Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902352 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
oh I know how they drive...……...scares the bejesus outta me!!!!!!!!! I gotta do a bank run Monday. :pouty: :pouty: I can hardly wait...………...NOT!!!!!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I'll be wishing I owned a body shop come Monday AM.  :azn:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
oh I know how they drive...……...scares the bejesus outta me!!!!!!!!! I gotta do a bank run Monday. :pouty: :pouty: I can hardly wait...………...NOT!!!!!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk:
When we come home from the lake I always do the TC stretch 'cause my brother can't handle it. He likes to only do 2-3 over & wonders why they ride his bumper. :bonk: I'm doin more like 10 over all the way around 694 & they all still act like they're a 1/2 late. :crazy: No way would I deal with that everyday, not even for that big money you make. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The wifey went down 13 instead of going I 35 today just to be on the safe side. If the roads are icy, there's always some idjit who sets the cruise on 80 and ends up in the median. Roads were fine an hour and a half ago when I came into town. There was enough leftover crap on them from the three snowflakes they were too lazy to blade off last time that the roads were still white yesterday.  :bs:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya. when I first started this job, driving threw the cities I was as nervous as a prostitute in church. and I ALWAYS ended up hitting rush hour coming home from red wing......now its like meh...……..

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta be a first,  a 1 ton city  plow truck with a dump bed just came by going backwards dumping salt...whatever works I guess.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
the hardpacked snow/ice on my driveway is kind of treacherous and it wasn't cuz I was too lazy to scrape it off. At least not in my humble opinion. Maybe the inch of rain we're suppose to get will clear most of it off.
Good thing I got my momma's good looks and my daddy's sense of balance.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya. when I first started this job, driving threw the cities I was as nervous as a prostitute in church. and I ALWAYS ended up hitting rush hour coming home from red wing......now its like meh...……..

How nervous is that?  :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

How nervous is that?  :scratch:
dotch said nervous breakdown kinda nervous!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, he'd know!    :whistling: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Me neither anymore, I just look to find an open spot in the flow then check to see how fast I'm doin. Figure they aren't goin to stop 'em all even if they're all doin 85.  :crazy: Probably cause a big pile up if they did or they could even die. :tut: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta be a first,  a 1 ton city  plow truck with a dump bed just came by going backwards dumping salt...whatever works I guess.

You know it is icy when that is the game plan.  Been there done that.  Glad I don't anymore.  Think of what it is like in Duluth when it is icy!  That has got to be a headache.  Even a regular snowfall there would not be much fun to plow. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sleeting and snowing pretty good hear now!!!!!!!! it'll be melted by july!!!!!!! :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I try hard to avoid rush hour in the Cities.   I'm getting too old for that bumper to bumper at 75 mph stuff.  I've done it and I can still do it, like out there on the 5 in San Diego, but I prefer not to.  Same with 35 going north.   Retired so I don't need be out there Friday afternoon.... Weekdays are more my thing.   

Worst I was ever on was the road from Chicago to Indianapolis some years ago...  Bumper to bumper at 75 or 80 only most of the vehicles were big rigs.    Pretty nerve wracking.  Nothing like looking in the mirror and all you can see is a chrome bulldog.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
As for driving, doesn't look too bad here in Rochester.  34 and rain.     

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can do the cities thing but don't like it.  The 4 times the wife had classes right in downtown St. Paul we left at 4:00 on Friday afternoon.  That was in the winter too.  I didn't like that.  Of course it got dark right when we left too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
For me if depends on road conditions of road construction. :confused:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Still raining but roads are more better now, ran errands and fleet farm was one of them,  note to self go shopping there when the weather is crappy, hardly anyone in the place at noon. I can handle the traffic but I like to keep moving so I'll take backroads going out to the cabin on a Friday,  might be 20 miles longer but I'm moving..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It has been sunny all day here..  Wind from the south.  JB must have just turned his fan on cuz the wind is blowing south now.  I think that means the storm will stay south of us.   :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Weather had been goofy here all day. Half hour ago it was snowing like a cow, huge flakes. It quit and the deck had a quarter inch of sloppy slush on it

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hovering at 33 - 34 degrees and continues to rain so just wet. Driveway is melting off as a result. I always figured Art had cat-like reflexes... :rotflmao:

I lived in the Cities when going to school and working summers. I tolerated it. Now going thru early in the a.m. or later at nite when there's no sporting event it's OK. Usually what I'm driving is bigger than a lot of what's on the road especially if I'm pulling a trailer. What I don't like at rush hour is the dead stop or stop & go crawling at 5 - 10 mph for a half hour for accidents, especially if the pass/car pool lane is free and clear. That's just idiotic. Faster to go around, avoid the aggravation & come down thru St. Cloud taking back roads when returning from Canada for me. Besides there are apt to be more corn fields to pee in. I can write it off as crop scouting/business expense that way... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :crazy: :crazy: :pouty: and you talk about unions being crooked. :mad1: :censored: :doah: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
All legit. That info gleaned when I'm relieving myself along with crop growth stage and general health along the way gets funneled into ag news outlets. Also good things to know when we're arguing about total US & MN production in late August. Usually no one has been thru the areas where I go. Tough job but somebody's gotta do it... :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
All legit. That info gleaned when I'm relieving myself along with crop growth stage and general health along the way gets funneled into ag news outlets. Also good things to know when we're arguing about total US & MN production in late August. Usually no one has been thru the areas where I go. Tough job but somebody's gotta do it... :rotflmao:
:banghead: :banghead: your story you can tell how you like...….problem is I hear you travel under the depths of darkness...…..so i'm not sure how far into them fields you can actually see!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

well i think its time to head to the mancave, watch the college playoff games on ESPN and work on turtle clock shells......i gotz an order to fill!!!!!!

oh and it just so happens my workspot, the bar is 3 steps from the beer fridge!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn sounds like a great day.  Will you post some pics of your clocks? How big are they?  From 10 lb turtles or 20 lbers?

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, like you I'm batching it for a few days.  My wife, daughter and two granddaughters headed out yesterday to Montana to visit our college student granddaughter.  I'm using the "free" time to complete my IRS Tax preparer certification so I can volunteer for the AARP Tax Aide program. 

Jerkbiat, nice truck for sure.  Better keep it in the driveway for a few days so it don't get banged up.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn sounds like a great day.  Will you post some pics of your clocks? How big are they?  From 10 lb turtles or 20 lbers?
I'll try. Not sure, I got the shell no meat. :confused: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
.41" of rain here so far for those keeping score at home... :sad:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
raining here too!!!  crazy!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
It keeps switching from rain to snow here....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!