Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902097 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Well, I see my REAL Id/license was printed and mailed today after seven weeks... :rolleyes:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well this oughtta be fun. I've been looking for my SS card for the last several weeks. I had it stashed in a drawer then needed it when my credit card got hacked a few years ago. It was in my wallet a while after that but since it was rather worn, I put it someplace where I'd be able to find again. Can't seem to remember where that someplace was so need to apply for another one in order to get my license among other things. Luckily they have given an extension on license expirations with the coronavirus issue & I have my passport. Not sure what I wanna do as far as all this license nonsense.Oh WTH? I've driven on an expired license before!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I filled out the census when the rest of youse guys did the other week...just got another letter in the mail today I need to FILL OUT THE CENSUS....that, with the back-and-forth 3 times on my license stuff, makes me wonder WTH is going on up there in the state? Anyone up there know what the other hand is doing?! And this started before the Corona thing became a big hit....

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got the same letter. Ruby filled mine out the other day. She kept getting tripped up when it asked for her ethnic background.  :confused:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
HAHAHAHAAAAAAAA.............. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. The deer must have moved out of their winter area. Two of them grazing in the backyard this morning.
Now that we are back, filled some bird feeders but  no birdies yet.   I guess they found some other source whilst we were gone. 

Saw a deer in the back with only 3 legs.  Might be the same one we saw last fall, she had something wrong with a hind leg, maybe broken.  Now it's gone.   

Looked a little thin but hanging in there.   Not much in the way of predators in the neighborhood. 

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning gang, hope everyone is staying safe. Well I’m still able to stay open after our governor shut down all non life sustaining business since I am food/drink service and drive thru only. Today is the first day that I’m feeling affected. So far I’ve been open for three hours and have done $25 in sales. I’m not going to stress out and make myself sick. I just try to remember the advice my father always gave me about life and the stories of my grandparents, aunts and uncles of the suffering and tough times themselves and this country has gone through and gotten through it. All I can say to everyone is try to stay healthy and positive we’ll get through this. Y’all have a good day
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 1 above here this morning. Only going to make it to 20 today. Supposed to get below zero tonight. Big plans is to ice fish this weekend. other then that. Just another day in paradise. Happy Friday boys! Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  hang in there Coffee!!!!  11 here going for 25 or some thing..  no precipe in the forecast for the most part..  maybe some snow Saturday night.. got a few things done yesterday and still have a few more today..  one thing today is I'm going to marinate a 5 pound boneless pork loin so I can put it in the smoker tomorrow..  trying a marinate that I was given, so a new one to me..  have a good day all!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope this doesn't hit ya to hard Coffee. Hang in there.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, wishing you the best Coffee. Good that you can stay open anyway.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck, Coffee. Hope business starts booming for ya. And for everyone else in the same situation.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A cold one here today but should start the warm up tomorrow.  Can't wait.  Will be great once the walleye season is closed so all of these people coming up here will end.  I hate the thought of going to the store will all of everyones germs all over.    Just trying to stay safe.  Thinking of making some potato salad today.  That pretty much tops the list of things to do today. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it sure is quiet here with the blue feller AWOL!!!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 24* presently & it's 'sposed to make 33*. It started snowing last night ~ 8 but we barely got enough to cover the ground, maybe 1". Wind is howling, 15-25, pretty good though. Not much else new here today, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wow! No squeaking sounds. Wonders never cease. :scratch:

Mornin' gang! 22 at choretime heading for a sunny high around 30. Aside from the wind it actually ain't too bad out. A dusting of snow. .93" of rain at the ranch & 1.05" in Bugtussle over the past 24 hrs. Sick sheep yesterday, scours & possible pneumonia, with the weather change so had Mrs. Cheviot pick up some add'l antibiotic. Never know when del might need a shot again too! Sheep seemed better this a.m. Hang in there coffee. It's taken people around here a little while to adjust & figure out the sky really isn't falling & this is temporary, in spite of the drivel on the airwaves & social media.  :happy1:   
« Last Edit: March 03/20/20, 01:23:24 PM by Dotch »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :crazy: What difference a day makes!!  :shocked:  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:                                                :whistling:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya!  :happybounce:   

Got 1" wet snow here...enough to cover everything easily. Now it's frozen rock hard.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just got done lunch. Ordered take out from The Willows. Their take out lunch business has picked up steam since the restaurant closing order was put in effect. Was a ~45 minute wait to get our orders filled. 3 other parties besides us getting food while we were there where two days ago there were two orders total. I'm happy for them & hope they can make it.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/20/20, 01:32:17 PM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I certainly hope Ruby got to ride shotgun and order, too..... Scruffy used to get his own mini-burger.  ;)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Got pizza at the backyard bar and grill Wed nite. Good to support these small businesses as much as we can.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I certainly hope Ruby got to ride shotgun and order, too..... Scruffy used to get his own mini-burger.  ;)

Mrs. Cheviot had the day off so Ruby's home bonding with her and helping feed bottle lambs.  :happy1: 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't wanna hear yer near any liquor stores, then.  :whistling:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Who? Me?  :blues brothers:  :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, not much on the agenda today...  fire up the pellet smoker will the fun part..  they say it will get to 35 today, have to see about the wind.  it's not howling like yesterday so that's better for sure..  have a good day all!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Kenny "the Gambler" Rogers has passed away..  he was 81, RIP....

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is to bad about Kenny Rogers. Really like his songs. RIP Kenny.

Morning boys. -7 here this morning heading for 30 today. By looking at the forecast this should be the last of the below zero temps for this winter. Hope so. Seeing a fair amount of 40s in the forecast now. Sipping on some fake coffee now. Need to decide what is for breakfast and get out fishing. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Mornin guys, we have 24* now & gonna make 38*, I guess. I've got a few little things in mind to stay busy for a bit this morning but that's about it for today. We should have 1 more NICE QUIET day here too. :whistling: ;) :laugh: Hope your Saturday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: March 03/21/20, 07:48:44 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Gonna start a fire in the garage today to get things warmed up since we had -9 here this morning.  The wife is going grocery shopping today as I have a little bit of a stuffy nose thing going on.  SO I just added a chuck roast and chicken to the list.  Will be fun to see if she really gets it.  She will get chicken but the chucky is the real test.  LLL  Just going to relax and enjoy the day.  Will have to cook something interesting so will make that decision later on.  Probably get back into bingeing on Yellerstone later on too.  Stay safe all of youse.
« Last Edit: March 03/21/20, 10:49:37 AM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You could stuff the roast with chicky parts.....kinda like a turducken.  ;D