Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903956 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We like Yellowstone too Barry. And i know what you mean about the scenery.  :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hmmm I'm a scenery kinda fella too, might check her out  :happy1: Afternoon peoples day one is behind us kinda of crappy one to, windy, snowy. Pooches really wanna chase some tennis balls but the grass is way to soft so I spose I'll hafta take em fer stroll.  Have a good evening all!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Went to costco and Wallyworld today, had to get stuff to get the kitchen operational again now that we are back.

Not too crowded by looked like they got hit pretty hard over the weekend.  No beef except rib roasts and tenderloin and some steaks at costco.   No TP or kleenex at either place.   

No rice either.     

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome back Delman.  (my late uncles's name)  Seems like forever.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Man that sounds like the cuts of beef that will make you drool.  OR you could take the Mrs. and the two of you do a slumber party and Rebs place.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:  That would be real fun!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep welcome back del. Same kinda frenzy out west?

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep welcome back del. Same kinda frenzy out west?

Everything was totally normal until Trump did the state of emergency thing.   Then, mob scene.   We didn't need much so didn't go. 

They even cancelled that last day of the world adaptive surfing championships being held at the beach down the way from us, La Jolla Shores.  Bunch of folks from  a bunch of countries.   
Really fun to watch.    Finally figured out how it worked.   

I think we got out and got home just in time.  I was going to buy some chuck roasts and pork butts to cook in my spare time, maybe in a couple days they will have some more.   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Went to costco and Wallyworld today, had to get stuff to get the kitchen operational again now that we are back.

Not too crowded by looked like they got hit pretty hard over the weekend.  No beef except rib roasts and tenderloin and some steaks at costco.   No TP or kleenex at either place.   

No rice either.   

No TP? No problem! Roony & I made it a day earlier than planned and left some bags of wool fer ya! No need to thank me... :cool:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And here Delwood said he was gonna take me to Costco tomorrow..... :tut:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
And here Delwood said he was gonna take me to Costco tomorrow..... :tut:

You said you didn't need to go, that you got TP of your preferred brand at Aldi.  So I went today.   They didn't have tp anyway.  Or kleenex.   Or ground beef.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I did want to browse.....I'm hittin' the stores tomorrow am early. Told ya ya shoulda got that tube of 85/15 the other week and the .89 chicky. And pork. My freezers stuffed. I do need cawfee and some bfast snausages. And fresh produce. Wanna drop me some off?
« Last Edit: March 03/16/20, 09:41:16 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wake up you bums! Time to slop the cows & milk the pigs!  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 13 here this morning heading for almost 30 I do believe. Just another day in paradise and the sky is falling. :crazy: I think the is a lot of fear driving hype myself. So far here at work we are still making windows. Hope that doesn't change. Have a good one boys.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I did want to browse.....I'm hittin' the stores tomorrow am early. Told ya ya shoulda got that tube of 85/15 the other week and the .89 chicky. And pork. My freezers stuffed. I do need cawfee and some bfast snausages. And fresh produce. Wanna drop me some off?

It wouldn't fit in my suitcase....

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yea the world is changing as we watch it roll by!!  and I agree with fear driven hype too..   sure glad I went to HH last night..  not many there but it was good to get out for awhile..  not much today to do, just a few small things and make a hot dish up...have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, end of the HH as we know it. Maybe it'll cut down on all the drunks on the road.
30*, sunny, and it's either a skwirrel fight or hump on my deck... :rolleyes:
Gonna throw on the flak vest, armor up, and hit the grocery stores in a bit. That seems to be where all the action is; I expect FOX news to start broadcasting from them. I see Al Roker's doing the wedder from home....Cawfee's done, have fun guys and gals. Gotta run. 🏃‍♂️

O ya....Happy St. Patrick's day!
« Last Edit: March 03/17/20, 08:04:56 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Hope you are doing well DK.  Well my daily program changes as of today.  My wife who works in an office for the County and meets with people is now working half days to limit exposure.  She is working afternoons.  SO she will be home every morning now. So I have to make it look like I actually do something in the mornings since she is here to observe now.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I usually turn on KFAN as background noise but our desks are next to each other in the office so I may have to adjust.  She will be doing her work at her desk now.  She will find out I have been having sausage and eggs now more than I have my healthy Cheerios.  LLL  She just looked over my shoulder at this and we are both laughing our butts off.  She is a wonderful person.  I am glad I am married to her.  Well all of you have a good day and don't go out unless you have to.  Remember the 6' rule if you do. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 27* at the moment & headed for 46*, I guess. Went to HH yday too & it was pretty much business as usual here but I believe that'll be changin quickly. I've got a basket full of clothes that'll be finding their way to the wash machine in a bit otherwise another quiet day. Hope your Tuesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mornin all, 27* at the moment & headed for 46*, I guess. Went to HH yday too & it was pretty much business as usual here but I believe that'll be changin quickly. I've got a basket full of clothes that'll be finding their way to the wash machine in a bit otherwise another quiet day. Hope your Tuesday's a good 1.
yep here in Minnesota bars close at 5 today.....unless they can do food.

morning fellers...….working from home today...….got my semi annual physical at 1 then be in st cloud for a membership meeting by 3. no sense in driving to Ramsey...…. I can do union thuggery from home too!!!!!!!!!! :smoking: :smoking: :smoking: looks like freezing snizzle in the forcast!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Stayed home today. Practicing social distancing. Cold doesn't feel much worse but after more fun in the lambing barn and everything else going on I'm ornery enough to spit tacks. Luckily I ate at one of the local eating establishments yesterday before the restaurant shutdown. Both are capable of doing takeout but eating half cold stuff out of a styrofoam container just isn't the same. Grocery store was picked over yesterday too when I was there but there were plenty of staples like eggs, bread & milk. I forgot to look at the TP aisle as we were set in that dept. Think I'll work on some tax stuff. That oughta make me real ornery!  :mad1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Stayed home today. Practicing social distancing. Cold doesn't feel much worse but after more fun in the lambing barn and everything else going on I'm ornery enough to spit tacks. Luckily I ate at one of the local eating establishments yesterday before the restaurant shutdown. Both are capable of doing takeout but eating half cold stuff out of a styrofoam container just isn't the same. Grocery store was picked over yesterday too when I was there but there were plenty of staples like eggs, bread & milk. I forgot to look at the TP aisle as we were set in that dept. Think I'll work on some tax stuff. That oughta make me real ornery!  :mad1:

sounds like you are having an interesting time of it!!!  remember Gin and tonic!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
So, why is the local radio station doings ads for upcoming things/specials going on at local restaurants/bars this weeknd?!  :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I suppose cuz the ads are already paid for.  SO the radio stations and TV stations will have a lot fewer advertisers too with them closed.  Hadn't thought of that angle.  Gonna hurt all of us as this goes on.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Made my run for stuff today. All the stores are in a line from my house, Kwik-trip, then HyVee, then ALDI, Then another HyVee, then Walfart, then Menards. So I start at one, and just run the strip. Have a big cooler in the truck stuff goes in to stay cold during runs. Got my milk and free bacon at Kwik-trip, then hit ALDI for paper towels, meat, veggies, dish soap. Got chicken thighs, drumsticks, breasts, and 2 family pks of CSRs'. Loaded me up on meat. Plenty of Ground beef, steaks, roast, etc. Just no pig chops. Pig roasts though. No dish soap or paper towels. Lotsa TP, though. No one fighting over it, folks shopping in there really friendly and helpful. Talked to quite a few. Limit 2 on the TP, and it was Angelsoft, not some cheap brand. I grabbed one. Slid to Sly-Vee, home of the rip off. Folgers coffee usually $7, was $9.29. NOT! Tell me they aren't taking advantage of this. No paper towels. No dish soap. No TP. Entire meat cooler was empty...incredible! Not one piece of meat. No pizzas. But, shelves were full of boxes and bags rice, stuffing macaroni, mac'n cheese, soop.....Del, ya sure missed that. Lotsa veggies and canned stuff. Back on the road, decided to pass on Walmart, someone called and said they are still bare shelves of no TP or paper towels. That dump is something else. No planning,no limits. Got to Menardo;'s house of bargains, cases of 3-4 different brands of paper towels. Cases of Dawn and Lux dish soap. (They don't carry TP) Good prices on cawfee, water, pop. So I loaded up and headed home.
The clear winners again? ALDI and Menardo's House of Bargains. Kudos!   :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/17/20, 01:26:23 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, but I think I will stay as far from sly vee as I can get away with.   

Free Bacon?   What?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup. One day online deal when you swipe yer rewards card. I love free bacon.  :kiss:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup. One day online deal when you swipe yer rewards card. I love free bacon.  :kiss:

Me too.  bummer i missed it.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon forum fellas,  I only needed a 1/4 tank but at 1.93 I couldn't resist, was stopping fer chew so I spose that's how I'll get the crud. I haven't been in any grocery stores during this fiasco,  I probably should. Tge FIL down in Arizona said there was a good Duke em out at the Walmart over TP.  :crazy:  Thinking this is a good way to sit back and cook up everything otta all the freezers,  then restock after the panic is over.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 15 here heading for 30ish today. Sounds like a chance of snow maybe too. We have some friends that are supposed to come up fishing Thursday night thru the weekend. The wife said this morning that they probably shouldn't come and for some reason I am not arguing with her. I will have to let them know this morning. Maybe we can reschedule in 2-3 weeks. Hopefully things are settling down by then. We are still working up here in the north country. Anyone that can work from home they are encouraging them to do so. Well, heres to another helter skelter day. Have a good one boys.
« Last Edit: March 03/18/20, 07:01:20 AM by Jerkbiat »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 33 here going for 40.. talking rain/snow tonight into tomorrow..  helter skelter says it well Jb!!  going to Alex this morning to get a few things and then I will see how bad it is there...  other than that only a few small things to do today..  have a good and safe day today all!!!