Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4951005 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
boy is the snow wreaking havoc on the roads this morning down by the cities!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
tell me about it!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :doofus: i left home 15 minutes earlier then i normally do and and was still late. a 1 hour normal drive took an hour and 40 minutes.
before i even got to clearwater there where 2 in the dirch and one bad accident by opportunity drive. thats between clearwater and st cloud. if someone dint die in that accident i'd be surprised!!!!!! :confused: looks like a pickup hit a car that may have spunout and the corner of the truck hit the car perfectly in the drivers side door. later i gotta do a bank run, hope the roads clear up by then!!!!!!!

morning fellers.................its friday, but gotta go to hagar city tomorrow!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That is too bad Glenn.  People need to slow down.  That is the main thing that gets us in trouble.  Got my shots in my back and hip yesterday.  Seems to have helped.  I will take it easy for the weekend and let it settle.  LOL  How does that sound?  They called it my Welcome to Medicare visit.  So they even did a heart ultra sound scan.  That is usually an $85 copay but it is included in that first visit so didn't cost anything.  The lady that did it said she thought it looked good so sure hope so.  Another nice day here.  Gotta be the best Jan. ever.  Would be nice to see some sun though but I am not complaining.  TGIF.  As if it matters.   :rotflmao:  Just got a call from the wife.  Needs me to run all of the way to town for her.  Oh well I guess I can do that.  Actually I enjoy it and she knows that.  I will stop at the store and get a bag of nice seedless sweet oranges they have on sale.  I usually run into a retired buddy whilst there. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 25 at choretime heading for a high near 32. Some greasy skid stuff overnite as Cannon used to say. .5" at the ranch and .6" in town, melted out to .01" & .02" respectively. Did see a couple pellets of graupel on Ruby yesterday when she came in from pooping in the yard. Not much on tap for the weekend other than running a few errands & getting some groceries. Think I'll fire up the grill over the next couple days. I can make short work of the snow on the patio & the weather should cooperate. Like you said Barry, can't complain about January here. Last year at the SROC on this date the low was -31 and the high was -18. Now that's something to complain about!   :bonk:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Is this the January thaw of which the old-timers speak? Mid 40's for Sunday... :shocked:

In the auto-biographical book Gift of the Deer, Helen Hoover speaks at length about the January thaw, in northern Minnesota. Fantastic book.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
our secretary, one of them, lves in maple grove/osseo area she didnt run into snow till Anoka. talked to our apprenticeship coordinator who lives in shokapee said it wasnt doing anything there and siad he didnt hit snow till Anoka too!!!!!

radio this morning said a 1/2 inch od snow and freezing rain for th cities this afternoon!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's a Clipper system! I sense an uptick in them!    :bonk:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: January 01/31/20, 10:39:57 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Bit of an uptick in the January snowfall totals. .711 inch here.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
tell me about it!!!!!! :doofus: :doofus: :doofus: i left home 15 minutes earlier then i normally do and and was still late. a 1 hour normal drive took an hour and 40 minutes.
before i even got to clearwater there where 2 in the dirch and one bad accident by opportunity drive. thats between clearwater and st cloud. if someone dint die in that accident i'd be surprised!!!!!! :confused: looks like a pickup hit a car that may have spunout and the corner of the truck hit the car perfectly in the drivers side door. later i gotta do a bank run, hope the roads clear up by then!!!!!!!

morning fellers.................its friday, but gotta go to hagar city tomorrow!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:
i just read on st cloud times website someone did in fact die from that accident. :pouty: :pouty:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They lied :shocked: it started snowing here before 10.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's sad to hear Glenn...  it looked bad on the TV this morning too...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw that too Glenn and wondered if it was the crash you mentioned.  RIP

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like a 42 year old guy pulled over and then attempted to make a u-turn, but there was the truck and he broad sided the car..  a little Honda I think they said.... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like a 42 year old guy pulled over and then attempted to make a u-turn, but there was the truck and he broad sided the car..  a little Honda I think they said.... 
:scratch: :scratch: where that happened, no place to make a U turn!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Probably why they were broad-sided. Honda civic vs. half ton Silverado.
« Last Edit: January 01/31/20, 03:06:44 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: where that happened, no place to make a U turn!!!!!

all I know is that is what the artical said on bring me the news site...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just told ya.     

From MSP reports.

Type:Fatal
Case No:20600566
Date/Time:01/31/2020 05:07
District:2600

Vehicle Count:2

Description:Honda Accord was Eastbound I 94 near Opportunity Drive. Chevrolet Silverado was also Eastbound on 94. Honda pulled over to the right shoulder, then attempted a U-turn, and was struck by the Chevrolet in the left lane of I94 Eastbound, coming to a rest in the median ditch.
« Last Edit: January 01/31/20, 03:22:01 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's what I read..........

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bad deal to make a U-turn....anywhere, really.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I might of missed where they have those approached the coppers sit on!! :scratch: don't know there was alot of slow traffic and crappy roads and I wax trying to pay attention to the road.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I might of missed where they have those approached the coppers sit on!! :scratch: don't know there was alot of slow traffic and crappy roads and I wax trying to pay attention to the road.

No wonder there are so many accidents! Still see a lot of people talking while holding cell phones and here's glenn out there waxing while driving? Geesh!  :tut:

Seriously tho, we saw the sun for about 5 minutes this afternoon then it disappeared. Was all fired up to see a whole day of sun tomorrow after that. I just looked at the updated forecast and now it says mostly cloudy with a high near 35!   :mad1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here....our high of 45* tomorrow is now down to 35*, and cloudy.......morjits!    :angry:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sunday looks pretty good yet, 39 and sunny, but the rate it's going I'll believe it when I see it.   :crazy:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You just wanna stand around the grill full of lambchops and slurp down G&T's.  :rotflmao:

Actually, so do I.  :bonk:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  dang what was dat guy thinkin on making a u turn illegally?? Well I'm probably on my own on this but I'm actually hoping for no sun dis weekend, cuz tge nortens seem to be more willing where I'm going. You guys keep typing away, I'll go get dinner!!  :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

U turn on I94?   Like the freeway?    WTF?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

U turn on I94?   Like the freeway?    WTF?
see it often enough. when I went home, there is actually one of them little u turny things there. the accident happened after that U tunr thingy that has the no Uturn sign posted. it usually where the coppers sit with the radar guns and where snowplows turn around.

my guess is he may have slid right by the exit ramp to opportunity drive and was trying to turn around. I see a lot of people go off that ramp in the morning as the bus company, and I believe its either artic cat or Polaris has a place up there along with anther business or 2. think Anderson trucking is up there also!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: no HH tonight. :pouty: gotta work tomorrow. :bonk: