Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4946856 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers....nice looking day ahead...nuttin to pressing. survived the wild game feed!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  coffee and breakfast all wrapped. The minnow/fish cage needs fixing at da cabin so probably hit tge trifecta ( menards, Lowe's,  hd) shortly fer supplies.  I need to get out there soon anyhow to clean the wood duck boxes, enjoy the nice day on tap gents!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 43* & goin for 60*. Movin a little slow today so a bit behind normal. :cool: Got quite a bit done yday & got more yet today. It looks like another nice day so I'll have to find somethin outside to do. Hopin your Sunday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
got every window in the house home...……… nice fresh air,...………..AHhhh!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: snow's taking a beating and I helped. :sleazy: :sleazy: but man is there a lot of ice underneath that snow. back earlier in the season when we had all the snowy rainy slushy crap....then froze solid.  UFFDA!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
got every window in the house home...……… nice fresh air,...………..AHhhh!!!!!!

I would certainly think so, after all that beer and alligator puffs last nite.... ;)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon gang! 41 at choretime & 56 presently. Might make 60 but doubt it. Frost is out south of the house. Thought maybe that small garden there might be dry enough to plant some radishes. Picked up some seed at FF in case. Alas, too tacky yet. :sad: Moved the bottle lambs out of the garage after watching the Gopher BB game. Right before that we had one of our backyard pet roosters rummaging for birdfeeder leftovers. Southerly wind gust caught his tail just when I snapped his photo.
« Last Edit: March 03/08/20, 02:52:45 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man I miss not having pheasants around. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You must have grouse tho lps??

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup and they are fun to see too.  I see Ruffies when by trees and woods and I do see Sharpies in farm land.  That is pretty cool too.  One year I shot 13 Ruffies and I felt bad about it cuz they are so easy to shoot if you are quiet.  Pheasants would have been 100 yards away by then. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Especially these MN birds down in this area Barry. A lot of people go to SD and talk about practically flock shooting pheasants. The birds here are survivors for a reason. They're smart, cunning and spooky. You earn them if you can shoot them. I took that picture earlier today thru the dirty window. If I'd opened the sliding glass door even a crack that bird would've been gone in a heartbeat.   
« Last Edit: March 03/08/20, 10:27:19 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we have 34* & fog. Only 38* for the high, they're sayin. Sure was nice yday! :happy1: :cool: Rollin early today as we have a return trip to Mpls in the plans & we like to get there when they open, which is 9:30. Not much else new here, have a good day.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 13 here this morning heading for mid 20s today. Sorry Debs, I mean Rebs. I was working on my Boarinese. ;) :rotflmao: I pretty much have the crud kicked now. Still hacking a little bit of yum yums up, but feeling good otherwise. Now the darling wife is starting to get it. We pulled the big fish house in yesterday afternoon. So now we will fish out of the little one that I built back in December. Otherwise just another day back in the salt mines. Happy Monday boys. Have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers...........JB i think ya sent the crud down south also. feel pretty crappy this morning. sore throat, acky all over......... :doah: :pouty: :confused: other then that just another peachy day!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Kinda murky out there right now, a letdown from yesterday. That's the way spring usually works tho. We'd better get used to it as there appears to be both rain and snow in the forecast here. Oh well, still beats last year at this time. I just checked the snow depth chart for March 9th 2019. We still had ~20" of snow on the ground yet.  :sad: Get better glenn! Yer not as much fun to snipe at when yer under the weather!   :sick:
« Last Edit: March 03/09/20, 09:13:24 AM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning kids. 31* with freezing fawg, aka Pogonip. Far cry from the sunny 60* it hit here yday afternoon. That's March. Looks like laundry day here and not much else....
not even close to a Susanna Hoff's Monday. Enjoy, guys.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Susanna Hoffs...Rrrrrooowwwllll!!!!! :happy1: :wowza:

« Last Edit: March 03/09/20, 09:38:35 AM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A high of 24 here today.  It hit 48 yesterday.  Man that felt great!  I am going to pull my fishhouse to shore today or tomorrow.  We shall see.  Other than that no much else going on here.  And that's ok too.  I will make sure the bird feeders are full so I may draw in some new birds.  Haven't seen any grosbeaks for awhile. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We haven't seen any grosbeaks at all this winter.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon all, back from our mission by ~ 2. It looked like gas dropped a dime @ FF in Lakeville while we were in the big city, $2.09 on the way home. Cheapest we seen on the way up was @ the home of the Blossoms, BP, & that was $2.14. Hit some sprinkles just south of Owatonna ~ 1:30. The sidewalk is wet here now but still just light sprinkles.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 13 here this morning heading for 30ish something today. Gas is still $2.44 up here. Not much else happening. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, darn good to be home!!!!  and I have my real coffee!!!!  the infection in the leg was caught right away so hopefully things are looking better now..  I do have a few things to watch for, but as time goes on it will heal better...  sure had lots of good folks helping there to... but alas no sponge baths...  it seems they figured I was getting around to good so they said you are are on your own!!! I even tried to look sad and hurt like Glenn would do and no sympathy at all!!!  like WOW!!!  have a great day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad you are back home Mike. Hope the healing goes gooder!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks Jb!!!  me too!!!!!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 28* now & on our way to the mid-40's, I guess. :scratch: Some more precip towards evening in their fcast too. Yday's didn't amount to much, just enough to get the sidewalks & streets wet. :cool: It sounds like we're stickin 'round here at least 'til lunch today. No real reason to hurry back to Ia anyway. That's all I've got today, hope your Tuesday's a good 1.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, darn good to be home!!!!  and I have my real coffee!!!!  the infection in the leg was caught right away so hopefully things are looking better now..  I do have a few things to watch for, but as time goes on it will heal better...  sure had lots of good folks helping there to... but alas no sponge baths...  it seems they figured I was getting around to good so they said you are are on your own!!! I even tried to look sad and hurt like Glenn would do and no sympathy at all!!!  like WOW!!!  have a great day all!!!
:pouty: :pouty: now you know how i feel here!!!!!!!!!! :bonk: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers...........feeling like death warmed over today!!!!!!!!! sore throat, stuffed up noggin, sneezin, coughin. not even a new batch of fishin gals could motivate me today!!!!! :doah: went ni-nite by 8;15 last nite.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning. 13 here this morning but I think the wind finally died down a bit..  might have to check out ice conditions.  Only good way to check it is to drill a hole and drop a line down until it hits bottom,   Just to measure the distance from top to bottom of course....oh dang did those fish get in the way.??? 

Bs....I’m going fishing!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Good news Mike.  Good thing you caught that right away.  Spring isn't as close as it seemed the other day when it was in the 40's.  I don't see a 40 again in our 10 day future..   Still haven't got the fish house off the river but it is still making ice so all is good.  So Glenn has Corona virus.  He drank too many beers and is hungover.  Hope you are staying home Glenn. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn has CORONA???!  🏃‍♂️  You know the CDC monitors websites, right?  :rotflmao:
I've had the sneezies myself for weeks, I'm thinking it's Spring allergies or something.
Mikey! Good to hear that yer back! Take care of yerself!  Nothin' here except a continuation of the new Mom debacle. Look for another place for her. NO openings in Glitter town right now. Housing for elderly is on the bottom of the list. I filled all my reports out yday, so we'll see what happens. I don't care. Hope they get flattened by the state. Other than that, clean house day while I have the chance. Have a good one, guys.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 24 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's with bright sunshine. Not much going on so far this a.m. other than the time change continues to pi$$ me off. Need to put some heat on my elected officials to expedite the process to get rid of it. Great to see mikey back again.  :happy1: Be surprised if he doesn't try to talk Linda into giving him a spongebath!  :shocked: Glad to hear JB's conquered the crud. Now glenn has the alien. He must be run down from all that pot stirring!  :evil: Better tear into it here. Copy deadline looming ~ noonish. Gotta have my coffee 1st. If I was at home, chilly morning & all, I'd stick a little tincture in it!  :cool:  :coffee: