Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903076 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Well, the devilish eggs won out......... :tongue:

Good to hear the surgery went well, Glenn!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: February 02/25/20, 11:11:42 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear the surgery went well glenn.

You should mail him some of those develish eggs Reb... :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, back south of the border as of ~ 10. It's 32* presently & that's 'sposed to be the high for today, that 15+ mph NNE  wind makes it feel quite a bit chillier than that though. We had some more business in downtown Mpls again yday, only it took longer than the 1st time as we were there 4 1/2 hrs. There when they opened(9:30) but didn't get back on the road 'til 2. Mission accomplished though so it was worth the effort. :happy1: :cool: Cool through Friday now with that North wind stickin around but a switch of direction & temps by Saturday again. Already startin to see some fields clear & some grass under the big pines as well as the edge of the ditches down here. 'Bout all I've got for today, thought I should check in. Hopin it's been good 1 startin out, gotta roll.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And wouldn't ya know, no SPAM!!!  :angry: I was SURE I had some....wonder if Mrs Cheviot has been cleaning out my cupboards?!  :scratch: Looks like it's cotto salami with swiss cheese and devilish eggs for the noon-time repast, maybe even watch Gunsmoke or Andy while I'm eatin'. Us retired folk can do that. Forty years at it oughtta get ya SOME perks.  ;)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good to hear Glenn!!!  you will be a good nurse for her!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: February 02/25/20, 02:48:15 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad the surgery went well for your Mom Glenn. :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear things went well Glenn!! Afternoon peoples day 2 of bustin butt is history for the week, had to change some things around for tax reasons,  shoulda watched it closer over the year but ended up getting way too much back so we'll get it dialed in closer next year. Not that I'm complaining but like to shoot for a smaller positive or closer to even. Well gots to grill again tonight pork steaks n taters with some sorta salad so I best get movin...See ya!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Say, to build yer stamina and enhance yer escape capabilities Boober, oh hell, may as well open it up to anyone else who wants to help me get some hay tomorrow. I'll even point out where each bale needs to be stacked inside the trailer and then in the barn once we get it back home again. Then afterwards we can do chores! I mean, what fitness center would offer an extensive exercise program like that for free?  Just the kind of guy I am. I know, don't all jump at once... :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are one busy guy Dotch.  Someday you will have to invest in a lawn chair.  You just sit in them on a nice day and take it easy.  We will explain it to you when you are ready.  LOL

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You are one busy guy Dotch.  Someday you will have to invest in a lawn chair.  You just sit in them on a nice day and take it easy.  We will explain it to you when you are ready.  LOL

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
During the week Dotch I'm out fer helping but you if you need an extra back I can bring the kid down on a weekend.. :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well moms home. she got some healing to do. there may not even be physical therapy for that type of surgery. damn it was a long day sitting in that hospital. I even was a nice guy to the nurses!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:

well get things together for my road trip north tomorrow!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 02/25/20, 05:22:47 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Give Mom a hug from me.  And Glenn leave her pills alone. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Give Mom a hug from me.  And Glenn leave her pills alone.
:tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: sorry, not into pills. I quit taking the oxy they gave me when I had my back fixed. my brother, ya know son #1 is back from sconnie for 2 weeks to babysit. i'll check in!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can ya mail me some?  ;)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Happy fat Tuesday to ya too. 20 to start the day here and that will be about it for the high for today. Couple of cooler days then warming back up some for the weekend. I feel the crowd settling in that has been going around here at work. Right to the chest it went.  :bs: :angry2: Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Must mean the "crud?" Hope it ain't a crowd... :bonk:  :laugh:  Hope ya kick it quick.

You haven't been to Wuhan have you?      I had some of that crud and it took antibiotics and a couple weeks of prednisone to get rid of it.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, you prolly brought it here with yer chinee jasmine rice.  :angry:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

What are these "lawn chairs" that you speak of?  :scratch:

Actually I sat in one, once, I think, but not for long. About 35 years ago, a couple of us were loading rail cars at the elevator and we had a couple lawn chairs sitting on top of the rail car so we could watch to make sure we didn't get it too full. We had to get down off the car to move it and we left the cover open so the grain would flow into the next hopper. When we climbed back up there the lawn chairs were gone. They must've blown into the hopper and were quickly covered up with corn. It was always a PITA to get grain to start coming out of those hopper bottoms in the first place. Usually took a long piece of heavy rod and a lot of swearing especially if there was rotten stuff in the bottom. Imagine the WTF? moment when some poor bastard in New Orleans after poking away for all he was worth finally saw a lawn chair fall out on the grates.  :confused: 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, you prolly brought it here with yer chinee jasmine rice.  :angry:

You need to check again.   I buy rice from Thailand....

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 7 here this morning heading for around 15 i do believe. No Wuhan travels for me. This crud is progressing the wrong way though. Feeling worse today. The achy joints started last night. The sucky part is I need to fill the wood shed with firewood tonight. Yippy. Oh well, I will muddle through it. Happy hump day boys.  Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope ya start feeling better soon JB, but you guys can keep that crap up by the border!! :happy1:

Getting ready here to head up to grand rapids. See what kind of trouble I can muster up. :nerd

8 above here.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, get better Jb!!  safe travels Glenn, 5 here going for 21 today..  going to venture out today and get vittles for home..  sounds like the road is still closed in Alex from the fire..  I even got a hold of some jeans to wear instead of sweat pants.. don't care for those things at all...  looks like good weather all this week for us!!  have a good day all!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 23* now, goin for 25*. It looks like some more windshield time is in store for us today. Headin south this time, down towards Dotch's brother except it's Waterloo for us. 'Bout it for today, have a good Wednesday. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: February 02/26/20, 08:22:50 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: February 02/26/20, 08:23:16 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 17 at choretime heading for a high in the low 20's with lotsa sun on tap. Turning out to be a little nicer forecast than what they predicted a few days ago. We were supposed to have highs in the mid-teens which still beats the crap out of last year. The high a year ago on the 26th was 0, setting a new record for lowest high temp on this date. The low was -8. Looking at the SROC weather data from last winter is almost frightening. Between snow and cold that was one miserable mofo of a winter from mid-January on.

https://sroc.cfans.umn.edu/sites/sroc.cfans.umn.edu/files/2019_sroc_monthly_weather_reports.pdf  

Hope you're feeling better JB. Sucks to feel crummy especially when there's a lot of physical labor to be done. Have a safe trip glenn. We'll pick on you when you come back. Well, probably while yer gone too!  :evil:
« Last Edit: February 02/26/20, 09:48:40 AM by Dotch »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 23* now, goin for 25*. It looks like some more windshield time is in store for us today. Headin south this time, down towards Dotch's brother except it's Waterloo for us. 'Bout it for today, have a good Wednesday. :happy1:

I don't know if my brother's around right now or in DC. He's somewhere around Ackley (sp?) way out in the sticks. Pretty sure last I checked you can't get to his place using Google maps.  :confused: 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

I don't know if my brother's around right now or in DC. He's somewhere around Ackley (sp?) way out in the sticks. Pretty sure last I checked you can't get to his place using Google maps.  :confused:

Maybe he gave you a FAKE address.  :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Been a big day so far.  Got a fire going in the garage.  Went and gave a blood draw to check my meds.  Got a haircut.  Went to the store for the Seafood sale.  Man are we stocked up now.  The wife may give me some grief for what I spent but it is all good seafood and lots of fresh fruit and veggies.  I am down about 13 lbs so want to keep it that way.  Fresh fruit and veggies aren't cheap neither.  Now I need something to eat.  I am starved.