Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905164 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
mornin all, 6 here and that is the high it looks like..  -14 tonight..  at least the coffee is good and hot!!  I did get a few things done yesterday and will get a few more today.  mostly just some house cleaning and water the plants..  have a good day all!!!

"House cleaning and water the plants".....yer starting to sound like Aunt Bee!! :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/10/20, 08:40:17 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 24* now & that's 'bout the high for today. We got to Austin ~ 1:45 yday & after unpacking we had some errands to run. Stopped by to see Sis as she was working & had no idea we were comin to town. We had a few things we need from Wally so a quick trip there & back here before 3. I seen 42* on the van after the sun poked out while we were out, still pretty nice but quite a bit different from the upper 40's predicted for down home. Lots of things on the list for today but have to contact the lawyer before we can get started. Hope your Friday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: January 01/10/20, 08:42:59 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man I am glad I don't have to worry about fixing water main breaks anymore.  It was always colder than heck too.  Thanks for the heads up Mike.  I will water our plant too.  LOL  I still haven't done any grocery shopping like I was going to.  Maybe today.  I need a lime for health reasons so that will motivate me.   :sleazy:  Not much else going on and that is ok too.  Just waiting for the big game tomorrow. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 20 at choretime with temps falling to around 10 by 5 p.m. Playing it by ear for the weekend. Prolly haul some chit on Sunday since it's supposed to be the warmer day of the two. No cab on the skidsteer but luckily there are only about 3 loads in the small barn. All the farting around to get the job underway takes longer than the cleaning process does. Tearing the small barn out of there and replacing it with something more functional is definitely in order.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm watching a fellow trying to get his portable out of the ice...  he put it out there 3 weeks ago, before the snow and slop...  so it appears to be froze in darn good...  he has been at it for almost an hour...  well I'll be he just got it out...  wonder how much ice is on the bottom!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonder how much fabric is in the ice.... :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
A portable left on the ice, as Glenn would say  :tut: :tut: . Afternoon peoples,  speaking of ice the old new auger is almost complete ( think it's a 7" lps or could be an 8) I do need to find up a guard tho yet but I'm hoping it works, have pretty much nothing into it. Well feeling guilty I'm yapping at you guys and momma with the crud is making dinner so I better fly..before I do!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya got a side handle grip for the drill, boober?
« Last Edit: January 01/10/20, 05:15:20 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna try it without,  but if need to I'll hafta rig something up. Seen a dude on the lake that didn't have one and it worked, but not sure if he had the same blades..

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll just say go easy with it......'cuz if it "catches", you'll swear to gawd ya ripped yer wrist off.
Don't ask me how I know....  :rolleyes: Too many guys push down on it,and......*catch*YOW*
Having the side handle to hold helps a lot if ya just use palm of yer hand on it. Just didn't want ya to experience that fun second or two if it grabs... ;)
« Last Edit: January 01/10/20, 05:36:19 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Make sure you got a good grip on er boob....gonna be a wrist wrencher.....
« Last Edit: January 01/15/20, 06:52:48 AM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
What's the polka Padre album on there for??
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

I'm not sure.... I don't follow the links posted on here...  :banghead:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

on boobers auger??

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

on boobers auger??

That's the safety flange to keep it from going down the hole if the shaft separates....
« Last Edit: January 01/10/20, 08:08:50 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah  :happy1:  I see. I'm not up to speed on all that hi tech stuff. :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah  :happy1:  I see. I'm not up to speed on all that hi tech stuff. :rotflmao:
That's cuz spear chucking.. aah never mind  :mooning:. Sure like to give it a whirl this weekend,  maybe sunday. Gotta go see the pups tomorrow then watch the vikes kick some butt!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we've got 6* now & we might make 20*. Looks like that north wind is going to blow again today so it'll be another chilly 1. Well we didn't get very far yday with our list as we ran into another roadblock. Turns out we need the blessing of the IRS too before much else can happen & hopefully that'll be taken care of by Monday. Still have some stuff with the house we can do otherwise it's college bball & NFL here. Have good day
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -13 here and maybe make it to 5..  got a few things done yesterday and a few more today.. but it's going to be indoor chores too!!!  have a good day all!!

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
minus 31 here wtf  my notes said -14.
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning, it 64 here now going up to 70. I got the shorts and tee shirt on this morning.  :sleazy: I still haven’t had to pull out the snow shovel yet this year which is odd but I’ll take it. Work at the shop until 1:00 then might hit the one golf course for a quick 9 holes that stays  open year round if there is no snow on the ground. I’ll have to take advantage of it so I can say I golfed here in January. Y’all have a good day and stay safe.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning! 5* above here and clear. Nice bright Wolf moon going down in the western sky. Only plans for the day are visit Mom and scoot back home in time for the Vikes game. Sure is nice watching game on a big screen....finally! 27" TV all these years just didn't cut it anymore.
Got the makin's for tacos, burritos, and chilitos...but also have a nice pizza. Big decision for the afternoon...tacos or pizza with the game? Hmmm.... :scratch:  Have a good day, all.
« Last Edit: January 01/11/20, 07:49:47 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  -28.7 here.  My back is killing me.  Will have to crank up the hot pad for while.  That helps a lot.  Well we have NDSU Championship today at 11:00.  Then Vikes after that.  Gonna be a big day.  Not much going on here other than that.  May spatchcock a chicken today.  Did it one other time and turned out good.  Easy to do too.  Googled it. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 1 above at choretime. I see it's climbed to 3 now, heading for a high in the mid-teens. Sky is clear so there's some sunshine finally. As Reb pointed out the Full Moon was big and bright in the western sky earlier. Five pheasants flew out of the pines while we were on our way down to the barn. Writing mode today, finishing up a growing season summary to be published next week. After all the rainfall & temperature data will be ready for a break to watch football.  :huh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't forget guys, the NDSU Bison are playing for the National Championship today at 11AM.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't forget the horsies run at Santa Anita! 🐴
« Last Edit: January 01/11/20, 09:30:52 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 1 above here this morning. Nothing like yesterday. We got 3 cord of wood cut and unloaded before the game yesterday. I had my hopes up that the Bikes could do it. How dissapointing the second half was. We sure need to beef up that O line. The Titans were able to do what the Vikings couldn't do though. Pretty amazing they knocked out the Ravens. We plan to go cut another 3 cord today. That is the big plan for today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yup what a game...  well today I will get things ready to go down to my son's place this afternoon..  tomorrow I wlll be at the Mpls VA all day getting testing dome for the potential surgery in Feb..  that will be a long day, but I'm sure it will be worth it...  just got a few more small things to do today before I  go..  Have a great day all!!!   oh and 10 here going for 15...  snow chances got smaller for us but I think it's more east of here... 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think ya pushed yer snow chances down this way.....chance every day this week.... :angry:
10* here headed for 22* with snow. Looks like the tacos and burro-toes tonite, had the pizza while watching the Queens last nite. No plans today, laundry is done and house is clean...looks a puttering kind of day in the garage, mayhap. Have a good one guys.
« Last Edit: January 01/12/20, 08:22:41 AM by Rebel SS »