Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903041 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A belated mornin' gang! 23 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's, maybe. If these clouds persist it's gonna struggle to make that methinks. Change in plans somewhat until it warms up: will be cleaning out the two portable wire kennels we had the bottle lambs in out in the garage. Bring the skidsteer up from the barn & should make short work of that. Feed the bottle lambs at lunchtime, take out the garbage, wash some pots and pans along with cleaning up the kitchen. Somewhere in there I'm gonna eat and take a nap. No rest for the wicked... :angel:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon felllers….man it felt good not to have to wake up to an alarm. slept in too!!!! 10;30!!! :happy1: :happy1: feeling good enough to go putter outside fer a while!!!!! did manage to bring my venny trimmings into the locker plant. in 3-4 weeks a fresh batch of summer sausage and venny weiners!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon forum fellas,  good for you Glenn hope you slept off the crud. Me not so much, up early enough I had my nap at ten Dotch.  Gots the pick em up warshed, made my usual rounds but did spot fuel is at 1.99, thing is I dont need any.. Well momma and the whipper snapper have been told to work from home the rest of the month but you think I can..ya right  :angry2: . See ya!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin  all!!!  my oh my things have gotten crazier since going to bed last night as I listen to the news about virus!! common sense seems to have left the majority of the folks...  well 16 here going for 35...  have to see what the day brings as I have no particular plans at all for today..  you all have a good day!!!     time for some good coffee!!!!!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 4 above here heading for 30 today. I haven't turned on the news to bear yet. Don't watch much news on the weekend. Try to take a break from it. We caught a few fish yesterday. So my buddy Mike was able to take home a nice batch of fish. I will probably give fishing a try again today. I too need to give the truck a cleaning and wash. Still dirty from cutting firewood.  Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning all. 22* and sunny here. Woke up to a flashing clock...power had been off for the 3rd time sometime during the nite. This town better get their act together.....sky high taxes and the power's already been out 3x this year?! Yer right Mikey, people going crackerdog. I don't watch the news on TV. Read some selected sites, that way I can just stop reading when I want and don't have to hear it all. The rest I get on here.  :smiley:  To heck with the rules, I'm going out to see Mom, especially after the incidents and reports filed with the state this week. Need to check on what they've done. Will be careful around her and keep my distance, no hugs this time. Place isn't doing any Covid protocalls, anyway. Business as usual. Jerks. Quiet day otherwise. Take it easy, guys.
« Last Edit: March 03/15/20, 07:47:42 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we have 22* now & on our way to 40*, I hear. Well the snow lasted just long enough(2:30-3) yday to pretty much cover the ground but as soon as it quit it all disappeared. A little putzin here otherwise a mellow day. Hope your Sunday's a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Bob is purring on my lap as I write.  Enjoying a nice cup of faux coffee.   Not much going on with us today neither.  Just more Covid avoidance.  I haven't heard any news yet neither.  So maybe Covid was created to throw our election into a tizzy.  As if it isn't already.  LL  Now I have to decide what I want for breakfast.  I heard Slow Joe and Crazy Bernie are having a debate tonite and will have no audience.  That will be weird. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey LPS I just had some left over pizza and a banana!!!  did the trick here anyway!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds kind of good Mike.  I may have the eggs, sausage, onions, cheese on a tortilla like you mentioned the other day. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wunnerful morning here.Woke up to those flashing clocks...power had gone off during the nite. Made cawfee, reset everything, put some eggs and bacon in a pan....and the power went off. Again. 4th time. For an hour. There sat my eggs and bacon. And cawfee. Not even gonna say it.  :angry2:  :fudd:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You have a camp stove in the garage Rebs?  Back to the basics!  We ended up having a smoothie for breakfast.  I may go for a drive upriver to the east and see where the open water is now.  It is early yet but still a good reason to go for a ride. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup! And a little one burner from ice fishing! Was just about ready to go use those, when things came back on. I used them last winter when the power was off for it's 100th time in the city of perfection. Always keep six 1 lb'er LP tanks on hand, for those stoves and the Buddy heaters, and there's always the gas and charcoal grill for Spring/ summer no power use! I ain't going hungry! No way!  :tongue: That ride sounds like a good idea...may haveta make a scenic river run later today, and shoot some pics.
Dig out the 35mm's and blow the dust off.
« Last Edit: March 03/15/20, 09:36:42 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 22 at choretime heading for a high near 40. Lotsa sun so plan on spending a chunk of time outside after we get some ear tagging & tail docking done. Got a little bit of a head cold but otherwise feel OK. Some weenies & ribeyes to grill to create some leftovers later on. Better get at it.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning...still feel crappy...………….

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I froze that pizza fer ya... :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

sounds to me like the 2nd case in Stearns county!!!  stay away from St. Cloud and Cold Spring every one!!!!  morning Glenn..  hope ya feel better soon!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Definitely feel better glenn.  :happy1:

On a little more pleasant note I see that Sid Hartman is 100 years old today! HappY Birthday Sid!  :party3: :happybday: Odd, I thought he was older that that!  :rotflmao: Whether I've agreed with him or not, I've always enjoyed reading his stuff or listening to him on the radio before he got to the point where he's become hard to understand. The good ol' days when Cannon was around interviewing Sid still represent the golden age of radio. And the stories of some of the stunts Bud Grant and Bert Blyleven used to pull on him are legendary.   :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/15/20, 11:44:43 AM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

sounds to me like the 2nd case in Stearns county!!!  stay away from St. Cloud and Cold Spring every one!!!!  morning Glenn..  hope ya feel better soon!!!
:pouty: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: naw it aint the corona or MGL virus. :rotflmao: just the good old fashioned head cold I get every year.
its been a dry weekend here...…..only poison I've been taking are cold pills!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :pouty:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree with ya Dotch,  there were some good interviews back then!!  and good stories..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man I felt really  lousy and crappy this afternoon, laid down for a couple hours. feel pretty good now, even my wife says I must be feeling better...……..she called me a pain in the ass.  :doofus: :doofus: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I’m taking all precautions her at the shop.   :smoking: :crazy:
« Last Edit: March 03/16/20, 06:41:49 AM by Coffee118 »
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I like that Coffee!!! and good to see ya on here again!!  Mornin all, the home health care nurse just got done changing the wound dressings and all set for another couple days...  she says they are looking better, and I'm glad to hear that!!!  yesterday was a good day, went for a drive and even stopped at DQ and got us a treat, we got the blizzard and it was good..  got a few things to do today but might spread them out to tomorrow too..  have a good day all!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Nice mask Coffee. :happy1: 28 to start the day here and a couple inches of fresh snow. Was still snowing on the way in too. I seen gas came down to $2.19 here in Warroad. Diesel is 2.84 now. Fishing was pretty good yesterday. Got a bag of fresh fillets for din din this week. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Here are a couple pic of the fish house. Only thing left to do is paint the door this summer. I may also finish the inside this summer too.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks real nice Jb!!  I'll bet nice and warm on a cold day!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: nice!!!!!!! not many of them fishin gals will fit in there at one time!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers.............feeling pretty good today!!!!! lookout!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: March 03/16/20, 08:10:54 AM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 31* presently & goin for 42*. A couple little things lined up for today. Not much new here. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Listening to the Corona stuff on the news.  Now they are talking about restaurants being a bad place to congregate.  I believe them but how devastating for them as a business to survive this.  I feel for all in this confusing time.  I know I am going to avoid people as much as I can.  I am a hand shaker too so that is a real no no now.  We have lots of food so we will make it for a long time before we need much.  Except I forgot to get swiss cheese for ruebens.  Darn it.  May use monterey jack.  LL  We binge watched season 1 of Yellowstone yesterday and evening.  Very good show with lots of good scenery and I mean that in all of the good ways.  Have a good day all of youse.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 31 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Feeling sorta crummy today, halffast head cold and worn out. Got a bunch of sheep moved to the main barn yesterday. Down to 6 small pens in the lambing barn so that helps take some of the pressure off there. After I get some bills paid here in the office leaning towards heading home for a snooze this afternoon. Not much going on anyway. With school cancelled it's almost like people are in a state of suspended animation. Should remember to get some eggs before I head out. Curious to see what the grocery store looks like today relative to Saturday. Working on my coffee in the meantime. Have a good un peeps!  :coffee: