Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905855 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, same here, winds pick up some snow and then the freezer drops in!!  got most of things done on my list to do before my surgery Friday..  now it's just little things as I think of them..  just have a few things to do today, but nothing big..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, it's 19* now & we're goin for 24*. We've got some snow & wind in our forecast for tomorrow too. Made it down to HH yday & was told they had 4" in the weekend's storm. :scratch: Sure didn't look to be that much when we got home yday, maybe 1/2 that. :confused: Got a few errands to run today, otherwise a low key day. Have a good un.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  They are talking about this wind and snow coming along with -40 wind chills.  I don't like the sounds of that.  Better get some fresh hay bales out for the horses today.  This is the last blast of cold for the winter I told the wife.  LOL  She doesn't believe me. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning boys.  They are talking about this wind and snow coming along with -40 wind chills.  I don't like the sounds of that.  Better get some fresh hay bales out for the horses today.  This is the last blast of cold for the winter I told the wife.  LOL  She doesn't believe me.
will it be the last COLD shoulder you get from her too!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers.......... sure is quiet around here without that instigater from CAWchester!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: well catch up on some things.......gotta do a bank run and gonna stop at one of the shops today. about it. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
there's the pot calling the kettle black!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
there's the pot calling the kettle black!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: LPS????????????

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh my and there it is!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
oh my and there it is!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
He's just havin flashbacks. mike.  :crazy: ;) :laugh: :laugh: Rememberin what :evil: he seen in the mirror this mornin.  :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Gone for a day, and I see the hissy fits are still running rampant..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just havin some fun! :swords: :laugh: :laugh: Glad your back!! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gone for a day, and I see the hissy fits are still running rampant..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
WELL.............. someone had to take your place................................................

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just havin some fun! :swords: :laugh: :laugh: Glad your back!! :happy1:
speak for your self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :doah:

welcome back putz!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :cool: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1:

did ya chase all those russian spy's out of your puter???  dang things!!!! 
« Last Edit: February 02/11/20, 10:18:04 AM by mike89 »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Basically, yes! %$#@! Had to renew my  Kaspersky, so I did the new download, and it fought my Malwarebytes program, (ran fine together for last 2 years) fudging everything up big time. He ended up having to totally remove Malwarebytes to work with the new stuff Kaspersky has, and re-install everything... including Goog and my chrome browser. He said they really clashed big time, due to a new detection system Kaspersky added to their program. :angry2
Interesting that the top two rated Virus programs, Kaspersky, and Bitdefender, are based in Russia and Romania.
« Last Edit: February 02/11/20, 10:56:29 AM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dat scary..............

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 19 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-20's. Shearing got postponed for a day with all the snow. Had 9.8" at the ranch & 8" in Bugtussle. Melted out to .79" & .62" respectively. Took a while to get everything blown out and to push the snow back in the lots. Shearing went about as well as could be expected. The catcher didn't show so the shearer got another guy to come & fill in. 4 ewes came in between last nite & this a.m. Total fiasco but think we battled them to a standoff. Covered with blood & goo so will feel good to hit the shower soon. Reb will be able to smell me from over there pretty quick!  :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 19 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-20's. Shearing got postponed for a day with all the snow. Had 9.8" at the ranch & 8" in Bugtussle. Melted out to .79" & .62" respectively. Took a while to get everything blown out and to push the snow back in the lots. Shearing went about as well as could be expected. The catcher didn't show so the shearer got another guy to come & fill in. 4 ewes came in between last nite & this a.m. Total fiasco but think we battled them to a standoff. Covered with blood & goo so will feel good to hit the shower soon. Reb will be able to smell me from over there pretty quick!  :shocked:

sounds like you had a grand time!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd suggest you roll in the yard a bit with Ruby before ya go in.   :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning hombres. Late start; got busy. Got the 9" snow outta eveyhwre last two day, piled so high out front, nowhere to put it anymore. NWS said we already have 9" more snow than we did last year, saying it may be a really disastrous Spring, as I've been saying since last Fall. With the ground still saturated, huge snowpack, and then the Spring rains, we may see it worse than it's ever been here, and last year was pretty much pure hell for a lot of folks. I'd suggest they start preparing now, with the March dump of snow still yet to come. I hope it doesn't happen again, we didn't even have a Summer last year, just rain, flooding, and  🐄🐄🐄 washing away in the rivers.
Gonna rest up today, boy am I hurting from the snow removal. Might pop that lemon-pepper pork loin in yet, that I never got around to. Have a good one, guys.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That old goat? 🐐      :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And away we go.................just came out.    :doah:

1st 2020 Spring Flood Outlook February 13th

Weather.gov > La Crosse, WI > 1st 2020 Spring Flood Outlook February 13th

Main Message:

Increased flooding threat late this winter going into this spring for much of the area including the Mississippi River and many of its tributaries.  Significant flooding is possible, but not yet certain and will be driven by future precipitation and temperatures.  The first 2020 Spring Flood Outlook will be issued on February 13th. 

Continue to monitor forecasts and communications from the National Weather Service closely.  Check back to this page often for updates on the latest Spring Flood Outlook information.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
And away we go.................just came out.    :doah:

1st 2020 Spring Flood Outlook February 13th

Weather.gov > La Crosse, WI > 1st 2020 Spring Flood Outlook February 13th

Main Message:

Increased flooding threat late this winter going into this spring for much of the area including the Mississippi River and many of its tributaries.  Significant flooding is possible, but not yet certain and will be driven by future precipitation and temperatures.  The first 2020 Spring Flood Outlook will be issued on February 13th. 

Continue to monitor forecasts and communications from the National Weather Service closely.  Check back to this page often for updates on the latest Spring Flood Outlook information.
:scratch: :scratch: :doah: why you getting all bent about this???? :doah: you'll have more time to play with the neighbor lady and your rubber ducky out on the street!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :sleazy:

:oops1: :sorry: mikey made me!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :doah:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, listen up, nutcup, and try to understand it from someone elses viewpoint: 

1. My sump pump system barely kept up all last year....pump came on and ran every 2 mns; and it's a big one. I live in a small "valley" that gets a lot of run-off. My yard had standing water in it. I don't want my basement flooded and ruined again, been thru that 3 times. It scares me when things get this bad. I can't wave a magic wand and fix the prob; everything has been done that can be. Plus, I'm physically unable to deal with a lot of it.

2. The north and south fork of the Zumbro river is where we do all our fishing...which means another year we'd be screwed.

I'm glad it's not an issue that you have to worry about. I'd bet if you were in danger of yer basement being wrecked all year you'd worry too. Go thru it a couple time; ya get just a we bit gunshy.
« Last Edit: February 02/11/20, 11:52:31 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, listen up, nutcup, and try to understand it from someone elses viewpoint: 

1. My sump pump system barely kept up all last year....pump came on and ran every 2 mns; and it's a big one. I live in a small "valley" that gets a lot of run-off. My yard had standing water in it. I don't want my basement flooded and ruined again, been thru that 3 times. It scares me when things get this bad. I can't wave a magic wand and fix the prob; everything has been done that can be. Plus, I'm physically unable to deal with a lot of it.

2. The north and south fork of the Zumbro river is where we do all our fishing...which means another year we'd be screwed.

I'm glad it's not an issue that you have to worry about. I'd bet if you were in danger of yer basement being wrecked all year you'd worry too. Go thru it a couple time; ya get just a we bit gunshy.
:pouty: :pouty: SHEEZ....lighten up Francis...........just giving ya crap!!!!!!!! i realize the mess it causes..........damn go back to bed!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just tried to explain it to ya best I could...was NOT trying to be nasty, Glenn.  Didn't mean for you to take it that way....OK?  :surrender:
« Last Edit: February 02/11/20, 12:01:31 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just tried to explain it to ya best I could...was NOT trying to be nasty, Glenn.  Didn't mean for you to take it that way....OK?  :surrender:
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :sorry: :toast: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No prob. Do we have to kiss now?  :tongue:  Lotsa folks that don't live down here in Swampville  always say "so ya get some flooding"....ya, when we get it, we GET it. It destroyed my Dads entire store and business in '78, and I think,ultimately, his life. I was right there in the middle of it. The business was his life. He died a few years later at the age of 60. So, flooding just really hits home with me.

https://youtu.be/huvYwuHWM3A
« Last Edit: February 02/11/20, 12:20:46 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
This ladies place is about 6 cabins down from where we stayed on Minnewawa for the tourney every year... :happy1:

https://youtu.be/XSlt2EzhHTI