a lot of ice shack builds, like hearing how folks do their's is all... I'm surprised we don't have an ice-shack in progress thread......always fun to follow. :smiley:.

Yep, steel on the frame since I don't have the tools to weld aluminum. I am using tube steel. It is just the skids and floor joist that are steel. The rest of the actual frame will be 2x2 pine. Then the siding and roof will be pole barn steel. I will post some pictures along the way.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking forward to the pics!!!   :happy1:  I've seen some real good ones over the years....one guy foamed his all in, (and that's spendy) and forgot to pull the wiring up into the outlets and use compression plugs.  (You usually install actual plug in/switches AFTER the foam-in) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: December 12/06/19, 03:03:41 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That steel will be a lot stronger than aluminum.  Won't weigh enough more to make a difference.