Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4951794 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will let you know what she got off my list..   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 21 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Making a quick supply trip shortly for some fuel & odds & ends to keep the home fires burning. Finally got the electric fence out of the ice after the rain so need to figure out where it's grounded out yet. Thought I had it all up except where it was froze down last weekend but something must've run thru it or knocked a wire off an insulator. Replace the shavings in the wood duck house while I'm at it and maybe harvest some pussy willows for the floral shop. Oh & feed bottle lambs... :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Those catkins always make me think of grade school....seems us kids always had a vase of them in water to watch pop out that the teachers brought.
We also called the less-than-tough kids pussy willows.  :rotflmao:

O ya, it is Spring! Happy Spring!
« Last Edit: March 03/21/20, 10:04:57 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Back from FF. Kinda an odd mood in there. Most people trying to keep their distance altho I did see some people hug each other and couples holding hands. Must not have got the memo. :scratch: Got softener salt, some charcoal, shavings for the wood duck houses (forgot I still have one I can put up yet), some diesel fuel for the Gator, chocolates for Mrs. Cheviot & a can of nuts to nosh on. Filled the water softener & fed the bottle lambs so now I can focus on feeding me. Plenty of leftovers to heat up then maybe take a hard earned nap. I feel one comin' on!  :happy1: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon forum fellas,  I gotta go to FF myself probably tomorrow after I check out the ads in the morning.  The chippies musta got the memo that its spring time, they been  hunkered under the bird feeders since yesterday.  We let the pooches take us on a stroll a bit ago, good to see lots of the neighbors doing the same thing by getting outside.  Well the pork shoulders been hanging at 168 fer a while and looking scrumptious,  think I'll let the outside get a good crust on em.. See ya!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I disvcovered a couple good things about Hallmark: It's so boring you can sleep right thru it and not feel guilty! Almost right up there with bowling or golf. What a nap! (yawn)
« Last Edit: March 03/22/20, 08:43:21 AM by Dotch »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lotsa folk out and about here, walking , talking (keeping their distance, noticed that right away, talking at a distance, etc. ). Lots of places with closed signs due to virus on their doors. Mmy side of town is a ghost town. Got over to the SE side of town, the "diverse area", was just the opposite. Clumps of people standing around, kids playing in groups, their Halal markets and food shops have lots of people going in and out, and their "stores" are all open, looks like life as usual to me.  :rolleyes:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Lotsa folk out and about here, walking , talking (keeping their distance, noticed that right away, talking at a distance, etc. ). Lots of places with closed signs due to virus on their doors. Mmy side of town is a ghost town. Got over to the SE side of town, the "diverse area", was just the opposite. Clumps of people standing around, kids playing in groups, their Halal markets and food shops have lots of people going in and out, and their "stores" are all open, looks like life as usual to me.  :rolleyes:

Well I do me and they do them.   See you on the flip side.   Personally I am minimizing contact with other humans.  I have decided I can't get others to do anything.   Maybe if I  had an army or something.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
IMO. that's why it's not gonna work. Them. And my kiddy neighbors, who has 4-5 of his buddies and girlfriends over again boozin' it up.  Every F***N day this week. They just don't give a damn. I've had it with that crap. Precautions are in place for a reason. Ya wanna make people sick and possibly kill them, start with yer own group of punks, and do it on some uninhabited little island. No one will care.  :angry2:
« Last Edit: March 03/21/20, 06:58:19 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a quiet day yesterday.. I did get a few things done and I did get that pork loin done too!!!  today might be even quieter..  I will see at the end of the day...  have a good day all!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 17 here this morning heading for mid 30s today. Looks a little breezy this morning. Not much social distancing happening up here it seems. Went to the grocery store Friday after work and nobody seemed to be trying to hard. Neighbors are still gathering. They invited us over last night. We stayed home. Mainly because we still had to make supper yet and shower.  Otherwise just another day in paradise. Hi ho, hi ho a fishing I will go. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 31* presently & I'm hearin 40* will be our high today. Some warmer, mid-40's to ~ 50*, but wetter weather comin in next week, is what our 10 day has. Did a little work on some of the clutter 'round here yday otherwise a quiet day here too. Probably a little more of that today too. Not much else new here, have a good un.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like a nicer day today.  Just had the fox walk thru the yard.  Cool.  Well the wife did the grocery shopping yesterday and she did not get me that big chuck roast I was hoping for.  LL  That's ok we have plenty of meat in the freezer.  So Sportsmans Lodge did the right thing and they are closing fishing today and closing the kitchen tomorrow after breakfast.  Good for them.  Talked to a friend that said some fishermen went into the grocery store the other day on their way home and bought over $500 of meat to take home with them.  That would have been lots of meals for the people that live here.  Now the other resorts need to follow suit. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I should have said we got about an inch of snow and things are really slippery now!!  at least it will get into the low 40's so it will melt today!!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a quiet day yesterday.. I did get a few things done and I did get that pork loin done too!!!  today might be even quieter..  I will see at the end of the day...  have a good day all!!!
:scratch: I'm bettin the noise :evil: will start again :rolleyes: 'bout mid-late afternoon today. :pouty:                             :whistling:                                    ;) :laugh: :laugh:                         
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
In the meantime we'll have to enjoy the peace and quiet!  :happy1:

Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. Light dusting of snow. Nothing measurable. Windy again today. After it warms up some tho I've got stuff I wanna get done outside. Social distancing here is pretty easy. We're tied down with the livestock so the only time we leave is to get supplies & groceries. Not sure what to do about work this next week. Not like we have a lot of floor traffic. Thinking just limited hours, forenoons only until further notice. Eventually the fields will get fit enough so we can soil sample. Social distancing becomes even easier then.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
G'morning.   Temps are good but snowing like crazy.   Not really sure what the day is going to bring yet.  Might just have to self-quarantine on the lake again today.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I'm bettin the noise :evil: will start again :rolleyes: 'bout mid-late afternoon today. :pouty:                             :whistling:                                    ;) :laugh: :laugh:                       

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-Cancelling-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphones/dp/B07Q9MJKBV

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like a nicer day today.  Just had the fox walk thru the yard.  Cool.  Well the wife did the grocery shopping yesterday and she did not get me that big chuck roast I was hoping for.  LL  That's ok we have plenty of meat in the freezer.  So Sportsmans Lodge did the right thing and they are closing fishing today and closing the kitchen tomorrow after breakfast.  Good for them.  Talked to a friend that said some fishermen went into the grocery store the other day on their way home and bought over $500 of meat to take home with them.  That would have been lots of meals for the people that live here.  Now the other resorts need to follow suit.
I heard the beginning of the week last week that Rocky was shutting down Sunday also.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just saw two C-130's heading into CAWchester...wonder if they're bringing in med supplies? News says Nat'l Guard is delivering supplies. They do normally practice T&G's at the airport here in summer, but their route is in a big east to west circle. These two came in from a direct north heading going south.....

https://kttc.com/2020/03/21/gov-walz-activates-minn-national-guard-to-help-deliver-personal-protective-equipment/
« Last Edit: March 03/22/20, 12:28:31 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Curfew coming Tues or wed

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

just what we need.............. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
As Glenn would say. Piffle.  :angry2:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
So the virus only comes out at night?   :scratch:

Whatever. Got the fence charged finally after much consternation along with a few "gosh darns" "by golly's" and "son of a biscuits" for good measure. A high tensile electric fence may be in my future. Also was able to get the wood duck house cleaned & put new cedar shavings in it. Just in the nick of time. The snowbank out to it still held me up while the pond was starting to thaw around the pole. Would've been up to my waist in the water in another day. Lots of duckweed already so can see why it's a popular spot. While in the CRP I picked enough pussy willows to supply the floral shop for a while. Funerals are limited in scope w/the situation so the demand isn't as high. That's good. Wetter than chit down there so lucky to get back out w/o getting stuck.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:pouty: :pouty: :pouty: awe all youz guyz……….BITE ME!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i know ya'all missed me!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well, it was fun while it lasted... :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Another exciting day more or less sequestered at home. 33* and another 1/2" snow overnite. At least most of it is gone and ground is thawing out well. Normally, B.C., I would be starting to put the Spring stuff together for the yard work, watching for fertilizer and grass seed deals, starting to get the mowers ready, etc.
Right now I'm putting everything on hold until I see what happens with the situation.
Well, half calf 🐄 cawfee is ready. Stay well guys, per the new greeting phrase.
« Last Edit: March 03/23/20, 06:10:54 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 27 here heading for around 40 today. Got a little snow yesterday afternoon. 1/2" or so I would say. I would if all the resorts closed their roads yesterday. Not a single light out on the lake this morning. Well, made it into work for another fine Monday. Hope we are able to keep working. I  keep waiting for da gubner to shut everything down. Heard on Friday though that some states that have locked down still consider window manufacturing essential. Hope that holds true for MN. too. I do not want to be out of work. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 29 here going for the low 40's again..  sounds like rain tomorrow morning....   My Doc appt. is still on for tomorrow morning at Mpls VA..  not sure I want to go, but I will wait to see if they call me...  got a few things to do today, nothing big..  one small run to Sauk Centre...  have a good and safe day all!!!